Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cruise Problem 2009 SE Road glide  (Read 847 times)

harleyse09

Cruise Problem 2009 SE Road glide
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:01 PM »

Sometimes when cruised switch is turn on, bike goes to an idle and no throttle control at handle bar. Bike has to be shut off at key switch and restarted. Key switch may need to be cycle several times before engine light will go off and  then throttle control comes back. Does not always happen but is common problem. Problem can be done while sitting still has the problem is when the cruise switch is turn on. Bike has 1100 miles. What gives????????

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Cruise Problem 2009 SE Road glide
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »

Not positive, but the other day I was at my dealer and there was an 09 Ultra in there with some people from out of town passing through. They checked everything and found it to be a problem with the fly by wire system. They cleaned up all the connections and made sure all the wiring was good and it seemed to fix the problem. Somebody else may know better. Good luck!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 11:49:15 PM »

Not positive, but the other day I was at my dealer and there was an 09 Ultra in there with some people from out of town passing through. They checked everything and found it to be a problem with the fly by wire system. They cleaned up all the connections and made sure all the wiring was good and it seemed to fix the problem. Somebody else may know better. Good luck!

With the electronic throttle bikes there's almost not any separate cruise system.  Engagement switch and that's it.  All the other cruise system controls are integrated in the ECM and electronic throttle system.  So a cruise problem is almost by definition an electronic throttle or ECM/logic problem.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 12:03:28 AM »

check for a p-code??

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.