Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Insurance Quotes in Ontario, Canada.  (Read 10663 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Insurance Quotes in Ontario, Canada.
« on: March 24, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »

Here in Ontario one of the major motorcycle insurance companies, Jevco was bought out by another one called Intact. I received my renewal for this year and I almost fell over. My rate went up $508.00 and $300.00 last year. So I started searching for a new company and here are some of the quotes I have received so far.

For the record. I am 47 years old. Have had my Motorcycle licence since 1986 and got my drivers licence on the same day I turned 16. At 19 I got my Class CMZ which allows me to drive buses and under. This was a 2 week defensive driving course which includes the brake endorsement. No ticket...nada.... in over 29 years and never had an accident. Never put in a claim for anything ether. I have been with ALLSTATE for my auto since 16.....yes 31 years same insurance. In 1991 added my home when I bought it. Still with them. About 15 years ago I wanted to bundle and they told me they do not insure motorcycles. That's why I was with Jevco.

So I called my Allstate agent last week. I gave him my information for the CVO and he said he would get back to me. 2 days later he called and told me I was best to look else where. :o. After 31 years he still does not want to touch a bike.

Called another Allstate agent. I did not tell them I was a current customer. 2 hours later I received a quote for $1 644.00 and I could get more off if I bundle. :confused5:

My current broker, John R. Duffy who I have been with for 15 years and raised my rate 2 times in the last 2 years wanted........... $2 300.00.Losers. Don't bother.

Riders Plus Insurance, Ronn Calderon wants $1 900.00. If I gave him my information he would take another 80 bucks off. For $1 820.00. Ya right.

Goodison Insurance wanted $1840.00.

JDS Insurance wanted $1 896.00.

Dalton Timmis wanted $ 1 722.00

Some no name with just a phone number on line wanted $1 375.00 and another for $ 1422.00

TD Bank gave me 3 different prices with different coverage. $1 116.00 , $1 509.00 & $1 663.00.

And then I called Gary Megill at MANTHA.I seen him at the bike show last week and he gave me his card. I called him and he took my information. after 5 min he quoted me.......are you ready for this.........$996.00. I almost fell over and I quickly started asking myself......what's the catch. 1 Mil. & $1 000 detectable. Collision included and he said that if I got into a collision 100 KM away from home you get $2000.00 for hotel, ect. Not wanting to show him how excited I was I gave him my email and asked him to send me the quote so I can read it over. Well I got it on Thursday. After reading it over I noticed that it said....FLHTC......NOT FLHXSE. I emailed him back with the correction and asked if the price changes. He got back to me and asked for my VIN. I emailed it but with the last 2 digit's missing. I am worried once they do have that info I would get signed up to something I did not agree to.

So I am waiting for a response and will update later. Hopefully somebody benefits from this information starting with me....lol. Bottom line we are totally getting screwed here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Monday March 25th,2013.

Called Gary today to confirm since I did not hear from him since Thursday. He was very busy and just did not get to my email yet. Went over the information again. While he was in putting a little small talk. Then I made it clear all I wanted was bike insurance not the home or car. I have been with Allstate too long and my rates are very good. He could not believe how long I have been with Allstate and the rip off broker I have now. He admired my loyalty and wanted my business. So he gave me the discount as if I had a car and home with him. My new rate would now be....$855.00. :o. I almost fell over again.

So I then asked what he could do if I added another bike that I have. I only ride it a few times a year but what did I have to lose. Make a long story short. My 1986 Yamaha Maxim X would only cost $377.00. Multi bike discount on the CVO...............now $ 747.00. A total of $1 124.00 for the same 2 bikes that my broker wanted almost $3 000.00. What blows me away is just looking at these numbers how much difference there is...ish.

I told him that I would post his information on this site. He told me to please do it. Ask for CVO MANO and he will do what he can.

MANTHA INSURANCE BROKERS Ltd.

