Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Modifed SERG Handlebars  (Read 16863 times)

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Modifed SERG Handlebars
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2011, 06:47:55 PM »

Aclass,

The bike had the GT-small installed but JFH had cut it an 1" to 1.5" to improve his line of sight.  I bought the GT-small again but it still wasn't tall enough to keep the wind out of my eyes so I sent it back and bought the GT stock height.  That's when the problem showed up.  Perhaps Mark at Clearview can help you make some measurements to avoid the problem.  As I mentioned earlier, I will probably have mine trimmed to fix the problem.

Also note Aclass that this is Silvr Bulet and not Fuzz and that I'm talking about the Yaffe bars not what Fuzz has created.  He hasn't weighed in yet on if he's seen a problem.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Silvr
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2011, 07:18:23 AM »

Fuzz, looks great.  It is commendable that you took this on and saw it through.  I have the Yaffe 10" on my recently acquired SERG3.  I really like the look of them but when I replaced the CV windshield with a taller CV (probably 2.5" higher), I ran into problems with the bars hitting the shield at full lock.  I moved the Yaffe's back about 1/2" and adjusted my controls to compensate but I am not satisfied yet with where I had to leave the controls to make it work.  I will probably have the CV trimmed to give me back some space.   I see your windshield is pretty tall too, have you run in to any problems like that yourself?  No doubt the dramatic cut of the Yaffe's are contributing to my situation.  Thanks very much for the comprehensive view of your project.  Cheers, Silvr

SilvrBulet, I have the tallest C.V. that you can buy. XXL, I also cut an 1 1/2 off the top of the wind shield. (while on the bike) The C.V. is now at the bottom of my nose. I hate looking thru a windshield. However my bars do not hit my shield at full lock. Not even close............................Fuzz
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2011, 08:37:53 AM »

Great to hear Fuzz.  I might look at yours closer if I can't get things sorted on the Yaffes.  Cheers, Silvr
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »

SilvrBulet, I have the tallest C.V. that you can buy. XXL, I also cut an 1 1/2 off the top of the wind shield. (while on the bike) The C.V. is now at the bottom of my nose. I hate looking thru a windshield. However my bars do not hit my shield at full lock. Not even close............................Fuzz

Hey Fuzz, I looked at your pix again and believe you have your handlebars mounted farther back than mine.  I've attached a pix to show what I mean.  When I mounted this CV, I had to move my handlebars back 1/2" to allow the handlebars to move full lock and for the fork lock to work.  Given a choice, I'd take the 1/2" back.  I fiddled with the mirror stalks and bought back enough to enable me to put the controls back to a comfortable position. Rather than trimming the windshield, I think the problem would be solved if I could alter the mirror stalks to where the mirrors would sit forward slightly.  Has anyone tried or had success with this?  I like the look of the stock mirrors and would prefer not to swap them out if I can avoid it.  Again, great job on the new bars and an interesting post - it's always great to see folks fabricating cool parts!  Cheers, Silvr
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:04:11 PM by SilvrBulet »

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »

Thanks for posting the pics Rich. Have you got any miles on em yet or are you snowed in like I am??

Finally a half decent day Sunday. 54 Degrees and sunny. The roads were suprisingly dry. I went out for an hour and a half with a obligitory stop at a watering hole. However the ride was very comfortable. No more leaning forward to reach the bars. It took me a whole 5 minutes to get used to a more upright position. I did give the bike a mini stress test doing a few minor twistee's, no issues. And the Punch cigar and the 2 Tröegs Mad Elf topped the ride right off. :pimp2: :alcohol: .........................................................................Rich

Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »

Atta boy Rich ... look forward to seeing these bars in person!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.