Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: OEM Buckhorn Handlebars  (Read 2068 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
OEM Buckhorn Handlebars
« on: July 20, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »

Hi Guys,
 Does anyone know the any part numbers of the various different OEM BuckHorn style handlebars. I  can get some numbers ,then I can look them up. I had some on my 89 FXR and I am wanting to replace my handlebars on my FXR4. I already removed the old drag bars because I could not see past my shoulders in the mirrors because the stock bars were too narrow. I want a medium height/pullbck about 28" wide and maybe a max rise of 9" and a 9" pullback. I think some thing along those lines would look good.
It will be installed on the stock FXR4 risers about 5" tall on a new 49mm Wide-Glide front end. I am wanting a little more comfort for my Fall trip to Tenn. 2500 mike trip.
Ltank

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: OEM Buckhorn Handlebars
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 01:31:15 AM »

Hi Guys,
 Does anyone know the any part numbers of the various different OEM BuckHorn style handlebars. I  can get some numbers ,then I can look them up. I had some on my 89 FXR and I am wanting to replace my handlebars on my FXR4. I already removed the old drag bars because I could not see past my shoulders in the mirrors because the stock bars were too narrow. I want a medium height/pullbck about 28" wide and maybe a max rise of 9" and a 9" pullback. I think some thing along those lines would look good.
It will be installed on the stock FXR4 risers about 5" tall on a new 49mm Wide-Glide front end. I am wanting a little more comfort for my Fall trip to Tenn. 2500 mike trip.
Ltank

Ltank~

Think this through carefully, you have a lot of power and torque in that bike....you need some leverage at the handlebar location....just to hang on to that damn thing.... :banana rock:

I would make sure you go to at a minimum 30" wide bar and perhaps a 31" bar to boot.  Seriously you need more leverage than a 28" bar, OH OH OH OH wait a minute maybe with that BEAST it can ONLY GO IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!!!!!  just teasing...

Be safe on your trip.

Regards,

Tim

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.