Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: J&M CB Power on 2000 & 01's  (Read 780 times)

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Working to make it my own

• CVO1: FLTRSEI2 - Black/Charcoal/Silver
J&M CB Power on 2000 & 01's
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:30:34 PM »

All.
Thought I wouls share this with anyone planning on adding a J&M CB to their FLTRSEI 0r FLTRSEI2, the instruction call for the CB to be powered by splicing the hot wire into a source that comes on when the ignition is on like the rear taillight!

My advise is to go down and get a plug and pins for the Accessory plug under the seat in the void area under the front part of the seat.  I wired the ground and the hot into the plug and plugged the other 2 holes with the filler pins.  You will actually have 2 choices for power 2 & 3.

4 - this is ground
3 - this is your powere when the accessory switch on the panel is in the on position
2 - this is hot when you turn the ignition on

I chose to power the unit with #3, requires turning the accessory on when you want power.

Just a tip to avoid splicing and if you have an additional iten to be powered by accessory, you can get the pigtail for 2 into 1.

Hope this is useful and I apologoze if this has been covered in the past.

Mch03wideglide
Mark
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: J&M CB Power on 2000 & 01's
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »

Rather than buying Deutsch pins and plugs just get HD part 70264-94A.  It's a Y adapter to plug in to the existing accessory connector and give you two plugs where you used to have one.  If I remember correctly only around $15.  Doesn't take a lot of Deutsch parts to eat that up.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.