Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Bitch of the day  (Read 10883 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Bitch of the day
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190105436197

Take a look at that one TC.  Was curious about what might be out there now and stumbled in to this listing.  $130 for tubes and lifter blocks.

Thanks for that link, Don.  Purchased.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RedFXR2

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 08:53:21 AM »

Oh.  I thought this thread was about Paris Hilton. ;D

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 08:54:06 AM »

I demand beer...

Beer quantity = demand

Seat?  You betcha.  Me like.  Me like a lot.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 09:47:09 AM »

Oh.  I thought this thread was about Paris Hilton. ;D

;D too funny....I actually came in to make sure spidey wasn't talking bout ME!!  :P
I like shiny stuff!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »

I wasn't sure if he was thinking about Jane Fonda, Hilary Clinton or a female dog. 

Or it could have been me too. 

Whew!   :cherry:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 03:08:08 PM »

SHOULD WE REALLY BE HONEST?

A while back I went to buy some shelving for the closets in the house at home Depot during a remodeling project. I'd already budget priced everything and knew I was looking at $1,000 or so. I had $200-$300 of other items to purchase so when they rung it up at $1,060 I shrugged and thought, guess it was cheaper than I had first thought. I drove across the highway to eat lunch. While eating I went over the receipt. They had obviously neglected to scan all of the items and not charged me enough. Now, I'll say I'm a honest man, basically, most of the time, sorta. If it was a CVO memmber, or an individual, I'd do the right thing and bring it to their attention. But, this is Home Depot. They own the big box stores. They put little ma and pa lumber yards out of business. They're owned by greedy stockholders. F**k em. I drove off. Within a mile, I turned around and went back. The more I thought about it, I left again. At the same spot in the road, again, I went back. I was struggling with "what's the right thing".  Obviously if I kept going back and forth, it was bothering me. So I go back in. Here's where it gets interesting.

I tell the floor manager what happened. She looked at me, WOW, there is STILL honest people in this world. THAT made me feel good for doing the right thing. She told a young kid to go out to my truck and write down the 1,000 digit bar code of every item I purchased, (the items were too large to take back off the truck easily), bring the list back to the customer service desk and instruct her to "re-ring" the entire order and give me a 10% discount for my honesty. When he passes this info on to the woman behind the counter she looks at me very puzzled. HOW am I supposed to do this? Lady, I just shop here, I don't know. Her and the manager go into a pow-wow. They have come up with a plan. First they give me a credit on EVERYTHING listed on my receipt. It was over a foot long. She had to manually key in every bar code item until it matched up exactly. They have a few rules about giving out credit to customers. First, they don't give cash back, they put it on a credit card for store credit. Before she can give me the card though, she has to have proof of ID.

"blink" You're kidding me, right? All I'm trying to do is pay you for the items you didn't originally charge me for. Yes, sir, I understand that, but, we have rules. So, under protest, I show her ID. She had to call the manager back to "OK" and sign off on the store credit because it was over $1,000. Then she keys all of the items back into the computer plus the original items they'd forgotten. Then, she took the 10% off. I handed her the store credit card, and I owed a difference of $75. I had the cash, but decided I wanted to write a check. Since I'd just signed for a $1,000 credit, my name is highlighted & blackballed everytime I go in a HomeDepot now. The manager had to approve the check.

Look lady, I know you have a job to do and your hands are tied, but do you think I drove back to your store to alert you of your mistake,  so I could write you a cold check after 2 hours of this BS, so you could send me to jail??????? Seriously!

Next time this happens to me, do you think I've driving back?

