Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Painting Garage Floor  (Read 10618 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Painting Garage Floor
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »

I'm in the middle of doing my garage right now.  Still deciding on the ArmStrong CVT tiles or a RaceDeck style tile.  But whatever you do, DON'T, I repeat DON'T use the G-Floor roll out garage floor covering made by ( http://www.bltllc.com/blt_main.htm ) it is great stuff as long as you don't plan on driving on it, parking on it or using your garage like a garage.  I rode my bike onto it and it bunched up about a 3" hump in front of the wheel, when I called em about it they told me it was normal, and then refused to take back the one I'd rolled out.  I also asked what would happen if I used a floor jack on it, was told you can't use a floor jack on it, will crush right thru it.  I'm cutting it up and using it for covering my shelves in the garage....and telling everyone I can not to buy their product.....it's crap.  Anyways, good luck on the garage, I'm already starting to see the results, lookin better everyday......a few pics....

thanks for the heads up. cause i was about to try it. epoxy or tiles now.

leaning toward the tile option.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 06:08:25 PM »

[quote ]

thanks for the heads up. cause i was about to try it. epoxy or tiles now.

leaning toward the tile option.

TN
[/quote]

If you go tile route, make sure you seal and buff with a good sealer such us Armstron tile sealer. It will help big time against hot tire stain, and other stuff as well. I spilled about a quart of acetone on my and thought i screwed the floor up... I appled another seal in the spilled area and it was back to new..

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 08:02:06 AM »

WWW.UCOATIT.COM

It is expensive but from what I have heard it works. I hope it works for me in November, when I redo the Garage Mahaul!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »

WWW.UCOATIT.COM

It is expensive but from what I have heard it works. I hope it works for me in November, when I redo the Garage Mahaul!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Wow,, it is expensive. But nice.. How is the durability?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:28:29 PM by sportygordy »

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »

Might be to late,but I did mine with Rustoleum Epoxy a few years ago & am very happy with it.Didn't go the tile route 'cause I do a little welding & grinding in the shop.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 12:47:05 AM »

I used the Rustoleum Epoxy 3 years ago and it's starting to come up now on the cage side. I coated the MC side of the garage very heavily (5 bikes at the time) and just put down a normal coat for the rest of the garage. The bike side still looks great but I'm really rethinking about a complete makeover for my MANCAVE

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »

used sherwin williams kits to epoxy garage. 28x 40. need to complete clear coat which i'm using the oil base. :2vrolijk_21:

bought lots of extra flakes. anyone who is constructing a garage needs to do this at time of construction. what a pia this has been.

also put a drywall ceiling in with insulation. next step is a package unit. :huepfenjump3:

soon

TN

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 01:03:52 PM »

Aren't these paints a little slippery, especially if you get some fluids on the floor, or ride into the garage with wet tires?

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 01:14:08 PM »

Don't waste your time and money on the sherwin williams crap. I put it on a 30day cured virgin floor. Etched it with muriatic acid and did everything per their instructions. Let it cure for 30 days before using it. It hot tire lifts, chips and stains easily.  Total waste of time.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »

Aren't these paints a little slippery, especially if you get some fluids on the floor, or ride into the garage with wet tires?

they have a fine sand to put in for traction on the clear. plus i used four extra jars of flakes. adds a bit of texture.

Don't waste your time and money on the sherwin williams crap. I put it on a 30day cured virgin floor. Etched it with muriatic acid and did everything per their instructions. Let it cure for 30 days before using it. It hot tire lifts, chips and stains easily.  Total waste of time.

oh gawd. its too late for me now. i did use muratic acid. did you use the oil base clear? i had the acrylic and was told to use the oil base.

if this don't work i'm putting carpet down. :coolblue:

TN

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »

I used the 2 part epoxy paint, which I was told was the toughest stuff out there shy of a linex type product.  Total load of crap.  Save your muriatic acid, you'll need to get the paint off the floor when you're ready for carpet!  When you get ready for carpet, make sure you use a 100% cut carpet.  The loop or cut and loop blend will only pull and string on you.  Guess how I know that?!  Oh yeah, most of the "industrial" carpets are loop.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 05:20:39 PM »

Wow,, it is expensive. But nice.. How is the durability?

Most of the Nascar teams use it in their shops. So I would think it must be a good product.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 06:21:11 PM »

I went with the professional epoxy.  Thought long and hard about tile as well.  I can tell you from experience if you do do epoxy it is like wine...cheap to very expensive.  I have done the cheap two times now and will not waste anymore time and money on them.   The pros spent three days.
Day 1: Bead blast, filled all concrete cuts, and first coat
Day 2: second coat and then granite chips
Day 3: lightly sanded only to remove sharp edges and then final coat
I am very pleased with the results. 
Cleanup after the snow and ice on my truck melts is the best.  The floor looks filthy and all I do is take a push broom load some clean snow in front of it push it over the mess and out the door.  It shines like you just spent hours mopping it, and it takes 2 minutes. 

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »

I went with the professional epoxy.  Thought long and hard about tile as well.  I can tell you from experience if you do do epoxy it is like wine...cheap to very expensive.  I have done the cheap two times now and will not waste anymore time and money on them.   The pros spent three days.
Day 1: Bead blast, filled all concrete cuts, and first coat
Day 2: second coat and then granite chips
Day 3: lightly sanded only to remove sharp edges and then final coat
I am very pleased with the results. 
Cleanup after the snow and ice on my truck melts is the best.  The floor looks filthy and all I do is take a push broom load some clean snow in front of it push it over the mess and out the door.  It shines like you just spent hours mopping it, and it takes 2 minutes. 

Well fill us in. WO DONE IT?????? What size garage and how much?????

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »

I have a custom floor, covered in decades of oil, power steering fluid, beer and the like...It has "patina"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.