Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: SERK Dyno Runs-Please post SERK Dyno Charts Here  (Read 60262 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: SERK Dyno Runs-Please post SERK Dyno Charts Here
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2007, 06:03:18 PM »

O8 SERK just dyno'd - only add-ons RHTD's, SERT, and SE AC

BartManSr

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »

HP 109.26    Torque 119.34

Upgrades:
SE 257 Cam Kit
Quick install pushrod kit
SE 50mm Throttle Body
SE Heavy Breather Air Cle
EFI Race Tuner Kit (replaced ThunderMax)
Dyno
Amsoil 20W50

Completed last Friday 11/02/2007

Fruitcake

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: My wifes bike 2004 FLSTC
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »

My SERK 600 miles on her at the time of the dyno. Add ons, Rush Slip ons Stock AC. Power Commander PC 111 and Dyno Mapped

91.36 HP Torque 112.17

That was back In August
Now November 4th and 3,500 miles later and I'm back to stock, removed the Rush Slip- ons and the power commander.

The reason for going back to stock?  Vibration, I think I have a bad crank AKA crank-run out .
She is going in the  shop next week for a check on the crank run -out I will keep you all posted.

It' is a dam shame She was just stating to get up and go 
We love Riding the hills of the North East Kingdom of VT, Northern NH and Western ME.

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2008, 01:23:12 PM »

Just got my bike Dyno'd with custom map..SERK 08, Race Tuner, SE stage 1, Rinehart TD.  Pipes sound awesome and it's got some get up and go. Max #'s were 91.8 HP, and max Torque 108.49 at rear wheel....seeing numbers all over the board here....just wondering were I stand...and anyone know what HP was at stock?? Thanks, Dean

skiindean

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »

...and here's my run. Dean

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2008, 01:45:44 PM »

Just got my bike Dyno'd with custom map..SERK 08, Race Tuner, SE stage 1, Rinehart TD.  Pipes sound awesome and it's got some get up and go. Max #'s were 91.8 HP, and max Torque 108.49 at rear wheel....seeing numbers all over the board here....just wondering were I stand...and anyone know what HP was at stock?? Thanks, Dean

Pretty typical curve for that setup with stock 255 cams. Looks like a good tune. Bike should pull OK to 4 grand. Good luck and enjoy it ski! :2vrolijk_21:

Stock numbers don't really matter HD only quotes TQ, and that's at the engine, not the rear wheel. I'm guessing about 70-75 HP at the rear wheel. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

This is the dyno ( 95.3 HP and 102.3 Torque) on m 2003 Road King SE with the 103 engine, Rhinehart True Duals exhaust, and SERT, I hace the 08 CUSE also with just 400 miles and would hope to dyno better numbers than you are getting. Why the 110 engine with all the heat problems if you cant get  a 100+ horespower or better?

Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »

Hey gang! For the record, here's the Dyno run for my upgraded '07A FLHRSE3TQ! 120HP and 126.2 ft-lbs TQ! Reworked heads and CR Custom 595 Cams by Cycle-rama, 62 mm HPI TB w/HPI A/C and 4.89 injectors, stock pistons and cylinders, D&D FatCAts w/Quiet Performance Muffler and PC III. Lots of bulletproof chit up there too. I'll save all that for the final overall build report. It was tuned by Joe Bramski of Joes Cycle Repair in Mechanicville, NY. He's a Tuning Master that I recommend highly! He tells me the bike rides phenomenally! It pulls at any RPM. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! I'll let you know how it feels! ;)

Hoist! 8)

A long time ago in a faraway place before things went awry, Howie the Happy Camper made this post. As I've read several other threads and watched different builds on 103's, I can't help but wonder why a 110 producing the numbers Howie quotes above didn't hold up. 126tq/120hp certainly should be a reliable build when one looks at all the 103's getting similar numbers that are runnin down the road just fine many thousands of miles later. Is the 110 truly a lemon engine ?  I mean, I know we all like to pick on Howie, but as I've read his posts since he came on the site, it's not exactly like the guy just up and bought his first H-D last year. He's been at this awhile and in spite of some back and forth on another thread that got a bit personal, I have to say that a guy of Howie's years and experience should not be having the issues he is with his 110. Since so many others have spoken up and complained about their 110's, I'm going to offer up this observation. H-D built the 110 as a bigger platform for their CVO line-up and due to increasingly restrictive emissions laws did not engineer the motor with performance mods in mind. This thought occurred to me when they went with the 110 vice the 113 which they already had most everything available for in their SE catalogue. Watching this motor underperform and more importantly not respond well to performance mods has conviced me I am right.

Just my $0.02

B B

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2008, 04:38:23 PM »

Since so many others have spoken up and complained about their 110's, I'm going to offer up this observation. H-D built the 110 as a bigger platform for their CVO line-up and due to increasingly restrictive emissions laws did not engineer the motor with performance mods in mind. This thought occurred to me when they went with the 110 vice the 113 which they already had most everything available for in their SE catalogue. Watching this motor underperform and more importantly not respond well to performance mods has conviced me I am right.

