Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Most miles ridden in day?  (Read 10038 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Most miles ridden in day?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 02:12:59 PM »

I've rode 1,000 miles several times.....on my Ultra Classics and once on the SEEG.  Terrie and I have rode 800 miles days a couple of times.....me on the SEEG.....her on her Dyna once, going to Sturgis and just a month ago when we headed up to Canada, on her Street Glide.

It's not as difficult as you might think......leave at 5:00 a.m.  When you stop for fuel at 150 miles, you drink a little Gatorade, maybe eat an energy bar......oatmeal for breakfast (the breakfast recommended by the Iron Butt Riders Assoc.).  When you stop for gas around noon as you're filling up, she's inside getting the burger or whatever the fast food is (Wendy's, Carl Jr. etc. all have salad bars) so that the meal is ready as soon as you walk in the door.  In the late afternoon you may want to have a 5 Hour Energy with your dinner meal (I used to drink the Red Bull.....till the caffene started causing problems) to help you get over the hump.

By mid day you're already in a rythum and it's "just another 150 miles......just another 150 miles, etc." and those 150 miles start seeming closer and closer together.

I'd not suggest this kind of riding your first day out......it's a lot easier after two or three days of riding.  And it's certainly not sight seeing.......it's interstate freeway riding to get these kind of miles in.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 02:31:32 PM »

I've rode 1,000 miles several times.....on my Ultra Classics and once on the SEEG.  Terrie and I have rode 800 miles days a couple of times.....me on the SEEG.....her on her Dyna once, going to Sturgis and just a month ago when we headed up to Canada, on her Street Glide.

It's not as difficult as you might think......leave at 5:00 a.m.  When you stop for fuel at 150 miles, you drink a little Gatorade, maybe eat an energy bar......oatmeal for breakfast (the breakfast recommended by the Iron Butt Riders Assoc.).  When you stop for gas around noon as you're filling up, she's inside getting the burger or whatever the fast food is (Wendy's, Carl Jr. etc. all have salad bars) so that the meal is ready as soon as you walk in the door.  In the late afternoon you may want to have a 5 Hour Energy with your dinner meal (I used to drink the Red Bull.....till the caffene started causing problems) to help you get over the hump.

By mid day you're already in a rythum and it's "just another 150 miles......just another 150 miles, etc." and those 150 miles start seeming closer and closer together.

I'd not suggest this kind of riding your first day out......it's a lot easier after two or three days of riding.  And it's certainly not sight seeing.......it's interstate freeway riding to get these kind of miles in.
That's similar to what Chip and I did coming from MA (we left at 0530). Only stopped to get gas, bathroom, snack, and stretch legs. I did try for the first time one of those 5 hour energy drinks and didn't get tired. Since this was my first time trying it I had a breakfast bar with it because my stomach was empty and don't know if it was the combination of just the way the energy drank was, but I shared w/Chip that it almost tasted/reminded me of liqour. :nixweiss: Irregardless of the taste it did the job. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 02:39:15 PM »

That's similar to what Chip and I did coming from MA (we left at 0530). Only stopped to get gas, bathroom, snack, and stretch legs. I did try for the first time one of those 5 hour energy drinks and didn't get tired. Since this was my first time trying it I had a breakfast bar with it because my stomach was empty and don't know if it was the combination of just the way the energy drank was, but I shared w/Chip that it almost tasted/reminded me of liqour. :nixweiss: Irregardless of the taste it did the job. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: Taking it with something.......even a diet soda or gatorade, breakfast bar.....anything......it helps.  It tastes nasty.....but a mouth full of any vitamins (all the B vitamins in a mega dose) tastes nasty.  Now I'd be lieing if I didn't tell you that I like seeing the look on people's face the first time they drink one of those 5 hour energy. :huepfenlol2:   The orange doesn't seem to be quite as bad as the berry.

I get it on Amazon.com by the box, other wise it gets pretty pricey.  Costco has it, too.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.............and so you really do ride a motorcycle? :nixweiss:    I heard that was a myth.          :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: Taking it with something.......even a diet soda or gatorade, breakfast bar.....anything......it helps.  It tastes nasty.....but a mouth full of any vitamins (all the B vitamins in a mega dose) tastes nasty.  Now I'd be lieing if I didn't tell you that I like seeing the look on people's face the first time they drink one of those 5 hour energy. :huepfenlol2:   The orange doesn't seem to be quite as bad as the berry.

I get it on Amazon.com by the box, other wise it gets pretty pricey.  Costco has it, too.

Ohhhhhhhhhh.............and so you really do ride a motorcycle? :nixweiss:    I heard that was a myth.          :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
That explains it... I believe it was the berry flavor I had.

Shhhhhh... don't want everyone to know this... might ruin my reputation. ;) :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »

1000 miles not that hard  . Now 1000 miles in Big Al,s side car and you get Bragging rights-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »

I did 716 miles on my 2000 Screamin Eagle RoadGlide. It was from Sturgis South Dakota to Tomah Wisconsin. I left Sturgis at 6 A.M. and pulled into Tomah Wisconsin at 8 P.M., It took 14 hours including gas and food stops.

DB07

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »

906.5 miles.  cadillac Mi  to Clermont Georgia. in 15 Hrs. on my 07 FXDSE.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »

I once rode 305 miles had lunch and visited with friends In Austin Texas and then rode back another 305 miles home to DeRidder La.  This was on my 2001 Roadking. I never have tried to see how far I could go in one day.
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

Dash Riprock

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 SERG Black & Charcoal (sold) Regular ol' Ultra Classic (Sold) 2003 FLSTSI Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »

740 miles...Milwaukee 105th celebration to Germantown, TN (Memphis). Left at 7:00 am...arrived in my driveway at 8:04 pm. 2001 SERG.

charlie

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »

My wife and I went from GA. to PENN. in 12.5 hours and it was 780 miles, that was our longest in one day. O' on a 2006 ultra CVO.

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 06:27:07 PM »

961 miles on a 2003 Ultra Classic, including about 120m in the rain.  Left Rapid City at 5:30a and pulled in the driveway in Des Plaines, IL at 11:05p.  80-85 all the way.  Got up the next morning and rode to Lake Geneva and back (another 105m).  I was 58 at the time...I'd do it again in a minute!!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 06:39:01 PM »

I've done Chicago straight thru to Deadwood several times....  just under 1000 miles...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

hogasm

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »

1675 miles in 23h 53m..13 fuel stops, then stopped for 4 hours of sleep

finished with 2176 miles in 36h 27m

Sturgis to Kitty Hawk...that was my dumb ass award :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 07:37:27 PM »

800-ish is a pretty comfortable day on either of the bikes here now.  But they fit me well and are set up well for that kind of thing.  Longest on either of them is about 1150 in a day.  Longest ever was about 1250 in a day.  Bragging rights go from years ago.  Much shorter day.  About 725 or so.  But on a hardtail.  That's when I was young enough to still think that pissing blood at the end of the day was somehow macho or cool though.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »

My hat's off to you guys-couldn't go that far in a vehicle with 4 wheels in a day.  Built cheap I guess.

I can't do it in a four wheeled vehicle, either.  Can't tell you why it's easier on a bike. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.406 seconds with 22 queries.