Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: It Finally Happened.  (Read 2827 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
It Finally Happened.
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »

Some members may know that due to our accident Vickie decided she is not interested in riding her bike again. We agreed we should probably sell her Road King but were not in a real hurry. Last week my friend that I had bought the 03' Road King from called to see how we are doing. I told him we were getting better. I told him we may sell the Road King some day. He asked if I was going to ride again. I said I was not sure and was pretty undecided about that. Saturday he wanted to ride it home and clean it up and check it out, I said ok. Sunday afternoon he called and said he wanted to buy it and how much did I want for it. I told him a price, he said ok and hung up. ? Today he brought me a paper sack with cash in it. Sold. Not looking for pity. Just FYI. Kind of a sad and glad day around here. Thanks to all who gave prayers, thoughts and support during the past year.     
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: It Finally Happened.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 09:28:02 PM »

Some members may know that due to our accident Vickie decided she is not interested in riding her bike again. We agreed we should probably sell her Road King but were not in a real hurry. Last week my friend that I had bought the 03' Road King from called to see how we are doing. I told him we were getting better. I told him we may sell the Road King some day. He asked if I was going to ride again. I said I was not sure and was pretty undecided about that. Saturday he wanted to ride it home and clean it up and check it out, I said ok. Sunday afternoon he called and said he wanted to buy it and how much did I want for it. I told him a price, he said ok and hung up. ? Today he brought me a paper sack with cash in it. Sold. Not looking for pity. Just FYI. Kind of a sad and glad day around here. Thanks to all who gave prayers, thoughts and support during the past year.     

Arland

You came here because you love to ride. You may not be ready to do that now but the Arland I know will some day.
Only you can decide when that day is. Just remember, whatever your decision or whenever you make it, here on CVOHarley you are with friends. That will not change, no matter what your decision is.

Although I'm thinking, if your next bike is blue that will be a good thing!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:27:21 PM »

Great news Arland!! Now the worry and turmoil are behind you, see you at MV14. Another great part about it is now that you have made up your mind......only you can change it!!! Brothers are for more than 2 wheels!!!        Jimmy
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:30 AM »

Just glad you both are doing better every day.   Riding is second.  If that come to pass someday,,, great.  If not , like Chip said..  You are here with friends.   And that's what really matters.  Glad you sold the RK.   If things change sometimes, you can always look for another.   Keep up the great work.   Stuart and Lisa.

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 08:08:24 AM »

Having a like interest brought you/us to this website but the friendships that have developed because of that like interest will be there long after all other things have faded.  I think we've all taken a break from our hobbies from time to time due to whatever reason.  I've had two breaks with riding...once after an accident about 32 years ago and another after my second divorce.  Still, the bug bit me and been back on 'em for a while now.  For me, there's nothing more therapeutic than riding.

Arland and Vickie, no matter where this life takes you from here (two, three, four or more wheels), you will always have the friendships that have developed from CVOHarley. 

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »

Arland

Good luck to you and your family I completely understand your choice, Please stay in touch with all of us here on the CVO Harley Site.

Dante
DND

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »

Arland, like many others have said, no matter what your friends here support you and Vickie.  Glad you two are doing well.

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 11:48:31 AM »

Everyone is welcome here - whether you are riding or not. This site is about friendship among those of us who love Harley CVOs.

Hope to meet you and Vickie at MV14, Arland!

P.S. - pay no attention to that Chip character... Your next Harley should be ORANGE, brother!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »

Kind of a sad and glad day around here.     

I can relate to that sentament all to well.  After my accident I to felt the same thing when I decided to sell my bike.  A year and a half later I was tired of fighting it and started riding again.  Rode many tens of thousands of miles again, after that.

Fast forward to year before last....quit riding due to the back pain.  Had a back rest on my Corbin seat but it was my upper back that was causing the problems.  Extended the backrest and then it became my lower back and the pain grew more and more with each ride.  A year and a half later I'm really wanting to ride again......maybe if I get a custom made back rest made that's taller, supporting the lower and mid back both..... :nixweiss:

I hope that some day, if you find yourself in the same situation....that you are able to figure out some sort of ride that will allow you to get back on and ride.  :2vrolijk_21:

By the way, I've never left this forum.....even without a bike.  To many friends made right here on this forum!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »

Thanks guys, Chip, Jimmy, Stu, really everyone. We will be around, you can't get rid of us that easy! Doctors said I could ride if I want to, they were not real happy about it but did not say I could not ride. Truthfully financial reasons are the main factor for me not riding, the other main reason is Vickie won't ride and I really don't want to go anyplace without her.
I don't know Chip there are just so many "Blue" bikes around...oh wait all those are at your house! Not sure what color my next bike would be, I have a couple different favorites in mind if the bug bites me again. If I had the $ I would probably buy CVO Streetglide or Ultra Classic and remove the tour pack.
 Thanks again everyone.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 03:35:35 PM »

Thanks guys, Chip, Jimmy, Stu, really everyone. We will be around, you can't get rid of us that easy! Doctors said I could ride if I want to, they were not real happy about it but did not say I could not ride. Truthfully financial reasons are the main factor for me not riding, the other main reason is Vickie won't ride and I really don't want to go anyplace without her.
I don't know Chip there are just so many "Blue" bikes around...oh wait all those are at your house! Not sure what color my next bike would be, I have a couple different favorites in mind if the bug bites me again. If I had the $ I would probably buy CVO Streetglide or Ultra Classic and remove the tour pack.
 Thanks again everyone.

Arland - have you thought about going on three wheels? The Tri Glide Ultra is pretty sweet!

Doesn't come in ORANGE tho...  :'(

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »

You know what Ken.   Your bike is starting look almost as pretty as mine. :D.  Just really glad to have Arland around here with the rest of us.  That what really matters.  :)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:23:49 PM »

I don't know Chip there are just so many "Blue" bikes around...oh wait all those are at your house!
 Thanks again everyone.

Arland don't pay any attention to that guy with the "orangy looking" bike.
Sooner or later he will come over to a blue bike.
It's not a question of if, it's when.

Besides blue will go good with your hair.
Don't ask how I know!

::)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 11:59:30 PM »

You know what Ken.   Your bike is starting look almost as pretty as mine. :D.  Just really glad to have Arland around here with the rest of us.  That what really matters.  :)

AMEN, brother Stu! I'm looking forward to meeting Arland and Vickie at MV14!

Arland don't pay any attention to that guy with the "orangy looking" bike.
Sooner or later he will come over to a blue bike.
It's not a question of if, it's when.

Besides blue will go good with your hair.
Don't ask how I know!

::)

SBB

You know, Chip? YOU'RE RIGHT! The blue on your bikes DOES go very well with all of your gray hair!

But honestly... I'm not very far behind you in that department, brother! In fact, Miss Mary encourages me to wear NAVY shirts these days... She says they go better with my gray hair. The NERVE of that woman!

She won't even let me wear Brown anymore. Thankfully, Honey Badger's Orang... I mean... HOT CITRUS has blinded her to the Brow... I mean... ANTIQUE GUNSTOCK below it. I don't even think she's NOTICED!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 12:09:14 AM »

You tell em Ken.  I know orange or hot citrus beats any blue at any time.  Don't want to hurt his feelings ya know.  :P
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.