Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Fan powered oil cooler  (Read 21579 times)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Fan powered oil cooler
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »

cvobiker,

I looked up that fan part number and the fan is rated for 40.25 cfm which is plenty of air flow for a 60mm fan and would do fine as a CPU cooler. The problem is that fan is rated to do that at 24v not 12v so no it is wonder why they performed so poorly for you. If that is indeed the part number from koobs's kit they are the running at half voltage.

http://www.cooltron.com/uploads/Cross%20list%20-%

Mike,   Read my post....my pwr supply has a low amp 12 v source, the computer is a large tower with fan options all over the box. Ended up installing three six in fans. I'm not a cfm expert but can tell you the two inch fans don't even come close in comparasion to the bigger fans I used. I don't doubt they have plent of air flow, but they are intended for small space, such as electronic and or lab test equipment. Not a Hot Harley Engine...or a large computer tower box

MikeV
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:59:29 AM by cvobiker »

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »

The crap that i tried is Cool Tron 9204  FD6025B12W11-81 ---- daaaa... same part number on the back of your stuff... And im dead serious about trying to cool my computer with these... i didn't have any thing else to do with these $14 paper weights, so what the hell tried them on my computer... (yes my PS does have a 12V output  :2vrolijk_21:) and guess what  :o  they didn't cool down my hot dual core processer..  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:  Im sorry,, i'm sure these 2 inch square fans are good for something, but they sure are not intended to cool a Hot Harley or a Dual Core Processor.. I'm thinking they may be help cooling a low powered lab test equipment, but thats about it..  :2vrolijk_21:

First of, that is not the right part # as the fans in the kit are 12V not 24V. Second, you cant just buy 2 of the fans used in the kit. They are rated at IP55 and you can only buy them at a quantity of 200. They aren't built till you order them. So unless you bought the kit which you already said you didn't, or you have 198 fans laying around, you didn't use the same fan.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »

First of, that is not the right part # as the fans in the kit are 12V not 24V. Second, you cant just buy 2 of the fans used in the kit. They are rated at IP55 and you can only buy them at a quantity of 200. They aren't built till you order them. So unless you bought the kit which you already said you didn't, or you have 198 fans laying around, you didn't use the same fan.

spoken like the vendor of the product.

so i ask are you a representative of big sky?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 10:24:58 AM »

What I was referring to was the fan specs showing the fan was a 24v fan that moved a LOT of air. That's what did not make sense so I cross referenced the part number and found another data sheet that show the same part # and 2 different set of specs:

http://www.cooltron.com/uploads/Cross%20list%20-%20Cooltron%20vs%20Orion.pdf

FD6025B12W11-81 ★    40.20 CFM   6,600 RPM  47.00 dBA
FD6025B12W11-81    8.80  CFM   1,800 RPM  19.10 dBA

The only difference I found was the one marked with a "★"  had Auto Restart Protection (not sure exactly what that means).

So one is an anemic low RPM fan that does not move a lot of air and the other is a high RPM fan that is much noisier but moves more air. I have no idea why they use the same part # for 2 different fans.

I am not sure which one is used in the Koobs Sky kit but I am sure someone here on the forum has one that can share the actual part #'s.

BTW - you can buy 1-2 engineering samples of almost any manufactured product. I am sure I can get a couple of these fans with 1 phone call to the manufacturer.

MikeV

Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

StrokedRider

• If i had to do it all over again i would Ride a little harder, Love a little better and Stay a little longer.
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Ride Hard, Live Free!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red / Black Ice (SOLD to Mjcw01)
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »

"Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »

A lot of the threads just feel like they are; but this one really is about hot air.   Oy vey.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »

well since koobs has yet to answer the question.....
if he is not bigsky then he's doing them a major disservice by being here acting like he is. maybe we should contact bigsky and tell them someone is here ruining their name?

and if he is bigsky then he's violating the rules of this forum.

guess its no wonder he wont answer the question
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:35:58 PM by Fired00d »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »

Not to start anything or get off topic BUT,
Since you keep your bike in the basement and no more than you ride it,

I'd let my motor melt down like a nuclear explosion

Then you would probably burn your own house down in the explosion.
Then we would hear Mrs. d00d say like thousands of us on the site have said,

It's d00d's fault!

:huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

just sayin, , , ,

SBB
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:38:21 PM by Fired00d »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »

How was the installation?  do you have a t-stat or did you use a switch?
Install was pretty straightforward. Had to remove the oil cooler. No thermo, comes ready to plug into aux switch. Thermo would be nice, but only time I turn mine on is in slow moving/sitting traffic. Lowered mine better than 20 deg, if you can believe guage. BTW.....my temp sender comes right off the cooler output?????
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 11:17:23 AM »

It is a shame because regardless of whether or not it is a good product the shill method employed here is such a put-off I will drop this company from consideration. It speaks volumes about the honesty integrity of the business and it's owners.

I still need an oil cooler for my CVO Softail Convertible. I think the H-D oil cooler is the one I am leaning to but I really want a fan solution preferably with a thermostat (for the fans, not the cooler). Any suggestions?

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »

My name is Milan and I'm the owner of Big Sky Fan. And yes I violated the forum rules. I started making these kits couple of years ago when I overheated in Sturgis. Over the last 2 years I have upgraded to better fans and now are using ones that put out 48CFM and spin at a the rate of 8000 RPM. But because of the cost of the fans, E-Bay fees, Pay-Pal fees, shipping costs there is unfortunately nothing left for advertising, so yes I violated the rules here. I'm a one man shop and hopefully one day I can afford to advertise my kit. Till then word of mouth will have to do. So Moderators if you feel you need to ban me I understand.
I sincerely apologise for breaking the rules.
Milan

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:03 PM »

Milan,

forgoing the previous posts for a moment. if you would like to participate here and promote your product we only ask you offer a 10% discount to the members.

as you have noticed we dont have any advertising here. if you make no sales then that 10% offer costs you nothing. if you did sell to a member here you wouldnt need to pay an ebay fee.

your choice to stay or go just gotta play by the rules

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »

Check out www.ultracoolfl.com. I had a HD Super Premium oil cooler on my Stage 1 103 and in traffic during Daytona Bikeweek the oil still got to 300 degrees. I use Mobil 1 V Twin 20w50 as well. The Ultra Cooler lowered oil temps in traffic to where it rarely goes above 250 degrees. www.ultracoolfl.com.

I have the UltraCool on mine also, works well and I had a serious overheating issue before installing it, now, like you, my oil temps rarely (if ever) get over 250, norm is around 235.  I had a small problem with it leaking but they were quick to send a new unit to replace it once I told them about it.

Big Sky Fan

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 06:30:08 PM »

Milan,

forgoing the previous posts for a moment. if you would like to participate here and promote your product we only ask you offer a 10% discount to the members.

as you have noticed we dont have any advertising here. if you make no sales then that 10% offer costs you nothing. if you did sell to a member here you wouldnt need to pay an ebay fee.

your choice to stay or go just gotta play by the rules

I dint realize you dont have advertising fees. My mistake. I only did what I did because I cant afford the high fees most forums require. I will read the rules and make sure I do things right in the future. I will be glad to offer a 10% discount to anyone on this forum. In fact in order to redeem myself for violating the rules I will offer a 15% discount, where I basically break even on the kit, for the next 30 days. I really appreciate the second chance to participate.
Thank You Milan

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 09:26:43 AM »

The part number and the fans I have is identical to the part number you sell, IP55 and all.  And where did you get 24V,, my discussions talks 12v. Don't know who your vender is, but there are several posts on other forums pointing where to to buy these. Never the less Millan, these fans do not serve purpose of cooling a hot Harley engine... PERIOD....I stand behind that, because I tried it. This is a free society, you can sell what you want (for the most part) and people can buy what they want.. And i can say what i want, therefore I'm here to tell members of this forum, i tried this set setup and it simply did not do a thing to cool my hot Harley engine in heavy traffic. If the members here want to take my advice and save $75? fine, if not its their choice. Now I'm done with this fan issue, I've got other things in the pot and much bigger things to try....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 21 queries.