Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Most miles ridden in day?  (Read 9998 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: Most miles ridden in day?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 08:46:35 PM »

1675 miles in 23h 53m..13 fuel stops, then stopped for 4 hours of sleep

finished with 2176 miles in 36h 27m

Sturgis to Kitty Hawk...that was my dumb ass award :2vrolijk_21:

:drink: Here's to you Hogasm, I'm not sure what I like better your endurance or your avatar :huepfenlol2:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 08:48:15 PM »

I've done one 1000 mile day, documented, and I think it was ~17.5 hours.  I also have done an un-documented back to back 1000 mile days in ~42 hours with 6 hrs sleep in the middle.

It's no problem on these bikes.  Ernie Z, on a new bike?!?  I don't know if Icould have done it!   :bananarock:
Big Lew
IBA #595

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:51 PM »

I've done Chicago straight thru to Deadwood several times....  just under 1000 miles...

You guys are tough!

My bike makes it to the ice cream shop!

And that's good enough for me!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »

You guys are tough!

My bike makes it to the ice cream shop!

And that's good enough for me!

SBB

OK Chip I'll have two scoops of rocky road!!!!!

1000 plus mile trips are pretty normal if I am on the road and want to get there! Which is all of the time. I usually run in the 80 to 90 mph range as long as the traffic will let me, and I am not in the GREAT STATE of VIRGINIA! They don't seem to have professional courtesy.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »

OK Chip I'll have two scoops of rocky road!!!!!

1000 plus mile trips are pretty normal if I am on the road and want to get there! Which is all of the time. I usually run in the 80 to 90 mph range as long as the traffic will let me, and I am not in the GREAT STATE of VIRGINIA! They don't seem to have professional courtesy.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
I'll have to say when passing thru MD yesterday (about 10/15 over posted speed limit) the MD Trooper w/his instant on radar let us thru. I did wave at him as we went by. :)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »

I can't do it in a four wheeled vehicle, either.  Can't tell you why it's easier on a bike. :nixweiss:

Because falling asleep on a bike is most of the time far worse?

Lots more stimulation on a bike (environment)
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »

Not claiming to have done it, but one of the tougher Iron Butt certificates is 10,000 miles in 10 days.  I know a guy who has done that.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »

That explains it... I believe it was the berry flavor I had.

Shhhhhh... don't want everyone to know this... might ruin my reputation. ;) :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Room tempreture or hot (it's been 100+ here for seven days) they taste even worse......keep them in the ice chest in the tour pack. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2009, 10:55:26 PM »

Room tempreture or hot (it's been 100+ here for seven days) they taste even worse......keep them in the ice chest in the tour pack. :2vrolijk_21:
Oh I was really screwed then... I had it in the pouch of the KTP for a couple days before the ride home. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Sean M Cary

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 08:18:18 AM »

That's similar to what Chip and I did coming from MA (we left at 0530). Only stopped to get gas, bathroom, snack, and stretch legs. I did try for the first time one of those 5 hour energy drinks and didn't get tired. Since this was my first time trying it I had a breakfast bar with it because my stomach was empty and don't know if it was the combination of just the way the energy drank was, but I shared w/Chip that it almost tasted/reminded me of liqour. :nixweiss: Irregardless of the taste it did the job. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

drink it all the time lately...found out not to do it on an empty stomach (me at least)

I've been getting it at Sam's lately - they have like a 12 bottle box that knocks it down to like a buck a bottle or so

wish they had this stuff when I was at Officer Candidate School or The Basic School - many late nights this would have helped immensely with

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »

Just did an Iron Butt a couple of weeks ago. 1022 miles. Left at 3:30 AM and got home at 8:30PM----17hrs.  Stopped for gas every 150 miles or so.  You get in the groove and it's not so bad.  But I don't need to do it again!!  Crossed it off by bucket list.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »

Not claiming to have done it, but one of the tougher Iron Butt certificates is 10,000 miles in 10 days.  I know a guy who has done that.

Yea Smuuth....but try explaining that to somebody who doesn't ride.  Kind of like  :wall:  Those of us who ride and ride often totally get it. :2vrolijk_21:

Somebody was having a phone conversation at Mt. Hood.....explaining that these people have rain suits for the rain and cool vests for when it's over 100F (good thing she didn't tell him that Andy had his portable mister with him).  He told her that stuff is for wooses.  I'm betting he hasn't rode 12,000 miles in the past six months.  She went on to tell him.....these people out here don't trailer to events.....not one trailer in the parking lot.....they ride regardless of what the weather is. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »

Yea Smuuth....but try explaining that to somebody who doesn't ride.  Kind of like  :wall:  Those of us who ride and ride often totally get it. :2vrolijk_21:

Somebody was having a phone conversation at Mt. Hood.....explaining that these people have rain suits for the rain and cool vests for when it's over 100F (good thing she didn't tell him that Andy had his portable mister with him).  He told her that stuff is for wooses.  I'm betting he hasn't rode 12,000 miles in the past six months.  She went on to tell him.....these people out here don't trailer to events.....not one trailer in the parking lot.....they ride regardless of what the weather is. :2vrolijk_21:

Amen.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

chicagobulldog

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 08:44:10 PM »

1050 and the first 8 hours in a heavy rain. Rain stopped about 3:30AM, sun came up at 6:00AM and it was smooth sailing from there. Total time was abour 24 hours. Minneapolis to East Texas.

Harleydude001

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »

2007 rode from Fresno to Bellingham, WA took us 23 hours and 30 minutes, two of the guys on the trip were on Dyna's and they hated it after about 12 hours in the saddle. 1084 miles, done in the summer and pretty hot, almost passed out from the heat.

We recently rode through Mojave and Death Vally temps around 115 and was like sitting in front of Hair dryer blowing full force at you.  We bought hydration vests from Silver Eagle Outfitters at http://www.coolingapparel.com/shop/vests.htm
and what a world of difference.  Still felt the heat but was a heck of a lot easier to stay in the saddle.
Ride to Eat
and
Eat to Ride
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.