Just my $0.02

B B
Very well said.

I am one of the guys having 110 issues. Ive been riding for over 35 years. This my 8th motorcycle / 6th Harley. I have had little to no problems other than routine maintance or minor stuff like replacing a chain, something vibrating off.

When your riding your new scoot with only 3673 miles and you notice a head gasket leak your not happy. When your told the leak is actually because of a cylinder liner problem, your pissed. When they tell you it's a know problem and the only fix they offer is to use a new cylinder they can not assure you is any better than the mess up one, your frustrated and angry with no one you can truely hold accountable, yet!

I'm no engine builder. It does not make sense to me that a 110 can't run well but a 103 or 113 from the same company can. I still believe the MoCo will end up fixing the problem. I just refuse to wait for it. As I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to do it now myself, I am fixing it now. That is a personal decision.

All companies go through production problems. The ones that respond to the issues and fix them survive. I hope Harley will and does.

JW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »

Since you're using my quote, I'll address this as I see it.

First, the 110 is no more or less of a candidate for performance upgrades than the 96/103, on which it's based. Any performance work done with the stock HD bottom end is risky. HD's problems with the 110 are unique for other reasons. HD tested and developed this engine/trans/primary design as the 96" package. They knew that they can bolt on a 103" package too, just like their 88" converted to 95". Then they said "Oh chit! What do we do for the CVO's if everyone can build a 103 now? Let's just bore it out bigger, slap some SE heads on (don't have time to cast new heads, so just rivet the SE110 emblems on), bigger TB, and a quickly developed EPA set of cams, make it even leaner, and call it a CVO motor! That's JMO, but I can't be too far off. No testing. The 96" is tested. Why wouldn't just a little bigger bore work too.

The HD 113" is SE stuff, and not street legal. Couldn't be used on production bikes. And the 110 was soon found to have problems with just slapping bigger cylinders on it. If this had been long term tested, they would have known this was a problem. Again, JMO.

Now to address what happened to me. Since this info is scattered all over the place here, I'll try to summarize the sequence of events that happened to me. There seems to be a number of people that feel that my bike's always breaking and that I can't anyone I like to take care of it. So I'm setting the record straight how this whole thing went down with Cybil. It has little to do with the other thread, so don't worry, this isn't a bitch or fingerpointing post. Just a sequence to where I am today.

First I got the bike last Jan. I got a DPP w/S&S A/C assembly, V&H TD's w/S&S SPO mufflers, a PC and a tune. The bike ran OK, and I was gonna live with it, fully w.....tied! Well on a trip, after 6000 miles, the dreaded head gasket leak. I need to figure out how I would address that. Going back and forth to HD dealers to keep doing this, with no known fixes from HD, would be insanity IMO. We all know the definition of that. Going to a HD dealer for service is insanity to me as it is. Again, JMO.

So I found a dealer that agreed that HD had no known fix, and that if I buy the aftermarket parts, they'd do the job under w.....ty. They got new HD pistons cylinders and rings. And Harry recommended that I go to Cycle-rama for the headwork and cams, as they had designed this specifically for this engine. I called them and felt comfortable using their stuff. We added more heavy race quality stuff then too (Feuling OP and camplate, lifters, pushrods, etc.) This was assembled by the dealer, and the bike ran great. Had about 2000 miles on that when on the trip to HS, one of the ACR's shorted out, blew the ECM fuse, shut the bike down, and spit an ACR right out of the head, threads and all!

OK, tow back to the dealer to get fixed under w.....ty again. Went back to CR and got a set of 4" Axtell barrels and their designed CP pistons and new rings. Sent them the heads to weld the ACR holes closed and machine in manual CR's by the spark plug holes. Sent it all back to the dealer to reassemble. This time, it took so long to get the parts, that the dealer rushed the job (he was going on vacation for 3 weeks the next day) and didn't assemble the engine properly. Didn't torque one head and blew the head gasket after 800 miles more. Total mileage now 8800 miles

Howie flips, says FTF and FTW!!! This is where Vern enters the picture. Vern's a good friend for 15 years. HE'S THE ONLY ONE BEFORE THIS DEALER TO WORK ON ANY OF MY BIKES! Now you know why. I'm going to build an entire new engine from the bottom up! He got me new cases, S&S crank, Timken conversion, gear drive setup for the CR cams, and sent the entire top end back to CR. They were to check/clean up the heads. They were to determine if the pistons and cylinders were OK, and supply the gear drive cams to a similar spec as the chain drive they made me. They determined that the pistons should be replaced, and the cylinders setup to match. Now forget the CR issues, that's not the point here. Because that's where we are today. Issues aside, Vern now has all the parts to start finally building the bulletproof performance engine I'm after. So all this about not holding together and not getting anyone good to work on it is BS. One dealer tried 2 times. First another HD part went (ACR). Then the dealer screwed up the build. Now it's at a real engine builder, using real parts, and being assebled precisely to mfr's specs (blueprinting). I have no reason on the face of the earth to believe that my motor won't be what I'm expecting it to be.

