Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Painting Garage Floor  (Read 10619 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Painting Garage Floor
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 08:26:48 PM »

Well fill us in. WO DONE IT?????? What size garage and how much?????

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Industrial floor in Wasco, IL

30X26

Starting qoute $2400. actual price paid was less than $2000.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 09:56:38 PM »

I have a custom floor, covered in decades of oil, power steering fluid, beer and the like...It has "patina"
:D :D :D :2vrolijk_21: Yeah... that's MY floor, too! And I've got areas of some crappy gray paint that a previous owner applied. Found that doing a little burnout will remove the paint. :P Patina... yeah, that's it!
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 04:30:15 AM »

Don't waste your time and money on the sherwin williams crap. I put it on a 30day cured virgin floor. Etched it with muriatic acid and did everything per their instructions. Let it cure for 30 days before using it. It hot tire lifts, chips and stains easily.  Total waste of time.

I used the Sherwin Williams 2 part epoxy & am very happy with it. Floor (25X25) was about 6 months old before I etched it with an etching powder which is acid based.. After thirty days I put the gloss clearcoat on top. Waited a week to park the bikes. 6 months later & still looks perfect. Mind you, my motorcycle garage does not get cars parked in it. Not sure if it would peel if I did. But I've dropped wrenches, wheel my bike lift around with no scuffs or gouges. THE MUFFMAN

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 05:24:27 AM »

Industrial floor in Wasco, IL

30X26

Starting qoute $2400. actual price paid was less than $2000.

Really not a bad deal since all you had to do was write the check. What kind of warranty?

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 08:47:01 AM »

Lifetime warranty.  He told me if I drop a pic axe on it and it chips he would come back and do it again.  I believe he would.  Makes most of his money off off of big box stores and car dealers.  He has thousands of pictures and tons of different options, and has been in business a long time.

I thought it was expensive, but it is like you said, write a check and enjoy it.  I hate to pay for things I can do myself, but when you look at the cost of some of the high quality do-it-yourself epoxy, and renting equipment, and then the warranty.   :nixweiss: 

I would do tile before doing the Home Depot epoxy again.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:50:00 AM by guppytrash »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »

We epoxied the new floor before we moved in.

After a year it seems to be doing great without any distress from traffic or turning tires.

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 09:22:53 PM »

We epoxied the new floor before we moved in.

After a year it seems to be doing great without any distress from traffic or turning tires.

That golf cart is awesome, Roger.  Bet that thing is worth a mortgage.   :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 01:50:12 AM »

That golf cart is awesome, Roger.  Bet that thing is worth a mortgage.   :2vrolijk_21:

We're gonna have some fun with it. :2vrolijk_21:

xjackx

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 10:47:25 AM »

What is used to "clear" seal concrete in industry and the big boxes like Lowes?
I'm fine with the color of concrete, I just want to stop it from absorbing every drop or spill.
Thanks, Jack

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 05:09:43 AM »

You can use a clear epoxy coating to cover the concrete. Finishes range from satin to high gloss. You probably want to add shark grip or similiar product to reduce the slipperyness. THE MUFFMAN

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »

You can use a clear epoxy coating to cover the concrete. Finishes range from satin to high gloss. You probably want to add shark grip or similiar product to reduce the slipperyness. THE MUFFMAN

My neighbor is a cement contractor. Last week he stained his garage floor brown and used the clear coat coating. It's looks awesome. He said they do a lot of upscale homes this way and I'm talking inside the home. I never could imagine cement could look so good with a simple stain (it ain't cheap) and the clear coat brings out the shine. I've also seen some newer homes, models, that have the garage done in a asphalt granite type covering. I've never been able to find out what this stuff is but i like it,,, looks real nice in a garage. Sacramento Harley has the same covering in their store, but i think the stuff I've seen the home models looks better
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:56:15 AM by sportygordy »

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »

My neighbor is a cement contractor. Last week he stained his garage floor brown and used the clear coat coating. It's looks awesome. He said they do a lot of upscale homes this way and I'm talking inside the home. I never could image cement could look so good with a simple stain (it ain't cheap) and the clear coat brings out the shine. I've also seen some newer homes, models, that have the garage done in a asphalt granite type covering. I've never been able to find out what this stuff is but i like it,,, looks real nice in a garage. Sacramento Harley has the same covering in their store, but i think the stuff I've seen the home models looks better

You are right . It looks awesome if done properly. I have seen some very upscale homes do this in the basements with a heated floor. It actually looks like marble.  THE MUFFMAN

xjackx

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »

Are all epoxy coatings for floors a two part mix?

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 02:27:16 PM »

Are all epoxy coatings for floors a two part mix?

The better ones are and are usually a mix of 2 to 1.  I put more hardener in than required & it is very durable. THE MUFFMAN
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.