Gary Megill -  gary@manthainsurance.com

(613) 746-1450 EX 240 or 1-800-269-2728
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:31:50 PM by Mano »

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Insurance Quotes in Ontario, Canada.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »

Here in BC too. We have to get public liability from ICBC...right around a grand for 6 months.....and the rest from various independents...from $996 to $1117 for the full year.
There's a new guy nearby in Duncan....he's calling me back this week with a quote, I hope it's reasonable!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 05:08:58 PM »

Here in BC too. We have to get public liability from ICBC...right around a grand for 6 months.....and the rest from various independents...from $996 to $1117 for the full year.
There's a new guy nearby in Duncan....he's calling me back this week with a quote, I hope it's reasonable!

We have to pay for 12 months and pay the full year for are plate sticker/tag.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 05:10:53 PM »

We have to pay for 12 months and pay the full year for are plate sticker/tag.
If I did the full year...I'd be edging up on a total of Three F'n Grand!!!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:22:10 PM »

Thanks Mano,   I will definetly be doing my homework this coming June when my  policy is due for renewal.  I'm quite surprised that Riders Plus gave a quote that high... They usually only quote that high for "Crotch Rockets"  :nixweiss:  I thought they were trying to corner the market on Cruisers and that is why their prices have been so reasonable in the past couple of years. 
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »

If I did the full year...I'd be edging up on a total of Three F'n Grand!!!
OMG, thank God I live in the USA.  Id give up riding for those rates.  Guess we are spoiled ... Yea thats it 

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 03:06:30 AM »

Thanks Mano,   I will definetly be doing my homework this coming June when my  policy is due for renewal.  I'm quite surprised that Riders Plus gave a quote that high... They usually only quote that high for "Crotch Rockets"  :nixweiss:  I thought they were trying to corner the market on Cruisers and that is why their prices have been so reasonable in the past couple of years.  

Riders has always been on the high end for me with this bike... I had two other HDs with them before this one, a 2 year old Roadster that they only charged me about $250 and a brand new Dyna that I only paid $500 for... and that was full coverage on each!

I'm mid forty's also and have had my motorcycle licence for thirty years, I have defensive driving courses and two special bike ones... no tickets or claims either.

Another option may be to try companies that offer group rates based on your employment, that's what we do for all our other stuff, and the bike now too.

Our house and cars are with the HB Group Insurance line, their number is (905) 507-6156, you could try there... even if your company isn't associated, they may offer to sign you up.

As I explained in the other thread, the TD rate we get for the bike now is based on a group rate, in a couple of years I'm going to try Grey Power, they advertise that they only insure those over 50 and are supposed to have incredible rates, not sure if they do bikes though.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »

WoW! Talk about sticker shock. I pay $368 a yr for full coverage. I guess y'all are paying for that beautiful riding scenery.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »

WoW! Talk about sticker shock. I pay $368 a yr for full coverage. I guess y'all are paying for that beautiful riding scenery.
It is certainly not cheep ...  especially when you factor in that we are very lucky if we get about a 7 month riding season, buy still have to pay for a full year of insurance.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 07:11:11 AM »

Mamo,  I was with Grey Power for a couple of years right when I turned 50 and their rates were good, but at the time they didn't insure bikes,  I had heard recently that they have since started with bike insurance so I will give them a call as well.  They raised the rate a couple of times and then I found someone charging less, and went with them for my house and vehicles, but not a lot of the "main stream" insurance companies are very competitive when it comes to bike insurance,     

revolver

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »

here for me is 460 dollard , for road glide cvo 2013 but plate is 585 grrrr

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 07:19:42 AM »

Back in December I had a quote for 807 (1 mil Liab, 3500 deductible) from TD. I have all my insurance with them though (house, cottages, cars).

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »

Bumping this thread as I added new information to the first/start of this post.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »

That's great info, you really ought to put it in as a new reply so it doesn't get lost.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »

Here in Ontario one of the major motorcycle insurance companies, Jevco was bought out by another one called Intact. I received my renewal for this year and I almost fell over. My rate went up $508.00 and $300.00 last year. So I started searching for a new company and here are some of the quotes I have received so far.

