Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bitubo and traxxion  (Read 1355 times)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
bitubo and traxxion
« on: June 22, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »

I am considering the suspension upgrade.Stock suspension is too stiff for regular roads in Turkey.I need a smoother ride.I also get a loose feeling from the front.
Will Traxxion cure this?I also need a smoother rear suspension.How are Bitubos?Are they smoother?I feel every bump on my lower back.
Also whats the prat number for bitubos?
Ridin Legend

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: bitubo and traxxion
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »

Try different air-pressure at the rear shocks , sometimes a 15 psi is absolutely enough , but sometimes a 45 psi is not enough .
 Depends on the street conditions the weight on the bike the speed and the way you drive the curves .
Play with the pressure .
Definitely the stock air shocks are the smoothest .
There are performance shocks available like the cheap progressives ( about $ 600 ) or the expensive Wilbers or Bitubos ( $ 2000 ) or the perfect Oehlins ( $ 3000 ) , round about .
This is really not a racing bike , i also tried at first , but i am back to the stock ones again .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:36:20 AM »

Great info.I hate the rear suspension on this bike.Its flawless on highways but when i hit the small roads where all the fun is problem starts.Bad roads and my rear suspension just dont go well together.
Ridin Legend

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:40:53 AM »

When you know that you will hellride than put the fully 50 psi into therear shocks , but be aware that you sit will on your seat because you may be shot up otherwise , same do when you will fire it up to highspeed - hard shocks are needed in this case too .

trot

• trot
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Live well, Laugh often, Love much.

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 03:51:06 AM »

I have both Traxion AK20s and Bitubos on my 2009 SEUC and cannot fault them. The AK20s are a world apart from the stock front end there is no wallowing or diving and the front end feels very stable under all conditions.
The bitubos are certainly a great improvement over the stock rear once you have got the settings right I ride 2 up most of the time and the BSR says the ride is far smoother and does not bother her back like the stock rear did no matter what the pressure was. Expensive yes. Worth it- every penny.
Trot
"The shows not over till the Fat Lady sings."

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 08:38:18 AM »

I think that there will be a little different by installing these systems on the SERG than on the Cuse , the SERG will be more stiffer than the CUSE .
And with the AK20 you will feel every coin that is lying on the street and it will cause a bump at the handlebar , i guess , isn`t is so ?
But for hellride it will be the best i guess .
How much did you pay for front and how much for the Bitubos ? and where ?

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »

I think that there will be a little different by installing these systems on the SERG than on the Cuse , the SERG will be more stiffer than the CUSE .
And with the AK20 you will feel every coin that is lying on the street and it will cause a bump at the handlebar , i guess , isn`t is so ?

You pinpoint my concern.  I have the bitubos, and thinking about the AK20's because everyone raves about them.  

When I installed the bitubos on the rear I was looking for a better ride (translate, smoother over freeway concrete with the seams every 20 feet - bu-bump-bu-bump-bu).  It seems rougher over this type of surface.  It might handle better, but like you say I don't "hellride" it through twisties.

I'm wondering if the AK20's will improve the freeway bumps, but from what you're saying the answer is no?  I thought a matched suspension (front/rear) would be better, but it's an expensive and time consuming experiment.  

I don't understand all the positive posts that conflict with my experience.  The only thing I can guess is that I ride solo with no tp.  A couple posters said their bikes are harsh 1-up with bitubos & great 2-up -- but not everyone.  Can't figure this thing out.

PS - There's a perfect stretch of bumpy concrete fwy just 5 mins from my home.  I've gone over that stretch must be 50 times trying different settings.  I'll be calling Dan @ Traxxion today to see if he can help.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:08:19 AM by PR3VS56 »

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 09:35:05 AM »

I have both Traxion AK20s and Bitubos on my 2009 SEUC and cannot fault them. The AK20s are a world apart from the stock front end there is no wallowing or diving and the front end feels very stable under all conditions.
The bitubos are certainly a great improvement over the stock rear once you have got the settings right I ride 2 up most of the time and the BSR says the ride is far smoother and does not bother her back like the stock rear did no matter what the pressure was. Expensive yes. Worth it- every penny.
Trot
I have both on my '09 SERG and love them. My wife even more so. FWIW The Ak's do not translate any additional shock through the rider's arms .... in fact I have an injury to one of my arms and the AK's dramatically reduced the force felt at the bars!!

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »

I have both on my '09 SERG and love them. My wife even more so. FWIW The Ak's do not translate any additional shock through the rider's arms .... in fact I have an injury to one of my arms and the AK's dramatically reduced the force felt at the bars!!

That`s a definitive word  :2vrolijk_21:
I did not believe in this before you said it , i just was thinking about the opposite .

trot

• trot
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Live well, Laugh often, Love much.

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »

I paid £1000 for the AK20s and £600 for the bitubos from Reactive suspension in York U.K.
The AK20s come preloaded for your bike plus the approx weight of you and your BSR (if you have one)
and the bitubos you can set the preload ,compression and rebound damping to suit your own requirements.
Running 2 up the ride is very smooth on bumpy road surfaces that the stock suspension cant seem to cope with and the cornering stability is like night and day difference.
Running single without adjusting the bitubos for solo the ride is definately a bit stiffer as you would expect but I can live with this quite happily for the vastly improved overall performance and handling.
If you want to reset the bitubos every time you change from 2 up to 1 up then the ride is just as smooth. to me this is a pain so i live with the 2 up setting.
Everyone has different ideas but for me these work.
Trot
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:58:00 AM by trot »
"The shows not over till the Fat Lady sings."

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 02:46:31 PM »

Seems to be a good solution  :2vrolijk_21:

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 05:33:41 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.I guess I will have to order once i finish with the subwoofer and speaker setup. :drink:
Ridin Legend

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.