Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: New HOG magazine this month  (Read 8973 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
New HOG magazine this month
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

School's still out whether I like just one magazine coming.  This one seems a bit bigger than either individual one, but I don't think double the size.  Don't they know they are cutting down on my bathroom reading material...probably more info than necessary there.

I liked the "centerfold" of the pastor in Illinois riding his 2003 SE RK to church.  Dressed in his robe, with no helmet, and Reinhart mufflers to make a little noise on the way to church.  I'm wondering if he is a member on here.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: New HOG magazine this month
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »

School's still out whether I like just one magazine coming.  This one seems a bit bigger than either individual one, but I don't think double the size.  Don't they know they are cutting down on my bathroom reading material...probably more info than necessary there.

I liked the "centerfold" of the pastor in Illinois riding his 2003 SE RK to church.  Dressed in his robe, with no helmet, and Reinhart mufflers to make a little noise on the way to church.  I'm wondering if he is a member on here.

ur reading material is still bezza than the pdf format

in europe enthusiast has been incorporated at the back of hog tales 4a while now, then this month we can download a online version

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »

First thing wife and I noticed was the flowing scarf (for want of the correct term). Hope it doesn't wrap up on anything.  :nervous:
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:28:52 PM »

ur reading material is still bezza than the pdf format

in europe enthusiast has been incorporated at the back of hog tales 4a while now, then this month we can download a online version

It seems that they mistreat you over there in lots of ways, so that doesn't surprise me much.  Guess you need a laptop to take to the can with you to read it.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

First thing wife and I noticed was the flowing scarf (for want of the correct term). Hope it doesn't wrap up on anything.  :nervous:

I saw that and thought it might melt on his pipe.

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »

OK, my question is did you want to read anything in it?  I paged through it twice, other than looking at the pictures, did you read any of it?  :confused5:

After a day, thinking about it, I would like the HOG Tales back.  Ummmm, not much in it for the upcoming rides this summer, had to look for the ride
info specifically the second time through to see the two ad's.

Does anyone have an opinion?  Did you like the content?   :nixweiss:

Brad :rifle:

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »

The new mag. is okay, but they took us from 2 to 1.  What's next, every 3 months, then every 6, then finally they will just tell us to enjoy the web site? :soapbox:

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »

I saw that and thought it might melt on his pipe.

Yeah, me, too!

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 01:29:01 AM »

Got the mag but haven't had a chance to read it yet...I know, I know, I didn't really add anything to this thread.
Later.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 02:24:46 AM »

OK, my question is did you want to read anything in it?  I paged through it twice, other than looking at the pictures, did you read any of it?  :confused5:

After a day, thinking about it, I would like the HOG Tales back.  Ummmm, not much in it for the upcoming rides this summer, had to look for the ride
info specifically the second time through to see the two ad's.

Does anyone have an opinion?  Did you like the content?   :nixweiss:

Brad :rifle:

I started from front and have almost the entire mag already.  Just about every other page is a full page ad for Harley.  It seems like there is a lot missing in this new format.  I am hoping this is because it's the first issue, but I'm doubting it.  If anything, I thought they would try to "wow" you with that first issue.  Yes, I've read it, but have I enjoyed the content...not nearly as much as prior issues.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 06:23:23 AM »

So true as far as bathroom reading. I keep a north American atlas in my throne, and whatever the mag of the week is. HOG mags usually last a week, then who knows what.
I could care less about the 2-1 thing. gives me an opportunity to expand my horizons. Victoria secrets :smart:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 06:26:25 AM »

So true as far as bathroom reading. I keep a north American atlas in my throne, and whatever the mag of the week is. HOG mags usually last a week, then who knows what.
I could care less about the 2-1 thing. gives me an opportunity to expand my horizons. Victoria secrets :smart:

My fallback publication is the parts catalog.  When all else fails, I start shopping again.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 11:08:53 AM »

The new mag. is okay, but they took us from 2 to 1.  What's next, every 3 months, then every 6, then finally they will just tell us to enjoy the web site? :soapbox:

How of do u americans get a mag monthly?  Hog tales & Enthusiast  so whats da new mag called?

In europe the Enthusiast has been included at the back of Hog tales for quite a while now. I receive the GB VERSION and my wife the Deutsch European Version both have a few pages which r country specific re rally event n revues.

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »

I really liked the Pastors picture on the 03 SERK. Sometimes the magizine has good reading in it but, did I mention the picture of Pastor, NICE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »

How of do u americans get a mag monthly?  Hog tales & Enthusiast  so whats da new mag called?

In europe the Enthusiast has been included at the back of Hog tales for quite a while now. I receive the GB VERSION and my wife the Deutsch European Version both have a few pages which r country specific re rally event n revues.

The new mag is just HOG.  I do see the day when they will eliminate the publications altogether, or try to charge for them.  Oh wait, we are charged through HOG membership dues.  Oh well, I only keep the membership to get into the rallies and the roadside assistance anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.