Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Busted!  (Read 6277 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Busted!
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:55:27 AM »

Anybody know someone who can get a speeding ticket from the GA State Patrol fixed???  While out riding last night between rain showers I saw a car that was coming at me jump the center median and do a U turn.  When I saw it was a state trooper my first though was "I wonder who he's after?".  We I looked down at my speedometer, I knew who!  He clocked me at 82, but was nice enough to write the ticket for 70 in a 45 which will make it a speeding charge instead of wreckless driving. 

First ticket since 91, guess I was due!

:( :(

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Busted!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »

I know it depends on the city and the prosecutor (sp), but I have just gone by the prosecutors office and talk to them about it, and a few times, I have gotten them to drop it to an equipment violation without hiring a lawyer. It might be worth a phone call or a visit.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »

Anybody know someone who can get a speeding ticket from the GA State Patrol fixed???  While out riding last night between rain showers I saw a car that was coming at me jump the center median and do a U turn.  When I saw it was a state trooper my first though was "I wonder who he's after?".  We I looked down at my speedometer, I knew who!  He clocked me at 82, but was nice enough to write the ticket for 70 in a 45 which will make it a speeding charge instead of wreckless driving. 

You're very, very lucky...in any other jurisdiction that I know of, even 25 mph over the posted spead limit is still reckless driving.  Wow, 82 in a 45?  I hate to say it, but bite the bullet and pay the fine...almost twice the speed limit...you were definitely speeding Bro!!!!  :-*
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »

yep, anything over 15+mph over the limit is a problem in NC.  :-[  aaargh.  :'( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 12:43:22 PM »

You're very, very lucky...in any other jurisdiction that I know of, even 25 mph over the posted spead limit is still reckless driving.  Wow, 82 in a 45?  I hate to say it, but bite the bullet and pay the fine...almost twice the speed limit...you were definitely speeding Bro!!!!  :-*
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:
Ain't that the truth!!!

Tommy you're lucky that you are not a Virginia resident and got caught here with our Unsafe Driving Fees (Abusive Driver Fees). :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 01:23:09 PM »

Mi amigo Tommy...if you were in Florida I have a lawyer who I have used his sservices for 15 years which for $69.00 get rid of the ticket...........I hope that you resolve the problem the best way.

Jorge

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 01:29:36 PM »

Bummer man. Sounds like you were overdue. I am.  :nervous:

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 07:14:50 AM »

Tommy,

This is really weird, I got my first ticket in years on Thursday... 61 in a 45.  Mine was a Cobb County motorofficer to top it off!  I was in the car but I had an H-D decal on the back of the truck, you'd think he would have cut me some slack.  I'm glad he reduced the speed at least, I'm sure that would have been ugly.  ???

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 08:02:41 AM »

It has been advertised all over the papers, the tv and the radio in our area that the police are out in force, and will ticket for anything and everything. No appologies, no exceptions and the tickets in our area are enough to be equal to a house mortgage, plus points on your licence which then in turn affects your insurance.  And in the last three weeks, we have certainly witnessed a lot of LEO out on the roads, and often having someone pulled over.  Tommy, hire a good lawyer. 

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 08:16:23 AM »

Tommy man sorry to hear about your ticket.... You just git caught up in the moment and you get caught....... BUMMER.
One of the service guys got a Speeding ticket the other day and hired a Lawyer and got it reduced to equipment malfunction. I think it cost $250.00 for the lawyer, but the goods news is NO POINTS.  I would MOST DEFFINALY hire a Lawyer.

Like HOBO said go talk to the Prosecuting Attorney Who knows it can't hurt.

Good Luck
~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 08:41:57 AM »

Be thankful, Ontario just enacted a law that says if you get caught doing 50 Km/hr (31 mph) over the limt it's an automatic 7 day licence suspension and the vehicle gets impounded for the same length of time.

This is done at the roadside with no chance to appeal the suspension or siezure.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 09:32:48 AM »

Be thankful, Ontario just enacted a law that says if you get caught doing 50 Km/hr (31 mph) over the limt it's an automatic 7 day licence suspension and the vehicle gets impounded for the same length of time.

This is done at the roadside with no chance to appeal the suspension or siezure.
And lots of times, the damage done to the vehicle (scooter) is significant while hauling it in.  :nervous:  aaaargh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »

I'd defiantly hire a lawyer. If your luck runs like mine you might get another one. I always take defensive driving class or whatever it takes to try & keep it from going on my record. Once they're on, they stay a long time. Just my $.02 worth! Linny

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 07:03:34 PM »

Tommy, I guess I'd ride against the prevailing winds here.  Have been fortunate enough not to have very many tickets.  Though certainly more than "none since '91."

When I got them I just paid them.  After all, I was the one that had screwed up.  And I did so knowing the potential consequences. 

Once I got pulled over and certainly had not done what I was cited for.  Fought and one that.  Aside from that, if I did it I did it.

The cop in this case already gave some pretty consequential favor.  Just because we can jump through some hoops to work things in our favor doesn't mean we always should.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 07:38:09 PM »

Tommy, I guess I'd ride against the prevailing winds here.  Have been fortunate enough not to have very many tickets.  Though certainly more than "none since '91."

When I got them I just paid them.  After all, I was the one that had screwed up.  And I did so knowing the potential consequences. 

Once I got pulled over and certainly had not done what I was cited for.  Fought and one that.  Aside from that, if I did it I did it.

The cop in this case already gave some pretty consequential favor.  Just because we can jump through some hoops to work things in our favor doesn't mean we always should.

a few thoughts on this :
1) Don is correct..as the officer already cut you a "deal" on the side of the road, should you end up in court.... you very easily could end up paying the same fine, plus a bunch of court costs, and getting the same points ( trust me, its in his notes that you got a break)
2) Every place is different, but it is theoretically possible in many places to get it chopped to an equipment violation or the like...in the case of this city, the fine wont change a bit, but the points and violation will

good luck with it

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.