Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 SERG  (Read 1922 times)

Randy C

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 SERG Silver and Titanium Dust

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
09 SERG
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »

I am looking for any information on putting on vented lowers on my 09 serg.I read somewhere that I need to purchase mounting brackets and supports for a 2010 Roadglide.Any information would b.e appreciated
Growing old isn't for sissys and growing up  isn't an option!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: 09 SERG
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:03:35 PM »

This has been done and recorded on here several times. Do a seach and you will find what you need. But mainly you need rt & lf lower fairing supports, the main center fairing mount and the newer style vented lowers in the color of your choice. Mounts are for 2010 up Road Glides. Easy switch, took me a sunday morning for complete swap and vented lowers are cheaper than the older style non-vented ones and come with the glove boxes installed.

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 Serg Silver Titanium Dust V&H power header,TT race tuner,Fullsac 2.25 baffles,Windsvest windshield,Mustang seat,Garman 665gps,Riders claw
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 10:32:38 PM »

Thanks Cor I found them .I saw a couple pictures but couldn't see if there was a noticeable change with the fairing and tank stripes alignment

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »

New brackets will raise the rear of the fairing by .800". You will never notice it with the bike standing up straight. Only time you will notice it, and nobody else will ever notice it, but you will when the bike is sitting on the stand leaned over. Otherwise it is not noticeable and I have had both style lowers and the vented one look better, are cheaper and the glove boxes actually fit, which they don't in the non-vented ones. With the vented ones you can also use the quik disconnect kit which makes them go on & off in a couple of minutes.

Randy C

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »

Thanks again Cor I am currently trying to find out if HD will paint them to match mine,they told me I can't buy paint from them because my bike is a cvo.

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »

Yeah it's a PIA you have to find a good painter to color match

You would think it would be a program for CVO customizing hd could move some paint. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »

Paint is  available. Formulas have been on here before. If you buy them from HD they will be black, if you want them to match the bike, order primed or black ones and send them to Larry, he will make them match, has done several folks on here already.

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.