Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Santa  List  (Read 4627 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Santa  List
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2005, 06:33:07 PM »

I just figured out what I want from Santa... I want all of the "Santa Babes" on Jocks Homepage. Wooo Hooo. That and I'll need some help from Mark Martin's sponsor last year  ;)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JimsSEEG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 10:29:56 PM »

CUSE-TX, welcome to the board... Congrats on the 06.

Are you going to make either of the Toy Runs: the 10th from Austin HD or the 11th from Central TX? I'll be making both with a few buddies.

Always looking to put a face with a name.

Jim
Jim

"Ophelia"

"pull that thing in here - it's not running good enough to scatter sh*& with a hay rake...."   E.K.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2005, 02:38:09 PM »

What's #1 on your Santa  List this year?  I know mine is a digital camera so I can post pictures on FLHRSEI.ORG.  Har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder

Yeah, 'er 'uh, spyder,
  Now that I have been exposed by some of our hi-tech members, (who sometimes also pose as A$$holes), as having an antiquated picture taker, please advise as to what kind you are asking for, from Santa.  Guess I need to ante up and send Santa some coins.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 04:31:18 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, spyder,
  Now that I have been exposed by some of our hi-tech members, (who sometimes also pose as A$$holes), as having an antiquated picture taker, please advise as to what kind you are asking for, from Santa.  Guess I need to ante up and send Santa some coins.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
Hub, I'm getting a Olympus.  Mainlly because my film point and shoot has been a Olympus and it's been bullet proof, PLUS the model I'm getting has the waterproof gaskets and metal case (you know me, I'm into tough gear).  Nite-Al has been using a Olympus for a year or two and has been real satisfied w/ it.  Price is competitive.  Not sure what model Al has, but mine is the Stylus 800 model.  I'll let you know if it's worth a chit pretty soon, 'cause the Fed Ex dude just dropped it off.  [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif] Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 04:58:41 PM »

. . . . the Fed Ex dude just dropped it off.  [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif] Har!  spyder

[smiley=worthless.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2005, 05:44:13 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]
Hey Brian, that's what the heck I got this dang thing for.........but, 1st I've gotta figger this high tech stuff out/read a manual/charge a battery/ and what kinda pic do you want anyway?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 05:51:22 PM »

TwoLane, what instruments or other functioning items are 'blocked' by the mount/gps?  I can't tell from the picture angle just where this unit is mounted on the bar.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  spyder

Spyder, the position where I find the little bugger most comfortable nothing is blocked.  It's at a height that it's just a glance to the left so see its displays.  In fact when it's on the bike after an hour or so you get used to usng it for speed display rather than the speedometer.  But it's an easy sweep above all the upper instruments including the GPS.  Left mirror is not obstructed at all either.  It just "fits" in there real well.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 05:57:58 PM »

Hey Brian, that's what the heck I got this dang thing for.........but, 1st I've gotta figger this high tech stuff out/read a manual/charge a battery/ and what kinda pic do you want anyway?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Har!  spyder

What kind of pics?  Who cares, we're not "pic"ky!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  You said you wanted a camera to be able post photos here, so let 'er rip!  Some of the "spyder-psychle" would be cool for starters just to get you warmed up! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 06:09:24 PM »

103.......will do!  May have to PM somebody to figure all this stuff out.  But, it can't be too difficult if Hubbard has figured out how to post 'em, huh? I just know I can't compete w/ 2Lane for tech article pics and Jock for.......well, you know.  [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif] HAR!  spyder

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2005, 06:19:17 PM »

CUSE-TX, welcome to the board... Congrats on the 06.

Are you going to make either of the Toy Runs: the 10th from Austin HD or the 11th from Central TX? I'll be making both with a few buddies.

Always looking to put a face with a name.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Actually, I wasn't aware of either of them.  Since I am still wating on my SEUC, I haven't joined HOG.  If they are closed HOG events, I probably won't crash the party, but if they are open, I may be able to get to one or both!

Are there any details on either  (when/where/who/what to bring)?

Thanks!
Wayne
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2005, 07:16:54 PM »

103.......will do!  May have to PM somebody to figure all this stuff out.  But, it can't be too difficult if Hubbard has figured out how to post 'em, huh? I just know I can't compete w/ 2Lane for tech article pics and Jock for.......well, you know.  [smiley=2vrolijk_21.gif] HAR!  spyder

Just remember, first picture with a new camera is always the inside of the lens cap  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2005, 04:27:14 PM »

Just remember, first picture with a new camera is always the inside of the lens cap  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
  If you've come down off that acid, [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] what is the best digital camera I can buy, that will be compatible with a H/P 8050 Photo-Smart printer?  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2005, 04:40:40 PM »

Hub,
With the various "bridge" applications bundled with the cameras anymore, and with the direct connect capability of memory cartridges from cameras in to card readers, the compatibility question between computers/printers and cameras isn't that much of a question anymore.  At least so long as the computer is of relatively recent vintage.

Once you're comfortable with the connectivity of the two then it just becomes a normal purchase choice.  What knid of budget do you wish to allow versus what kind of capability you'd like to have.

If you're willing to make the camera budget a little bigger and play with film cameras as well than a digital SLR becomes an option.  I've got what is now a slightly older Canon 10D for digitial and a 7NE for film.  The lenses are interchangeable as is (pretty much) the learning curves between the cameras.  But there's stuff newer and fancier too; and not necessarily more expensive.

