Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Chubby 575s  (Read 2097 times)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
Chubby 575s
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »

Bike's in the shop for Wild 1 Chubby 575s. While there I'm having them do the recall. Haven't leaked any oil in 5,000 miles, but figured I'd go ahead and get it done while it was in the shop. Had to take the race tuner out to them today, so got to see it with the new bars. Nice. Supposed to get it on Wednesday. Will post pics of the new bars when I get it home.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Chubby 575s
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »

Let me know how you like them. Looking at the same for my bike, Trying to get rise and pullback 3 or 4 inches from position of stock bars. Did you need new wires or cables?
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:40:36 PM »

:worthless:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »

Kodiak - I'll let you know as soon as I pick it up, but since I told them to replace whatever cables necessary, I'm betting I got all new cables! Pixs will be posted as soon as I get it back.

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »

ad2, How do the new bars feel and look?
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:48:58 PM »

I think I'm going to like the bars. I would have already posted pictures, but I was frustrated when I got the bike home. Brought it home with 2 significant scrapes on the left neck cover (Shop said that when you "slam" the bars to the left to lock the forks it hits!!! I told them I have been "turning" the bars to the left to lock the forks for over a year and no scrapes.) "Needs gas" symbol won't turn off and the gas guage doesn't turn on.

So I take it back this week for them to replace the gas guage, touch up the paint and fix the needs gas symbol.

And, if all that wasn't enough - how about $600 labor to put the new bars on.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »

SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS TO SWAP BARS!?  What did they do, have someone hold the bars in the air while they bolted the rest of the bike to them piece by piece? 
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 08:31:23 PM »

Sounds like the shop got to ya. Which dealer did you take it to? Had my gauge replaced a couple of months ago and two weeks ago my air cleaner cover flew off going down the road at 80mph. Vibration caused it to crack where it bolts on. Dealer said they have replaced two others on 07 bikes. Something you might want to check. It missed the riders head who was following me by less than a foot.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »

And, if all that wasn't enough - how about $600 labor to put the new bars on.

You didn't get a quote first?

Having never done them before it took me about 4.5 hours. I would think a dealer should be able to do it in 4 hours then. This is with the added work of internal wiring.

Wow - $150 @ hour labor  :'(
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:41:30 AM »

You didn't get a quote first?

Having never done them before it took me about 4.5 hours. I would think a dealer should be able to do it in 4 hours then. This is with the added work of internal wiring.

Wow - $150 @ hour labor  :'(
Dealer here quoted 7-8 hrs with internal wiring at $70 per hour.  :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »

Dealer here quoted 7-8 hrs with internal wiring at $70 per hour.  :drink:

First time I did one on a SEEG pretty sure I wasted most of a Saturday between noon and 10:00 or so that night.  There were breaks and other chores going on so how much of that was bike time honestly have no clue.  After having done a few more have made the install in about 4.5 hours including putting tools away.  It really is a pain in the ass chore.  But I don't think it's $600 worth of a pain in the ass.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 12:33:34 PM »

First time I did one on a SEEG pretty sure I wasted most of a Saturday between noon and 10:00 or so that night.  There were breaks and other chores going on so how much of that was bike time honestly have no clue.  After having done a few more have made the install in about 4.5 hours including putting tools away.  It really is a pain in the ass chore.  But I don't think it's $600 worth of a pain in the ass.
Does the FBW account for the additional time??  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »

Does the FBW account for the additional time??  :nixweiss:

Not that much.  One more small plug to disassemble, reassemble and fish.  That's not three hours.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 05:03:01 PM »

Okay, got my bike back, everything seems to work and I like the bars. Way too expensive, but nice.

Ziploc

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 03:21:18 AM »

Congratulations ad2...  Great looking ride!!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.