Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hwy 126 - Cuba NM  (Read 1030 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Hwy 126 - Cuba NM
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:20:06 AM »

Some friends and I are planning a trip in June and we will be passing through New Mexico going to Durango, CO.  What can you tell me about Hwy 126 which runs south east out of Cuba, NM.  Is it a good motorcycle road?  Any motels in Cuba?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Hwy 126 - Cuba NM
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:10:32 PM »

Have been through there going from Durango to ABQ and vice versa.  Remember a little diner and a gas stop in Cuba.  Nothing more.  It's just a little village.  Those trips were on US550 though.

Pretty sure I once made the mistake going from Los Alamos to Durango and doing part of it on the road you're asking about.  The stretch farther east (maybe Hwy 4 or 14 ?) was twisty and fun.  Beautiful to look at if you like that country.  But it wasn't a stretch I'd want to do everyday.  The last stretch in to Cuba itself before going north to Durango was terrible though.  Wasn't even all paved.  Pretty sure that's the NM state 126 you're asking about.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 11:15:13 AM by Twolanerider »

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: Hwy 126 - Cuba NM
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »

Have been through there going from Durango to ABQ and vice versa.  Remember and a little diner and a gas stop in Cuba.  Nothing more.  It's just a little village.  Those trips were on US550 though.

Pretty sure I once made the mistake once of going from Los Alamos to Durango and doing part of it on the road you're asking about.  The stretch farther east (maybe Hwy 4 or 14 ?) was twisty and fun.  Beautiful to look at if you like that country.  But it wasn't a stretch I'd want to do everyday.  The last stretch in to Cuba itself before going north to Durango was terrible though.  Wasn't even all paved.  Pretty sure that's the NM state 126 you're asking about.

Sounds like we need to scratch that one.  Thanks Don!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.