For the record. I am 47 years old. Have had my Motorcycle licence since 1986 and got my drivers licence on the same day I turned 16. At 19 I got my Class CMZ which allows me to drive buses and under. This was a 2 week defensive driving course which includes the brake endorsement. No ticket...nada.... in over 29 years and never had an accident. Never put in a claim for anything ether. I have been with ALLSTATE for my auto since 16.....yes 31 years same insurance. In 1991 added my home when I bought it. Still with them. About 15 years ago I wanted to bundle and they told me they do not insure motorcycles. That's why I was with Jevco.

So I called my Allstate agent last week. I gave him my information for the CVO and he said he would get back to me. 2 days later he called and told me I was best to look else where. :o. After 31 years he still does not want to touch a bike.

Called another Allstate agent. I did not tell them I was a current customer. 2 hours later I received a quote for $1 644.00 and I could get more off if I bundle. :confused5:

My current broker, John R. Duffy who I have been with for 15 years and raised my rate 2 times in the last 2 years wanted........... $2 300.00.Losers. Don't bother.

Riders Plus Insurance, Ronn Calderon wants $1 900.00. If I gave him my information he would take another 80 bucks off. For $1 820.00. Ya right.

Goodison Insurance wanted $1840.00.

JDS Insurance wanted $1 896.00.

Dalton Timmis wanted $ 1 722.00

Some no name with just a phone number on line wanted $1 375.00 and another for $ 1422.00

TD Bank gave me 3 different prices with different coverage. $1 116.00 , $1 509.00 & $1 663.00.

And then I called Gary Megill at MANTHA.I seen him at the bike show last week and he gave me his card. I called him and he took my information. after 5 min he quoted me.......are you ready for this.........$996.00. I almost fell over and I quickly started asking myself......what's the catch. 1 Mil. & $1 000 detectable. Collision included and he said that if I got into a collision 100 KM away from home you get $2000.00 for hotel, ect. Not wanting to show him how excited I was I gave him my email and asked him to send me the quote so I can read it over. Well I got it on Thursday. After reading it over I noticed that it said....FLHTC......NOT FLHXSE. I emailed him back with the correction and asked if the price changes. He got back to me and asked for my VIN. I emailed it but with the last 2 digit's missing. I am worried once they do have that info I would get signed up to something I did not agree to.

So I am waiting for a response and will update later. Hopefully somebody benefits from this information starting with me....lol. Bottom line we are totally getting screwed here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Monday March 25th,2013.

Called Gary today to confirm since I did not hear from him since Thursday. He was very busy and just did not get to my email yet. Went over the information again. While he was in putting a little small talk. Then I made it clear all I wanted was bike insurance not the home or car. I have been with Allstate too long and my rates are very good. He could not believe how long I have been with Allstate and the rip off broker I have now. He admired my loyalty and wanted my business. So he gave me the discount as if I had a car and home with him. My new rate would now be....$855.00. :o. I almost fell over again.

So I then asked what he could do if I added another bike that I have. I only ride it a few times a year but what did I have to lose. Make a long story short. My 1986 Yamaha Maxim X would only cost $377.00. Multi bike discount on the CVO...............now $ 747.00. A total of $1 124.00 for the same 2 bikes that my broker wanted almost $3 000.00. What blows me away is just looking at these numbers how much difference there is...ish.

I told him that I would post his information on this site. He told me to please do it. Ask for CVO MANO and he will do what he can.

MANTHA INSURANCE BROKERS Ltd.

Gary Megill -  gary@manthainsurance.com

(613) 746-1450 EX 240 or 1-800-269-2728

I will be contacting Gary for sure  :2vrolijk_21:  He sounds like he is eager for our business.

Thanks Mano   
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.417 seconds with 21 queries.