Custom Vehicle Discussions > 2001 FXDWG2/2002 FXDWG3

Convert FXDWG3 to mid controls?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Twolanerider:
Do you anticipate the bike being used primarily around town / local riding or instead regularly knocking down three or four (or more) tank full days?  You'll get used to either position but your duration in the saddle might suggest one versus the other.

Buy early:
If comfort is the goal, I would suggest attacking the seat first. I’ve done several 500+ mile days on the stock seat and if you plan to do the same, a decent seat will be of great value. I got a Corbin Dual Tour. https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.420

The Corbin also moves you forward a few inches so the forward controls aren’t such a stretch.

jmillington:

--- Quote from: Buy early on September 26, 2017, 11:08:17 PM ---If comfort is the goal, I would suggest attacking the seat first. I’ve done several 500+ mile days on the stock seat and if you plan to do the same, a decent seat will be of great value. I got a Corbin Dual Tour. https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27725.420

The Corbin also moves you forward a few inches so the forward controls aren’t such a stretch.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip!  The Corbin Dual Tour looks like a good bet.

jmillington:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on September 26, 2017, 10:57:21 PM ---Do you anticipate the bike being used primarily around town / local riding or instead regularly knocking down three or four (or more) tank full days?  You'll get used to either position but your duration in the saddle might suggest one versus the other.

--- End quote ---

I anticipate using it primarily for local day trips up into the northern California Sierra foothills and round trip to the Lake Tahoe area.

I'm also thinking of just mounting mid foot pegs on it (not full controls), to give riding a try in both positions before making any drastic decisions.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: jmillington on September 27, 2017, 12:21:22 AM ---I anticipate using it primarily for local day trips up into the northern California Sierra foothills and round trip to the Lake Tahoe area.

I'm also thinking of just mounting mid foot pegs on it (not full controls), to give riding a try in both positions before making any drastic decisions.

--- End quote ---

The latter is a really good idea.  Mark nailed the obvious though when he mentioned the saddle previously.  IF you are considering a saddle change do that before you do anything else.  Windshield change, handlebar changes and foot control changes all should come after a saddle change because they are all relative to where you plant your butt on the bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version