Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Painting Garage Floor  (Read 10617 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Painting Garage Floor
« on: August 17, 2008, 07:20:40 AM »

Hey Guys,

Time to spruce up the garage thinking about painting  it with an epoxy coating. I know there are some great coatings out there and some junk. If you have done your floor or know someone that has with good results, I'd appreciate so feedback and insight  on how to do it right>>> Thankks Greg 

P.S.  At this point I'm not opposed to using tile either, again don't know enough about either way or for that matter the best way.   
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Painting Garage Floor
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:09:14 AM »

Hey Guys,

Time to spruce up the garage thinking about painting  it with an epoxy coating. I know there are some great coatings out there and some junk. If you have done your floor or know someone that has with good results, I'd appreciate so feedback and insight  on how to do it right>>> Thankks Greg 

P.S.  At this point I'm not opposed to using tile either, again don't know enough about either way or for that matter the best way.   

Hello mi amigo Greg....I remeber that Warren (flyingwillie) posted some pics about a treatment that he did the his garage.....it was around 6-8 months ago.....you can contact him, very nice person. He lives in Atlanta. I suggest you send him a PM. Maybe he will respond later because is in Las Vegas and coming back home today.

Good luck,

Jorge

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »

I tiled mine with Armstrong commercial tile and really happy with it. If you seal it proper you wont get tire marks. And yup,, i did the black and white checkered pattern. I have pictures on my other lap top,, i will post some when i fire it up... Lets see pics of your garage, (or man cave) folks...

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCU3
    • Calgary Red Knights
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 02:05:06 PM »

I did one of my garages with Armstrong Commercial tile and the other with a Loews brand epoxy. I was much happier with the tile !!  This is the only pic I could find (front fender of my BMW LT)
Roy J
Past President Calgary Red Knights
Deputy Chief (retired) SFD

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »

I don't know about the tile but that's one of the best looking flame jobs I've ever saw.  Who did that?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »

I don't know about the tile but that's one of the best looking flame jobs I've ever saw.  Who did that?
Yes Sir it is... Lets see some more pics of that.... :2vrolijk_21:

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 03:56:58 PM »

I just had a garage remodeling company called Garage Concepts come over and remodel my garage. They cleaned out the 30 years of junk, completely gutted the garage and installed new lights, Gladiator cabinets and benches with power strips and also a racedeck floor tile system.
I am VERY happy with the results!
Here is a shot of the tile floor.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »

I just had a garage remodeling company called Garage Concepts come over and remodel my garage. They cleaned out the 30 years of junk, completely gutted the garage and installed new lights, Gladiator cabinets and benches with power strips and also a racedeck floor tile system.
I am VERY happy with the results!
Here is a shot of the tile floor.

Can you ballpark how much a fun little project like this costs?  Thanks..it looks awesome!

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »

I did one of my garages with Armstrong Commercial tile and the other with a Loews brand epoxy

If I read correctly, you did the VCT tiles and then put expoxy over the tiles.
Is that correct?
How is it holding up?

Brad

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »

Can you ballpark how much a fun little project like this costs?  Thanks..it looks awesome!

My garage is probably about a car and 1/2 in size. They did all the labor so it was more than usual, the floor in materials and labor was $1,500 and the total job including costs of cabinets,lights,floor etc. ran about $8,000.
(See my separate thread for more complete photos of what was done.)
The big advantage to this setup is that all storage cabinets and work benches can be moved to a new garage if we move so it's not money lost.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 08:45:44 PM »

I'm in the middle of doing my garage right now.  Still deciding on the ArmStrong CVT tiles or a RaceDeck style tile.  But whatever you do, DON'T, I repeat DON'T use the G-Floor roll out garage floor covering made by ( http://www.bltllc.com/blt_main.htm ) it is great stuff as long as you don't plan on driving on it, parking on it or using your garage like a garage.  I rode my bike onto it and it bunched up about a 3" hump in front of the wheel, when I called em about it they told me it was normal, and then refused to take back the one I'd rolled out.  I also asked what would happen if I used a floor jack on it, was told you can't use a floor jack on it, will crush right thru it.  I'm cutting it up and using it for covering my shelves in the garage....and telling everyone I can not to buy their product.....it's crap.  Anyways, good luck on the garage, I'm already starting to see the results, lookin better everyday......a few pics....

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 10:02:38 AM »

Two photos of my Armstrong Commercial Tile,, right after installation.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 10:03:13 AM »

the other

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• Calgary Red Knights
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 10:19:22 AM »

If I read correctly, you did the VCT tiles and then put expoxy over the tiles.
Is that correct?
How is it holding up?

Brad

No Brad, two different garage's. The only thing I put over the tiles was a product called "wet-look" which gave them a sheen.
Roy J

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• Calgary Red Knights
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »

A guy in Calgary Alberta named Blake who owns a company called "Cross-eyed Air". I think it was the first BMW that he did. The sad part is that the guy who bought the bike when I went to the CVO only had it for a couple of months before he wrote it off. He felt real bad about it ----and I doubt that his insurance would cover the paint cost on the replacement bike.
Roy J
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.