Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: High Speed Wobble CRASH  (Read 10163 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: High Speed Wobble CRASH
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2008, 07:07:09 PM »

Really?  Stock?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Henry-
It used to be stock on Glides and Ultra's too until the MOCO figured they could charge extra for it.   :)   I don't believe it makes the engine run hotter (I leave mine on year round).  When actually mounted on the bike, it looks like it funnels the air (that used to go up the tank) down on the engine and would aid in cooling (but what do I know).  Bob

REGGAB

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2008, 07:43:37 PM »

Henry-
It used to be stock on Glides and Ultra's too until the MOCO figured they could charge extra for it.   :)   I don't believe it makes the engine run hotter (I leave mine on year round).  When actually mounted on the bike, it looks like it funnels the air (that used to go up the tank) down on the engine and would aid in cooling (but what do I know).  Bob

I'm not sure about earlier models, or 2006 and beyond, but Tony's (father-in-law) 05 FLTRI came with one of those in black out of the crate.  I've seen other FLTRs with them as well.  Never seen an FLHT or FLHR with one stock.  That's a pretty funky, vortex laden area down there.  Heck I wonder about the effectivity of the oil cooler in that area.  Anyway, my deflector is on, it works, and I'm OK with that.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »

Will it make my motor run cooler?  :nixweiss:  spyder

When the Twin Cams came out in 1999, they first came with that shield on there. I believe it was in 2000 that a Bulletin came out of Milwaukee reccomending that the baffle be removed to allow more air pass to the rear cylinder. This was all because of the complaints of the excessive heat from the Twin Cams. Gee, is it 2000 all over again?

:indian_chief:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »

I'm not sure about earlier models, or 2006 and beyond, but Tony's (father-in-law) 05 FLTRI came with one of those in black out of the crate.  I've seen other FLTRs with them as well.  Never seen an FLHT or FLHR with one stock.  That's a pretty funky, vortex laden area down there.  Heck I wonder about the effectivity of the oil cooler in that area.  Anyway, my deflector is on, it works, and I'm OK with that.

Took this picture at the Chicago show today....it is a Ducati...one end is attacted to the frame and the other end is attached to the tree...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »

Took this picture at the Chicago show today....it is a Ducati...one end is attacted to the frame and the other end is attached to the tree...
Does it come in 'chrome'?  :nixweiss: har!  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »

Does it come in 'chrome'?  :nixweiss: har!  ;D spyder

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2008, 03:16:45 PM »

Guys, I'm tellin' ya'!  Get rid of them pansy a$$ lowers, put some hi-way pegs on your crash bars, and lay that big left foot up there on it when you're doin' 100+MPH, and you're wobble is history.  Don't scoff until you try it.  Trust me.  I'm tellin' 'ya, it works!  It's all about aerodynamics.  There endeth the lesson.  8) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2008, 03:36:22 PM »

Guys, I'm tellin' ya'!  Get rid of them pansy a$$ lowers, put some hi-way pegs on your crash bars, and lay that big left foot up there on it when you're doin' 100+MPH, and you're wobble is history.  Don't scoff until you try it.  Trust me.  I'm tellin' 'ya, it works!  It's all about aerodynamics.  There endeth the lesson.  8) Later--HUBBARD
OR, just buy and ride a Road Glide like your 'buddies', and you won't have ANY aero problems, either!  (you ole 'road-dog')  :2vrolijk_21: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »

... and to stay in on the fun in this post  ...

There's always that "buy a race bike to add to your stable" option  ;D ;D ;D

I'm tellin ya, that new Buell 1125 is HOT!
-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2008, 04:20:29 PM »

Hey Magic......you gonna spring for one?  If only I was your age.... ::).....har!  spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »

Hey Magic......you gonna spring for one?  If only I was your age.... ::).....har!  spyder
Ain't that the truth!! Can you just imagine our ole arthritic/bionic parts arse sliding across the seat hanging off the side of one of those bikes. :nervous: :vrolijk27:

We'd get set up for the first turn and wouldn't recover until the lap had finished and it was time to set up for the first turn again. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2008, 05:06:19 PM »

Ain't that the truth!! Can you just imagine our ole arthritic/bionic parts arse sliding across the seat hanging off the side of one of those bikes. :nervous: :vrolijk27:

We'd get set up for the first turn and wouldn't recover until the lap had finished and it was time to set up for the first turn again. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Well, as 2lane would say:  spewwwwww!  ;D :D :D :D :huepfenlol2:  har!  spyder

REGGAB

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »

:ROFLOL:  I ain't scoffin', but that's there's some funny chit.

Tried it on my 02 Ultra.  Scooter wobbled.  Lesson learned:  Don't do 100+ MPH.

Next lesson:  Best I recall, I've never experienced a wobble on my SEUC, not like that old Bagger anyway............with, or without lowers..............WELL above 100MPH.............not that I stayed there that long.   Now, I need to find some wood on which to knock.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »

You ain't just kiddin' either, Pat.  That thing is a screamer.  What a metric chit ton of fun.  Still tryin' to wipe this grin off my face.

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »

Well, I had planned since 2004 to get a new bike in '08 ... but the numbers just aren't there.

I still owe about 2K on this bike and if I got a new one, I'de have to put about 2K into it to get it where this one is (exhaust, power commander, camera wiring harness, different mounts for the cams cause the bolts are different than my current bike, etc) ... which would be just fine if my current bike wasn't still reliable ... but it is ... and I have so many spare parts for it, I could almost make another one (just need an engine frame, and forks).

I need to break this one, first.  LOL.

Which will likely happen sometime this year.  It's about time for my bi-annual wipe out (d'oh) and I'm going to be trying to get bumped up from the "Intermediate" to the "Expert" group this year ... so, I'll be pushing hard ... it's bound to happen.

Next year a new bike for sure, tho.
-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.