Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Windshield detachable?  (Read 7574 times)

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
Re: Windshield detachable?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 11:55:02 PM »

I used the nostalgic windshield 57140-05, I hate the look of the windshield so I probably wont get a short one but for long rides I like the looks of this one better than 58278-95. As far as wiring I added two new circuits in my fuse box, one for the led lights and one for the aux lights. I didnt like the idea of having the aux lights on the low beam circuit. for one they stay on with the high beams and if I loose a fuse on the headlights I have aux lights and vice-versa.

Reo i hooked my aux  lights up to the extra lead  on the headlight wiring  and the aux lights shut off  when i turn on the high beam, but i do agree with you  about hooking  them up on a separate circuit. also  i checked about the low profile smoked windshield and got some negative info on it .the guy i talked to said  the wind blew his helmet around too much and he wanted a kingsize instead . but i think im goin to get one and find out  for myself. [smiley=cool2.gif]
~late~ Cann

nhFLSTFSE

• It's time to ride
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2005, 08:24:49 AM »

Reo
Did you use a docking kit for windshield or did aux lite kit have all the hardware to mount both?

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 11:02:24 AM »

Reo
Did you use a docking kit for windshield or did aux lite kit have all the hardware to mount both?

I had all this stuff installed before taking delivery of the bike. Big mistake because the dealer installed the wrong aux light kit, so I had to change it later. But the new light kit I got in the box, included mounting bolts but wont work with the detachable windshield. I'm not sure the detachable windshield will come with the docking kit but knowing the Moco my guess is no.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 09:12:12 AM »

I had all this stuff installed before taking delivery of the bike. Big mistake because the dealer installed the wrong aux light kit, so I had to change it later. But the new light kit I got in the box, included mounting bolts but wont work with the detachable windshield. I'm not sure the detachable windshield will come with the docking kit but knowing the Moco my guess is no.

The Low Profile shield that I got from HD did come with the docking kit hardware. My husband and myself installed it ourselved. It's very easy too. Just remove the two bolts on each side of the forks and replace them with a nice chrome plate and two new bolts that come with the shield, they have the rubber mounts on them for the shield. Still leaves you with a nice look when your not running with the shield on.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  Sandy
Sandy :)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 04:03:38 PM »

Memphis Shades also makes a nice windshiled for these bikes. The dealer near my house had a SEFATBOY in the red with a red tinted Memphis Shades windshield on it and it looked really nice. I am coming off a Heritage Classic to this bike and figure its not even worth the money since the detacheable from my heritage is still on the shelf where it was 2 weeks after I took delivery of that bike.I hate the wind buffeting effect caused when 18 wheelers blow by throwing the front end all around!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.