Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley museum trip  (Read 465 times)

Richyunker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE
Harley museum trip
« on: March 17, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »

Took the family on a day trip to the museum today, We arrived at 10 when they opened, no stress and probably 60 people were there. The museum went from the very old and guided thru to early 2000 ish, at the end it had a few 2013's along with about 8 others that everyone could crawl over and touch.

One display I was intrigued over is a softail that was in a box truck in Japan during the tsunami, and ended up on the beach in British Columbia, just plain totaled from all the salt water etc... Owner is Japanese, lost some family in the tsunami and offered the bike to be displayed at the museum, Harley is said to have offered a restoration, but the owner declined and said have it be a remembrance of the tsunami.

Others were some movie bikes, Captain America bike, Easy rider movie chopper along with all of the old war bikes.

All in all was a good day, restaurant on site was ok, Booyah stew was the winner with my family. Gift shop was not very impressive.

Rich

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: Harley museum trip
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »

I was there last year and plan on going again this year on my way to Sturgis. Got a free 1 year membership from buying some Christmas gifts.  :bananarock:

The one thing I do want to see is the tsunami bike. :2vrolijk_21:

funbiker1967

• Semper Fi
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra
Re: Harley museum trip
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:36:07 AM »

I would love to see it but......time!
Just remember worse things have happened to better people....

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.