Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Crazy Victory story  (Read 2278 times)

08springer

Crazy Victory story
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:17:23 PM »

So after x mas we had a few nice days here in Ohio. My friend decides to take his Victory bike out for a ride. All of a sudden it is 12 midnight and he is still riding it. He stops over another buddys house and decides to wake him up by reving his engine. ( He has very loud pipes ) . Then decides to take off around the corner with pipes screaming.  As he makes the turn he says to himself, " Is that a gun going off". Goes home puts the bike away and goes to sleep. After a few weeks pass he decides to pull his bike out to get something out of his shed. He looks down and sees a bullet hole in the front fender. He calls the cops but they cant do anything. The cops asked where he was and they said there is a crazy guy that lives on that corner he was probably the one shooting at you. The guy has a big fence up in his yard with barbed wire on it.  I know my buddy should not be raceing his engine at 12 midnight but I think its crazy for that other guy to actually aim and fire the gun at another person.      I just wanted to share this with you guys.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Crazy Victory story
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:20:26 PM »

Acting like an ass can be lots of fun.  Right up to the point you annoy someone crazier or bigger than you are.  There's a lesson there somewhere.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:29:13 PM »

So after x mas we had a few nice days here in Ohio. My friend decides to take his Victory bike out for a ride. All of a sudden it is 12 midnight and he is still riding it. He stops over another buddys house and decides to wake him up by reving his engine. ( He has very loud pipes ) . Then decides to take off around the corner with pipes screaming.  As he makes the turn he says to himself, " Is that a gun going off". Goes home puts the bike away and goes to sleep. After a few weeks pass he decides to pull his bike out to get something out of his shed. He looks down and sees a bullet hole in the front fender. He calls the cops but they cant do anything. The cops asked where he was and they said there is a crazy guy that lives on that corner he was probably the one shooting at you. The guy has a big fence up in his yard with barbed wire on it.  I know my buddy should not be raceing his engine at 12 midnight but I think its crazy for that other guy to actually aim and fire the gun at another person.      I just wanted to share this with you guys.
The noise police are giving us all hell because of chit like this.  Heck I love motorcycles but even I do not like loud pipes esp when some a$$hole wants to show off.  Glad he did not get shot but like 2lane said - there is a lesson there.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »

Acting like an ass can be lots of fun.  Right up to the point you annoy someone crazier or bigger than you are.  There's a lesson there somewhere.
There is indeed...   :2vrolijk_21:
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »

There sure is... I didn't know you could get aftermarket parts for Victory's.  Lesson learned.

Actually, this is what gets me in trouble with alot of "real bikers"  I argue loud pipes don't save lives they just piss of the neighbors.  Then everyone gets upset and starts yelling at me.  It's not that I want to see loud pipes outlawed, its that I don't want to see these wack jobs restrict our rights... Of course getting shot at makes it a whole different argument.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 02:00:06 PM »

Hmmmm...

Glad I'm goin' with Fullsacs on the '09 SERG. My two previous bikes were... um... well... loud!

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 02:27:45 PM »

I can personally attest to the fact that loud pipes can save lives. been there done that a few times.

but being an a-shole  ,,  can take lives.   you do have to be responsible for your actions.  my pipes are not wide open headers. and they don't rattle windows when I drive down the street.  but I can see people ahead of me look in their mirrors when they hear me approaching.  that is a good thing.

pissing people off on purpass,  cause your an idiot,   could get you shot ( in Ohio anyway )

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:49:15 AM »

now he has a story to tell for a long time. ;)

glad he didn't get shot. i accidently shot my own boat onetime. :nervous:
i left the hole to remind me.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

1Joker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 08:02:08 AM »

Just be glad the guy's aim was a little off!! :huepfenjump3:
Salmon, the other pink meat!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »

now he has a story to tell for a long time. ;)

glad he didn't get shot. i accidently shot my own boat onetime. :nervous:
i left the hole to remind me.

TN

You're a better shot than I am.  Smaller target.  I kinda shot a motor home once :oops:

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:00:26 PM »

Bad things happen when you get bad ideas.Makes about as much sense as those bullet hole decals but decals don't make you bleed.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »

Bad things happen when you get bad ideas.Makes about as much sense as those bullet hole decals but decals don't make you bleed.

Hey, you sometimes just can't fix stupid.  Loud pipes at midnight, wheelies in a parking lot in front of folks, stupid signs that show off how tough you wish you were; it's all insecure nonsense anyway.  Get a decent looking good riding bike and ride it.  That's all the attention that should ever really be needed anyway.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »

One thing my Dad always told me was " nothing good ever happens to you late at night "  Course I never believed him at the time, cause we always had lots of fun late at night, but as I get older, like most of us, things our parents saids start to make more sense all the time.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »

I'm finding that the loudness of the pipes is all relative.  The stock pipes are not loud.  I think we can all agree on that.  The V&H Long Shots on my RK were pretty loud, but not like some others that completely drowned out the sound of my bike.  When I got the Fullsac 2.25" baffles put in,  I thought that they were just about right.  Definitely not nearly as loud as the V&H.  On my last ride I took, now the Fullsac's are even sounding a bit loud to me.  As I'm typing, I'm sitting here thinking about how much louder they seemed to be, and I'm thinking that maybe something is burning out inside and they are just coming into their own, as far as what they will sound like.  Then it just hit right before I typed that last sentence.  The last time I rode, I was wearing a half helmet versus wearing a full face before.  Duh!  No wonder they sounded louder now.

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:47 PM »

There sure is... I didn't know you could get aftermarket parts for Victory's.  Lesson learned.(from J-CARR)

sorry about this but that is funny right there   ;D :D :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:

and really loud pipes don't save lives,but they do piss people off and make them very upset

jon

Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.