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »

A while back I went to buy some shelving for the closets in the house at home Depot during a remodeling project. I'd already budget priced everything and knew I was looking at $1,000 or so. I had $200-$300 of other items to purchase so when they rung it up at $1,060 I shrugged and thought, guess it was cheaper than I had first thought. I drove across the highway to eat lunch. While eating I went over the receipt. They had obviously neglected to scan all of the items and not charged me enough. Now, I'll say I'm a honest man, basically, most of the time, sorta. If it was a CVO memmber, or an individual, I'd do the right thing and bring it to their attention. But, this is Home Depot. They own the big box stores. They put little ma and pa lumber yards out of business. They're owned by greedy stockholders. F**k em. I drove off. Within a mile, I turned around and went back. The more I thought about it, I left again. At the same spot in the road, again, I went back. I was struggling with "what's the right thing".  Obviously if I kept going back and forth, it was bothering me. So I go back in. Here's where it gets interesting.

I tell the floor manager what happened. She looked at me, WOW, there is STILL honest people in this world. THAT made me feel good for doing the right thing. She told a young kid to go out to my truck and write down the 1,000 digit bar code of every item I purchased, (the items were too large to take back off the truck easily), bring the list back to the customer service desk and instruct her to "re-ring" the entire order and give me a 10% discount for my honesty. When he passes this info on to the woman behind the counter she looks at me very puzzled. HOW am I supposed to do this? Lady, I just shop here, I don't know. Her and the manager go into a pow-wow. They have come up with a plan. First they give me a credit on EVERYTHING listed on my receipt. It was over a foot long. She had to manually key in every bar code item until it matched up exactly. They have a few rules about giving out credit to customers. First, they don't give cash back, they put it on a credit card for store credit. Before she can give me the card though, she has to have proof of ID.

"blink" You're kidding me, right? All I'm trying to do is pay you for the items you didn't originally charge me for. Yes, sir, I understand that, but, we have rules. So, under protest, I show her ID. She had to call the manager back to "OK" and sign off on the store credit because it was over $1,000. Then she keys all of the items back into the computer plus the original items they'd forgotten. Then, she took the 10% off. I handed her the store credit card, and I owed a difference of $75. I had the cash, but decided I wanted to write a check. Since I'd just signed for a $1,000 credit, my name is highlighted & blackballed everytime I go in a HomeDepot now. The manager had to approve the check.

Look lady, I know you have a job to do and your hands are tied, but do you think I drove back to your store to alert you of your mistake,  so I could write you a cold check after 2 hours of this BS, so you could send me to jail??????? Seriously!

Note to self:  Being honest at Home Depot sucks.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »

Please don't take this the wrong way, I have been contemplating this message for some time about the rights and wrongs and how we should behave.  AND after all my contemplating, wrestling with my conscience, discussing it with the Great man upstairs, wondering whether it is one of life's fortuous moments I have come to the conclusion that, - "You must have had a brain fart!!!"  :smilie_daumenneg:

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »

HB,
So how much you think you spent in gas (going back and forth) and time waiting for the folks to "straighten things out" at HD (is this a coincidence?????).  Certainly cost you more than the 75$.  But I admire your honesty.
You did the right thing IMHO, but I've experienced the same "issues" when trying to do right by folks.  First they can't believe it, then they can't handle the confusion it causes.
TC

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 04:00:56 PM »

Not nothing in gas. I never made it more than a mile from the store. BUT, I was a good two hours getting it handled. In my opinion, if I was the manager, I would have gotten on  a calculator (that's an antique instrument used to add and subtract numbers), calculated the difference, took the money, and let the customer go. We would have worked out the BS later on.

I think those people are sometimes educated beyond their intelligence.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 04:15:40 PM »

Not nothing in gas. I never made it more than a mile from the store. BUT, I was a good two hours getting it handled. In my opinion, if I was the manager, I would have gotten on  a calculator (that's an antique instrument used to add and subtract numbers), calculated the difference, took the money, and let the customer go. We would have worked out the BS later on.