So Brian, I think you're right in the sense that the stock HD 110 can't take performance mods. But no more so than the HD 96"/103" performance mods. You just won't probably leak. That's exlusive to the stock 110 parts. In this day and age, with how HD has tied up all their new parts with very strong patents, you have no alternative but to build a complete new motor with their cases, or buy Jims (who's in bed w/HD anyway). So I chose to build a new motor with the strongest racing quality chit I could find, and have a real engine guy put it together. He does his work meticulously by hand, and double and triple checks all measurements. This is the only reason we found some issues. But now we have the parts back. They're now acceptable to Vern to use in my motor, and we can finally get to the job of building it.

So it doesn't keep breaking. It leaked. Then broke. Then it wasn't put together right. Now it's getting bulit properly from scratch. That will ultimately be what it takes to build a strong, decent performing, reliable 110" engine. But not an HD one. So yes Brian, you're right. But I'd keep a close eye on that new 103 too! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:30:14 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »

Not to stir the pot, but rather as an observation - - - throughout motor engineering history, there have been underperformers and overperformers. Motors you could beat to death and they'd run and ones you could baby and they wouldn't.  A couple that come to mind  Chrysler 225 slant 6. In my opinion, the toughest motor ever built. Almost indestructible. On the other hand, the Cosworth Vega of the 70's. POS completely.  Again on the good side, the 426 Chrysler Hemi and 427 Chevy motors. Incredible motors. And again the bad, whatever Ford put in the Pinto. Chevy 290 straight 6. So tough they use em in lubstah boast in Maine. The Shelby Ford 426 AC Cobra motor and so on.

On the H-D side, Knuckleheads were slow but reliable, Panheads could be finicky. Shovelheads were tough but didn't like the heat. Evo's were/are marathon motors. We've had twin-cams since 1999. They started out at 88" and have grown to 110. H-D has offered an 88", a 95", a 103", a 96" and a 110 " That's 5 different sizes in a short 9 years. Warp speed by H-D standards and I think it has something to do with the issue. I don't know if the 110 will ever amount to anything.It might be like the CVO 95" that took a few years to get the kinks worked out. OR,  it could truly be the Vega Cosworth of H-D motors. Why ?  I have no idea. Answer why on some of the engines I've mentioned above if you will.

B B

PS
    LD's got over 8k trouble free miles on it since I pushed it from a 96" to a 103" It pumps out a respectable 108ftlbs and 103hp and as anyone who's ridden with me (talk to Q) I don't baby my bikes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:43:08 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »

Not to stir the pot, but rather as an observation - - - throughout motor engineering history, there have been underperformers and overperformers. Motors you could beat to death and they'd run and ones you could baby and they wouldn't.  A couple that come to mind  Chrysler 225 slant 6. In my opinion, the toughest motor ever built. Almost indestructible. On the other hand, the Cosworth Vega of the 70's. POS completely.  Again on the good side, the 426 Chrysler Hemi and 427 Chevy motors. Incredible motors. And again the bad, whatever Ford put in the Pinto. Chevy 290 straight 6. So tough they use em in lubstah boast in Maine. The Shelby Ford 426 AC Cobra motor and so on.

On the H-D side, Knuckleheads were slow but reliable, Panheads could be finicky. Shovelheads were tough but didn't like the heat. Evo's were/are marathon motors. We've had twin-cams since 1999. They started out at 88" and have grown to 110. H-D has offered an 88", a 95", a 103", a 96" and a 110 " That's 5 different sizes in a short 9 years. Warp speed by H-D standards and I think it has something to do with the issue. I don't know if the 110 will ever amount to anything.It might be like the CVO 95" that took a few years to get the kinks worked out. OR,  it could truly be the Vega Cosworth of H-D motors. Why ?  I have no idea. Answer why on some of the engines I've mentioned above if you will.

B B

Like I said, the 88/95 is not the 96/103/110. The 110 is a 96/103 that also leaks! ;)

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »

LD's got over 8k trouble free miles on it since I pushed it from a 96" to a 103" It pumps out a respectable 108ftlbs and 103hp and as anyone who's ridden with me (talk to Q) I don't baby my bikes.

RUT ROH

Brian's gonna be disappointed when he rides the SERG.
It's no LD in the power department.
But for a stock bike it's not bad!
Maybe the shiny inner fairing will keep his mind off the lack of power!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »

RUT ROH

Brian's gonna be disappointed when he rides the SERG.
It's no LD in the power department.
But for a stock bike it's not bad!
Maybe the shiny inner fairing will keep his mind off the lack of power!

:2vrolijk_21:

That "other" fuel makes it run decent though. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

freshkeg

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »

Here's a 2008 SERK with Bub 7 crossover pipes, SERT and a SE air cleaner.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 25 queries.