Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A State of Indecision  (Read 3141 times)

BG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Slate w/ Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLSTN Softail Deluxe Vivid Black with a crap load of Chrome (wifes)
    • CVO3: I can only hope....
A State of Indecision
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:49:18 AM »

For the first time in a while I am at a loss to do in my current situation.  Let me first say that I absolutely love my 05 FLSTFSE and enjoy it everytime I ride.  My wife and I have two kids(two years old boy and two month old girl) and don't get to ride as much as we use to.  We have two bikes at the moment (the other being at 08 Deluxe) but need to get down to one bike due to financial reasons as well as the fact that we no long get to ride a much.  I currently have the Deluxe for sale but don't know what to do with the fatboy.  I have run across a deal on a 05 road king custom that I think would be better suited for us, but the fatboy is just so damn fun to ride.  I know on longer rides the road king will be a lot better and having the bags would help be tremedously since I use my bikes a daily commuters (hey I work at the Ocoee in TN and it is some of the most beautiful riding country).  Maybe some of you that have had or do have a road king can help me out a little here with some advice.  Should I get the road king and ditch the fatboy or keep the fatboy?  Any opinion (or critisism) would greatly be appreciated.
-BG
No trees were harmed during the posting of this topic, but some electrons were greatly disturbed.

What's that you say?!?!  Let me put on my glasses....I can't hear so good without my glasses!!

eagle.b

Re: A State of Indecision
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:49 AM »

BG,

Do what's best financially for you and your family and I'm sure one day you will be able to buy the bikes of your dreams again.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »

For the first time in a while I am at a loss to do in my current situation.  Let me first say that I absolutely love my 05 FLSTFSE and enjoy it everytime I ride.  My wife and I have two kids(two years old boy and two month old girl) and don't get to ride as much as we use to.  We have two bikes at the moment (the other being at 08 Deluxe) but need to get down to one bike due to financial reasons as well as the fact that we no long get to ride a much.  I currently have the Deluxe for sale but don't know what to do with the fatboy.  I have run across a deal on a 05 road king custom that I think would be better suited for us, but the fatboy is just so damn fun to ride.  I know on longer rides the road king will be a lot better and having the bags would help be tremedously since I use my bikes a daily commuters (hey I work at the Ocoee in TN and it is some of the most beautiful riding country).  Maybe some of you that have had or do have a road king can help me out a little here with some advice.  Should I get the road king and ditch the fatboy or keep the fatboy?  Any opinion (or critisism) would greatly be appreciated.
-BG

Personal opinion...the Road King is more comfortable and more versatile.  I think you'd like it!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »

It would be a tough decision to go from a 103 engine back to an 88 but the touring bike will be more comfortable than your softail. And the bags... Well, if your wife rides with you a good bit, she'll never want a bike without them again.

BG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Slate w/ Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLSTN Softail Deluxe Vivid Black with a crap load of Chrome (wifes)
    • CVO3: I can only hope....
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »

It would be a tough decision to go from a 103 engine back to an 88 but the touring bike will be more comfortable than your softail. And the bags... Well, if your wife rides with you a good bit, she'll never want a bike without them again.

That is one of my hangups about getting the road king because I will surely miss the getty up of the 103.
No trees were harmed during the posting of this topic, but some electrons were greatly disturbed.

What's that you say?!?!  Let me put on my glasses....I can't hear so good without my glasses!!

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 08:56:58 AM »

I test rode a 2010 Ultra and it was a dog. I wouldn't get rid of my 2005 SE fatboy anyway's but would have to hold out for a 110 and still need to tweak it for fun  :-X. Obvioulsy you have to do what your gut (and wife) tell you to do. Hope it all works out.

ps. rode mine (SE fatboy) 6500 miles to California in may/june with wifey on the back and we had a BLAST

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.