I think you did the right thing, HB.  But, having to put up with all that BS would have made my next stop a place to get a cold beverage  :drink: :drink: 

Honestly, I think people are losing their ability to problem solve because of all the "rules" and machines we now have in place to do business.  To use an overused phrase....it keeps people from developing any ability to think outside the box.  Machines and rules are good, but they are also meant to be worked around and bent/broken/questioned. Where you or I would have done as you suggested and figured the difference, got the money, and worked out the details when we closed out the register for the day, others just don't think like that.  Hell, bro....most of 'em can't even make change without the machine telling them how much to give back, or spitting it out for them.  They are like lemmings walking off a cliff...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »

During that remodeling project, I started trading with Lowes because of the problems with HD. Same chit there. I hate Lowes, HD, Wal-Mart and shopping malls.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 04:44:51 PM »

All of this transpired IMO because of Corporate Procedures. ( Think ISO 9001) The bean counters have taken over corperate America to the point where they've lost all sight of why they are in business. (the customer) I used to be able to go into Denny's and order biscuits instead of pancakes with one of those combo meals they advertise. Not anymore. " you take it the way we give it to you " exact quote from the waitress, then the manager. So, now I go to a little place run by a retired San Diego County Sheriif's Deputy and his family. The food's good, the service is good, I get to order what I want and the price is fair. Now if one of those cops would just give me a " get out of jail free card" I'd be all set.

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »

After the HD incident, I bought a vibrating sander from Lowes. I own a consruction business, so I charged it to our account there. We get a 10% discount. The sander was normally like $47. After the discount it was $42.30. I get it home, open it, and it's broke. Well chit. A week later, I'm through the area, and decided to take it back for a new one. I go to the service desk with the sander and the receipt. She first credits my account for the $47 by mistake. Then she gives me a $47 charge to void that $47 credit. The next time she is careful to take the 10% discount. she hands me the ticket to sign, and it's a charge rather than a credit. NO, I'm not signing that, it's a charge ticket. OOPS, so, she does another credit, this time with the 10% discount. I sign those two tickets but, wait for the next credit. She's like--What next credit? I just wrote you a credit. *rolling my eyes* I ask her to call the manager over after we argued a bit. Ever tried to argue with a (Fill in the blank). The manger goes through the list of tickets, listens to me, and tells the girl to write me another credit.

After getting squared away with the service desk finally, I go back to the tool section and get another sander just like the first one, hopefully not broke. I go to the cashier and tell her to charge it, and don't forget the 10% discount. She still forgot. Well, void that transaction and let's start over. NO! she can't do that, I'd have to take it to the service desk.

I mean, it's almost comical. I paid $5 more for the sander the second time. NO THANKS. No more service desk, please......................... I did get back to the office and sent a rather lengthy email to Lowe's web site. 6 Months later, I received a gift card for $25. 6 months? Will the insults ever cease?

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »

I think you did the right thing, HB.  But, having to put up with all that BS would have made my next stop a place to get a cold beverage  :drink: :drink: 

Honestly, I think people are losing their ability to problem solve because of all the "rules" and machines we now have in place to do business.  To use an overused phrase....it keeps people from developing any ability to think outside the box.  Machines and rules are good, but they are also meant to be worked around and bent/broken/questioned. Where you or I would have done as you suggested and figured the difference, got the money, and worked out the details when we closed out the register for the day, others just don't think like that.  Hell, bro....most of 'em can't even make change without the machine telling them how much to give back, or spitting it out for them.  They are like lemmings walking off a cliff...
You're spot on Terry.  I think a good deal of the problem is that the business's just don't take the time to train their employees - especially those that directly interface with the customers.  The making change comment is great.  I purposely try to do my part to improve the math skills of counter staff at fast food places.  I wait until they've entered the amount I've given them in folding money, and then hand them the exact amount of change so I'll get bills back... Never ceases to amaze me the reactions I get.  I've had managers called over (who couldn't figure it out without voiding the sale and starting over with the register!!!).  I had one tell me they can't take tips :nixweiss:.  Unbelievable!
HB - back to your issues - I've gotten to the point that I'll go to the big box places to "touch and feel" what I'm looking for and then go to the internet and buy from a "trusted" sources - much like I'm sure many of us do here with Zanotti's and Chicago HD... Not always fool-proof, but I find this approach a good  deal less frustrating.  I mean if it really goes south, I can always fling my laptop out a window :huepfenlol2:.
Tony
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.