Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I'm bikeless!  (Read 4374 times)

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: I'm bikeless!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM »

Really sorry to hear about your health issues Tommy. I hope they're nothing too serious and I hope you do make it to Maggie Valley. We missed you and Judy at RibFest.

Glad you got a good offer on your bike. You'll know if/when the time is right for the next one.

Take care of yourself,

Joe and Janet

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »

Planning on being there with or without a bike!
 :2vrolijk_21:

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 09:27:32 AM »

Well said Haird and all.  Tommy, sure hope things improve for you and whatever decision you make is the right and perfect choice for you.

When we talk about riding I'm always reminded of this quote from one of my favorite books:

β€œIn a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »

This is a process we all are going to face like it or not.  I agree with Jerry on the need to ride when my life was really stressful, now it's not that big a part of my life.  The addition of grandchildren, found out yesterday my youngest son will have a boy in November.  I have been told no more Grandchildren so 5 will have to do.  Some us don't age as well as others, I'll be 62 this year and my Mother is 83 and she is in far better shape injury wise than I am.  As I told Kurt (KIRO) I ride when the weather is nice because I want to really enjoy my ride.  No more taking off in the rain so I can just experience all aspects of riding.  I think those of us that have to endure the long winters get used to the short season and then everyone has something going on during the weekend so more time is lost giving us even less time to ride.  I would rather ride as long as I can, but I have to enjoy the ride.  I won't do it just to prove something.  I know I will step on some toes here but three Wheeler's are just not for me, they are not the same and the cost for the limited season just doesn't make sense to me.  I would rather buck up for adding another wheel and go the convertible route.  At least we have choices.  I hope someone offers me an offer that I can't refuse. 

Good Luck & Better Health to all

Ray G. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.