Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My First Leak!!  (Read 1313 times)

Air51

My First Leak!!
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:34:26 PM »

And it is the stupid Hydraulic Clutch cover.  I'm guessing either the gasket or screw...will have to check next time I clean it off.  It only happens after I go for a ride.  Oh well, it can't all be perfect I guess.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: My First Leak!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:39:50 PM »

Be very careful with the fluid... if it gets on a painted surface, you may be pretty unhappy :(

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »

Is it leaking around the bleeder screw? If so that has happened before (mine did it). The repair was a little Teflon tape around the threads of the bleeder screw and no more leaking.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Air51

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:05 AM »

Is it leaking around the bleeder screw? If so that has happened before (mine did it). The repair was a little Teflon tape around the threads of the bleeder screw and no more leaking.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

No it looks like its leaking at the front left corner at the gasket as you sit on bike.  Its a very very small leak.  It only happens after I ride a while then come back and park it.  Maybe only a drops worth.  The bike can sit in garage for 2 days and no leak but soon as I ride it does it so I guess the use of the clutch causes it.  I'm no mechanic by any means just letting ya know what I've observed.  I've checked all around it and it just that one area.

Air51

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:31:24 AM »

Update on my clutch leak.  Went to the HD Shop for my 5k mile check and they ordered a new cover and gasket.  Brought it in last Sat. for the new cover to be put on and it still leaked.  After closer examination we found a faulty in the metal working of the master cylinder reservoir causing the gasket to leak.  So now I gotta get a whole new bottom end as well.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.