That camera Spyder got is actually pretty slick bang for the buck and should take great photos.  It's also "smart enough" that you should be able to expect really good pictures from it in most environments while being able to use it pretty much like a point and shoot if you want to.  There are so darned many options out there, however, that suggesting any one as "best" is just impossible anymore.  Some are better in one area while not measuring up as well in others.  If you're thinking about something near term but just aren't comfortable wading through the options then drop me back a PM after you've thought through the following:

Most pictures shot indoors or outdoors?
People or things?
Interested in low light work?
How much horsepower is in the computer that it will work with?
What kind of budget your willing to spend on a camera?

With that information in hand it can be narrowed down significantly.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2006, 10:51:35 AM »

Ok, here's the mount hardware I use on the 2620.  Should be good for the 26XX and 27XX series Garmin units.  Looked at several before getting these pieces and talked to an engineer and a tech at both RAM mount and Garmin.  Both were comfortable that the fancier (and considerably more expensive) rubber isolated mount system often recommended for the hard drive based Garmin units was unnecessary for a rubber mounted bike.  For a snow mobile or a rigid, yes.  For our bikes not a big deal.  Several long trips with anything from 12 hour days with the GPS unit continuously running or trips over really rough roads have proved it to be an safe mount system (at least so far).  I've also got some software that I can use to check the hard drive in the Garmin unit for surface errors.  Have plugged it in to my computer and checked it a couple of times.  After a fair bit of weather and rough road abuse it still reports 100% error free.  So the mount in conjunction with our rubber mounted engines really seems to work ok.

There is also a clamshell type cradle unit to attach to the GPS unit itself that is far more common than the one selected below.  The GPS unit just snaps inside of it and it's like $10 cheaper.  I watched a 2610 come loose from one of those in a bass boat once.  So for a few bucks more this one actually locks down on the GPS unit and has a locking screw you tighten up to make sure the lock stays locked.  It also comes with a little keyring torx tool to carry with you to release the screw should you ever need to.  Seemed well worth the small difference and it works great in practice.  

The following two links from GPS city show everything one might need for a simple, easy and effective motorcycle installation.  With these parts you've got u-bolts for either standard OD handlebars or larger ones like the Wild1 bars.  The only thing I did to alter the stock pieces at all is put a couple of thicknesses of heat shrink tube on the u-bolt to avoid any metal to metal contact anywhere against the handlebar.  I only put the u-bolt mount on the bike when I'm going on a trip that I'll use the GPS for.  Rest of time I take the U-bolt based mount off (2 minutes with a 7/16" deep socket).  After several on and offs and lots of hours on the handlebar there's not a mark on the bar.

http://www.gpscity.com/item-garmin-streetpilot-26xx-motorcycle-cradle-and-cable/sp26cradlepow.htm

http://www.gpscity.com/shipswith-npi-large-steel-rail-base-with-round-plate/ramb101-231l.htm

The first link up there includes the motorcycle cradle and a power cord that you could use either for a hard wired install or a removeable install.  I personally don't use the audio component of the cable; but it's there if you want it.  I cut it to length to reach from the GPS unit to the cig lighter plug and put a connector on it for the lighter plug.  So the whole thing (minus the u-bolt mount) comes on or off the bike in 90 seconds without any wires draping in front of you or permanently tied to bars coming from a hardwired mount inside the fairing.  

A really good and easy to use plug end if you choose to do it this way comes from radio shack.  It's fused right in the plug housing itself.  The fuse is easily serviceable.  It's got a boot to make it good in wet weather.  It's got a little pilot light so you know if the connection is good or the fuse has blown.  And it connects to the wires you'll take to it with spring loaded clamps so it is super easy to make the connection (but it still holds tight and works great).  That they are cheap is just icing on the cake.

I use this plug for any cord I make up to go to a lighter connection or anytime one needs replaced.  Radio Shack's links don't always stay static.  If the link is busted later the part number at Radio Shack is 270-1509.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062263&cp

Thanks my friend for the info....a quick question: THE HOLES IN THE ROUND BASE FITS THE 4 HOLES IN THE CRADDLE FOR THE SCREWS?....This is my only concer........ [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2006, 08:40:20 AM »

Hub, like Twolane says, it depends a lot on what you want to do, and if you think you'll ever want to make large prints.  Anything up to 8x10 will be fine with a 3 or 4 megapixel camera...if you want larger photos, you'll need to go with a 5 or more meg.  I'm a photographer of sorts (I've sold a few things), so can tell you more than you want to know on this subject. I've got the big film camera (Nikon F5), and a backpack full of lenses and chit to go with it, plus tripods, etc.  BUT...last year I purchased my first digital simply because the SLR is too friggin' bulky to be carrying around all the time.  I bought a Sony W-7 (7 megapixels...they make it in 5 too).  I can do a 13x19 print with this camera...no problem.  It's about the size of a pack of 100 length cigarettes...just a little thicker.  There's a lot of good digitals out there and as long as you stay with some of the "names"....Nikon, Cannon, Sony, Olympus, Fuji....you can't go wrong.  Only when you start wanting to do things out of the norm do you have to worry about high end features...by that, I mean low light shots, extreme close ups, shots that are going to require lots of flash ability (most of the "pocket" cameras won't do much good flashing past about 8-10 feet).  I'm sure one of us will help you spend some of that hard earned coin on a camera, that will do what you need it to do.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.