Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS  (Read 33038 times)

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS
« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2019, 09:07:13 AM »

What color are you looking at Mike?

I'm digging the Zephyr Blue/Black Sunglo

My dealer rolled out the 2020's Friday night. This was the only bike that caught my eye. Not enough to trade but it's a nice looking bike. I think it looked even better in person.

mark

« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2019, 09:44:26 AM »

For those that have the BMW....are you concerned about the availability of dealerships to service your bike. I hear that dealerships are few and far between. That would be my only concern in buying one.
If concerned about having a dealer in every little town, then you're probably forever limited to either a HD or Honda.  I don't think BMW riders are worried about having a dealer in every town...same goes for KTM riders. 

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »

What color are you looking at Mike?

I'm digging the Zephyr Blue/Black Sunglo

yep..me too...this one...I'm going to ride one today and then seriously think about it

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2019, 06:47:44 AM »

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »

I wonder if part of the reason for going to this satin chrome type finish crap is to make it harder to find an aftermarket exhaust slip-on or maybe even harder fo a complete aftermarket exhaust with the forks being the same satin finish crap!!

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »

A friend of mine was down in Maryville at the Shed Saturday night. I texted him to see if they had anything in the Zephyr Blue/Back Sunglo yet.

He sent me a couple of pictures of a Street Glide Special....I liked it a lot...
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

CCW RIDER

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2019, 11:40:06 PM »

So sad the cvo's are getting uglier by the year and going up in price. The way of the world less bang for your buck.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »

"The way of the world, less bang for your buck"

Myself & a buddie stopped by a local HD dealer to look @ the new models and although they had no CVO's yet and things missing from the CVO SG have been mentioned by myself & others in various posts. We seemed to notice many things missing from 19' to 20' on the Specials on the dealer floor.  No diversion doors in the vents, no heal shifter, no paint on inner fairing areas and so on!  Man they are stripping these things!  It makes you wonder what you can't see!  :(
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

Worked a dealer demo day last Saturday riding sweep most of the day on the 2020’s.  They let us take a different 2020 out each ride.  Did not have any CVO’s yet.  Liked both the 114 Limiteds and the RK.  Did not see anything yet to make me trade my 2015 CVO RGU.  Got a surprise on the first demo ride.  Pulling out of the parking lot went to hit heal shifter and there’s not one.  The lever shaft appears to be long enough to add a heal shifter.  I also hear they have dropped to one keyless fob.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2019, 10:15:20 PM »

Worked a dealer demo day last Saturday riding sweep most of the day on the 2020’s.  They let us take a different 2020 out each ride.  Did not have any CVO’s yet.  Liked both the 114 Limiteds and the RK.  Did not see anything yet to make me trade my 2015 CVO RGU.  Got a surprise on the first demo ride.  Pulling out of the parking lot went to hit heal shifter and there’s not one.  The lever shaft appears to be long enough to add a heal shifter.  I also hear they have dropped to one keyless fob.
BMW has also gone to one keyless key fob. They do give you an emergency plastic key that can be used if you lost the fob.

Wonder if they got rid of the heel shifter to keep riders from putting to much pressure on the tranny? I've seen guys hit the heel shifter with excessive power, thinking it looked cool i guess.

Anyone that wants a heel shifter will find plenty of expensive options.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2019, 07:31:34 AM »

So sad the cvo's are getting uglier by the year and going up in price. The way of the world less bang for your buck.

I agree with most things, but not everything.  Good example, the 14 Corvette Stingray was more bang for the buck than the 13 Corvette, it handled way better, quicker, and interior was more comfortable and better fit and finish.  For just 1000 dollars more

From everything I read the 2020 mid engine blows the 19 Stingray way in power, handling, comfort, and materials.  Again for just 1000 more than the 19. 

Just the opposite of harley, more money for less features and less quality.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2019, 01:17:15 PM »

For those that have the BMW....are you concerned about the availability of dealerships to service your bike. I hear that dealerships are few and far between. That would be my only concern in buying one.

One of my guys at work that retired this past March has driven BMW's since he was 16 or so. Still has his original bike even. He's made that Beamer list of who ride the most miles a year, granted he's like 50-100 on the list (lol) the last I remember him saying. He also made the cover of the Beamer magazine back in the 70's I think it was. Had snow in the background if I remember right. He was pretty proud of that. Brought in the magazine to show us one day.

His biggest gripe is not enough dealerships. Something he's commended HD for. Twice that I know of, he's had to use an HD dealership for Beamer parts. One was a wheel bearing I believe he said (while in Sturgis). Not sure of the other part. The BMW dealership didn't stock a wheel bearing that he had on his old 1987 BMW. Apparently quite a few years of  Beamer bikes used it. He found a close enough match at HD to get him home.

He just bought a 2004 Beamer for his retirement present, so I don't know what he keeps on that bike. But on his 1987, he carried an extra driveshaft, tire plugs, extra clutch cable (he later zip tied it next to the one on the bike (lol), spark plugs & tools to yank the wheels or driveshaft off the bike.

So to wrap it up. He's very disappointed in the amount of BMW dealership's as well as the parts they stock in general. (yea I know his bikes are pretty old). He generally rides with guys on HD's.
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.