Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 09' CVO Road Glide Homecoming  (Read 5308 times)

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
Re: 09' CVO Road Glide Homecoming
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »

:orange: :orange: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 11:47:25 PM »

Just got back from a short 60 mile break-in ride...a few first impressions. The handlebars need more pullback, wait, oh yeah, it's a Harley and I have always had to replace the handlebars...and probably the seat. The fly-by-wire throttle responds very quick, it is a lot different from the old style.

Brembo brakes are excellent, again much better than the old style brakes. I have the low profile shocks on my Road King and these feel the same so no difference there for me. The fairing, well that took a bit for me to get used to as it is a little front heavy.

The windshield, well let's just say that I have already taken a few hard face shots from bugs...not much protection there, but I have Panoptx/7EYE Diablo prescription motorcycle glasses so I wasn't affected too much by the wind, however, I need to begin wearing earplugs as my ears took a beating from the wind. Radio...low speeds it is ok, higher speeds I just turned it off. I an going to upgrade the speakers with J & M high performance Road Glide Speakers.

The bike handles great through corners and is a pleasure to ride. No high speed maneuvers yet since I am just getting used to the bike and breaking in the engine. The paint job really comes to life in the sunshine and the graphics look perfect. First modifications tomorrow will be to get out the hair dryer and take off reflectors on the saddlebags, front forks and rear fender and remove the stickers off the frame.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 01:14:41 AM »

Hey! Guilty.........
Congrats on the new bike, Boy! for some reason it just looks like a bike I've seen before!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »

Guilty, great looking bike.  I agree with you on loosing the reflectors, that is the first thing I do on my bikes.

Sounds like it is a great ride, I am waiting on the silver I have a deposit on, and Feb is a long long way off.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »

That is a sweet looking Road Glide. Have fun and keep us posted!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 12:08:46 AM »

I am finding out that earplugs are my friend on the SERG, the windshield just isn't effective over 35 mph. After about a 100 mile ride today, my wife said that she got pretty beat up with the wind and was not impressed with the windshield. Fortunately, I have the 8" KlockWerks windshield arriving Monday and the and 12" arriving on Wednesday. I have a feeling that the 12" will be getting a lot more use.

I spent some time this morning removing all of the reflectors and factory stickers on the frame adn air cleaner. I was going to cut the reflector above the license plate with a razor, but I took a closer look and ended up taking the license plate mount off and the loosened the light mount and removed it. It only took me about an extra 10 minutes and I didn't have to worry about messing anything up around the fender.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 01:54:34 AM »

I am finding out that earplugs are my friend on the SERG, the windshield just isn't effective over 35 mph. After about a 100 mile ride today, my wife said that she got pretty beat up with the wind and was not impressed with the windshield. Fortunately, I have the 8" KlockWerks windshield arriving Monday and the and 12" arriving on Wednesday. I have a feeling that the 12" will be getting a lot more use.

I spent some time this morning removing all of the reflectors and factory stickers on the frame adn air cleaner. I was going to cut the reflector above the license plate with a razor, but I took a closer look and ended up taking the license plate mount off and the loosened the light mount and removed it. It only took me about an extra 10 minutes and I didn't have to worry about messing anything up around the fender.

How did you get the reflectors off the bags, and did it mess up the paint at all ?? Let us know how the 12" works speaking with the parts guy in Modesto today, he has the 12" on his 06 RG he told me that it really doesn't help all that much if your over 6' it didn't look bad on I love the look of the stock one but it is worthless !   

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 06:23:40 AM »

Congrats on the new bike.
I have the 12 KW windshield and I'm 6'2 and its OK but not great.  It does send the wind next to my ears pretty hard.  Funny thing is if lower myself about an inch than it works pretty good.  At least the wind in my face is constant so not a big deal.  I've got a 1 off windshield I'm going to try this week.  I sure do like the looks of that KW and would be fine for scooting around but If I was going to put on some serious miles definately need something taller

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 08:58:15 AM »

How did you get the reflectors off the bags, and did it mess up the paint at all ?? Let us know how the 12" works speaking with the parts guy in Modesto today, he has the 12" on his 06 RG he told me that it really doesn't help all that much if your over 6' it didn't look bad on I love the look of the stock one but it is worthless !   

To take the reflectors off the saddlebags I used a hair dryer to heat the reflector up a bit then I used some channel grips to force it to come off (careful not to scratch the paint) and then I used some skin-so-soft and a cotton balll to wipe off he rest of the sticky foam. My wife is very familiar with auto/motorcycle paint and insisted that I used the skin-so-soft and I will recommend it also, it won't scratch the paint.

I am 5'10 so I am counting on the 12" KlockWerks to perform well, my wife might just end up wearing her full face helmet if the wind condition isn't resolved with the 12" KlockWerks. Aesthetically, I feel that KlockWerks makes the best looking windshield so I hope that I don't have to continue experimenting. If the 12" KlockWerks doesn't do a satisfactory job, I will consider ordering a Clearview windshield.

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »

no reflectors... also if you pull the bars back about 1\2'' it helps alto.  just remove the two screws on the side of the speedo housing, lift up from the front.. you will see the top handle bar bolts.. loosen top bolts & the bars will move back (you don't half to take the housing apart)  use a razor to remove the rear reflector, if you just remove it you will see the notch where it use to be. just pull it back & put some tape behind it to protect the paint .. go slow... I just heated up the reflectors with a heat gun, & pulled them off by hand, I was able to save them.. for what ever reason.

Congrats on the bike, I like mine more everytime I ride it..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 10:38:26 AM by customryder »
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »

Congrats mi amigo Ken........it's beautiful bike..... :2vrolijk_21:.....Do you have the list of add-ons? any help?  :huepfenjump3: Enjoy mi amigo....

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »

Congratulations on the new beautiful bike.  Looking good!

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 11:06:24 PM »

Congrats mi amigo Ken........it's beautiful bike..... :2vrolijk_21:.....Do you have the list of add-ons? any help?  :huepfenjump3: Enjoy mi amigo....

Jorge, you know I have a list of add-ons. I had it well put together when I went to the dealership to finalize the purchase. I was able to negotiate 25% discount so I basically got everything that I needed relating to Harley parts. I am looking forward to when the parts shipment arrives in a few weeks. The biggest problem seems to be finding a windshield that is going to look good and perform well.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »

Guilty,

Do you need to get inside the fender to remove the license plate mount?  That reflector does need to come off.  Your fender looks cleaner.  Want to make sure I do it right when the time comes.  Thanks. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »

Guilty,

Do you need to get inside the fender to remove the license plate mount?  That reflector does need to come off.  Your fender looks cleaner.  Want to make sure I do it right when the time comes.  Thanks. 

Apparently, I did more that I needed to. All you have to do to remove the rear reflector is take out the 2 screws below the license plate light and cut the hard plastic tab that holds the reflector in place. Should only take 1 minute total.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.