Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)  (Read 9358 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)
« on: January 07, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »

I just received my yearly HOG membership packet (map, pin and patch) and
I was thinking what I really wanted from a "club/membership"
I think the pins and patches are fine but what do you do with all those little things? I just file them away, can't seem to bring myself to just pitch them.
Map is fine, but who really uses them anymore?

So I thought some of us could come up with a better package that would be of more use.

Like a list/map of bike friendly lodges/motels?

a commemorative coin?  better than putting a hole in your jacket

A packet of pictures (we all like pictures) of our bikes

OK you can come up with some suggestions and maybe I will forward the best ideas to the MOCO

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:31:41 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »

I don't want much from them.........just the road service.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »

I don't want much from them.........just the road service.

Same here.  Don't need rules, meetings, and politics.  I get enough of that at work!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »

Same here, national membership only don't belong to local chapter anymore.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »

hehehehe.........HOG.........:ROFLOL:

We have rules, politics, and drama right here.  Who needs HOG?   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:18 PM »

Free towing if I break down.
 :cucumber: :jalapeno: :carrot: :pepper:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 10:27:10 PM »

hehehehe.........HOG.........:ROFLOL:

We have rules, politics, and drama right here.  Who needs HOG?   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:
To me HOG is like having a bunch of CVO buddies locally.  There are a few rules, not much politics and of course some drama queens (and kings) but hey, that's life.  All in all I really enjoy my HOG chapter friends and the rides we have. 
But I recognize that not all HOG chapters are equal.  Mine just happens to be a great chapter but maybe that's because we have some great volunteers who really want to 'ride and have fun' - just like we do on this website.  jmho

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »

I would like to see not only the roadside assistance but a nationally recognized discount on parts and service. Maybe even a loaner bike or at least a courtesy van to bring us home from our local shop.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »

I have towing through AAA. That's all I need. Beagle used his AAA card today to get his Cherry Bomb to the local H-D dealership. It's a good deal and you're far more likely to find a AAA tow in the middle of nowhere North Dakota than you are an H-D dealership willing to come get you at 3AM.

As to H.O.G. The only reason I even have a HOG card is I get a new one every time I buy a new motorcycle and for awhile I was averaging 3 new bikes every two years. Since the last new one I bought was my 07 Road Glide, I think my membership expires in 2010 and I doubt seriously I'll spend money to re-up. I have nothing against all of the super nice folks who are HOG members, but I think I've made my views on the "Patch" very clear in a number of posts. HOG exists only because of those patches and pins and the chance for otherwise decent law abiding church going very nice folks to play wannabee BadAss when they put on their "cut" Many of us forget that as a percentage of the general populace, bikers are still a very small group. Most folk who ride might have one other person in their general neighborhood with a bike let alone another Harley. Very rare when you find a street where there's four or five houses with H-D's in the garage, so he whole HOG Patch thing is something of a novelty to the non riding public. The vast majority of which have no clue as to what HOG is. They see bikers with patches and it could be HOG, Del Fuegos or Hell's Angels. They really don't know the difference. As a marketing tool HOG belongs in the Hall of Fame. For all the ways they tried to reinforce brand image, GM, Ford and Chrysler never thought of starting a "club" for their customers. Pure genious and to whomever invented HOG, I tip my hat. But at the end of the day, I don't need it, don't want anything to do with it and don't give a damn what happens to it. Sorry if that offends, but the question was asked.

B B

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:13:52 AM »

Ditto What Spiderman says.

Couldn't say it better.

Some great people in the local HOG group, very dedicated individuals, but I would rather ride with a few friends that really know how to ride in a small group. Tried a few of the "group rides", and it was more of a wreck looking for a place to happen than a "ride".  I'm all in favor of more Harley riders, but I'll let them learn how to ride before I ride in that pack.

Just my opinion - flame away

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 12:36:15 AM »

Ditto What Spiderman says.

Couldn't say it better.

Some great people in the local HOG group, very dedicated individuals, but I would rather ride with a few friends that really know how to ride in a small group. Tried a few of the "group rides", and it was more of a wreck looking for a place to happen than a "ride".  I'm all in favor of more Harley riders, but I'll let them learn how to ride before I ride in that pack.

Just my opinion - flame away

Bill

No flamin here Bill! I'm with ya all the way! I've been w/B B's assessment of this since he first stated it. Maybe longer! (Prolly not though. HOG's only been around in recent years.) Locally I pretty much only ride with my crew too. Don't like big groups or strangers for the most part. Or I'll solo on the road most of the time with Binx. I love meeting this group at GTG's and ride anywhere and everywhere to do it. But even our gatherings have lots of people with different styles. So when we group ride, it's mostly broken into smaller groups of people with similar styles. We called it the "A" group, "B" group and "C" group. Or "no friggin way I'm ridin w/Hoist! ;D ;D ;D ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:05:09 AM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 01:02:46 AM »

Best I can  remember - (not saying much) - I got my first "HOG Membership" when I bought my '99 FLSTCI. Maybe it's just me, but I would much rather ride solo, or with a select few and then meet up at the destination for festivities.  No dis to HOG, the more riders the better for our effort, but ....whatever - I just don't like riding in large groups...or with anyone, or by myself, or whatever......what are we talking about?

2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 05:15:56 AM »

Ultrafxr, you must be in MusicCity HOG, and I can understand your comments because it is a good chapter, Gary does a great job, but the key is dealer participation, and Bubba does it well.
As a member of (officer for the last  2 1/2 years) of another Chapter close by, CSHD-MidTenn, I must say that the complexion of HOG is going through a change. I joined the local chapter to divert my attention away from going back to my old ways. Which would have been fine cept for the whole, Hard to get up in the morning thing,. was good for a bit but I am not one to go with the flow, I do like the whole Ride & Have Fun aspect, but most in the chapter I do not wish to ride with. there is a small group that we ride with when I need to rip and tear. But enjoy riding with my wife most of all.
you guys with the AAA, I have it also with the RV extra for bikes and I'll tell you that on 3 separate occasions they were no help. once in AZ, MO, SC. they could not tow a bike nor had any tools to help with. HOG card got me home all three times. JMHO, purchase the extra deluxe package for 19 bucs a year.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 07:27:30 AM »

I've been a national member for two years.  When I bought my Fatboy and when I bought my SERK.  I went to one local meeting the first time and most of the time was spent by people arguing about how they didn't want their name listed in a formal roster.  It never seemed to sink in that if they didn't put their name down it wouldn't go in it.   An hour of that was enough.  Oh, and I got popcorn and a pin at the Sturgis expo hospitality room!
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 07:57:39 AM »

What's Hog?  :nixweiss:
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.