Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Self Inflicted Wounds  (Read 24205 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Self Inflicted Wounds
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:39:22 AM »

Have any of you damaged your bike with carelessness? Sound off make me feel better. :-[

I was bringing in a ladder and a long pole trimming saw and was taking great care to get around the wife's bike when the saw caught the rear fender on my Yellow SEDFB. :'( I have the first real marks on the bike now, four scratches fully through the paint to the metal. What a stupid POS I am.

Share yours if you dare.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Self Inflicted Wounds
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »

Laid my bike down in a Best Buy parking lot when I stared at the front wheel thinking it was flat. Going to slow and not looking where I should be looking. Scratched the outer primary pretty good.

S*** happens. These bikes are still just things and things break and get damaged. I could have prevented the spill but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. Just learn and move on.

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:00:56 AM »

I've done stupid stuff myself. I was taking my lowers off once and acidently hit my tank emblem with the end of the rachet and put a dent in it. Luckily it was the emblem rather than the fuel tank paint. And once I was putting a set of cams in a buddys bike and had his tank off. I laid it on a towel on the floor of the shop. While taking his mufflers off the clamp fell off the muffler and bounced off the ground and hit his tank. I about cried. I had to get his tank repainted.
So it happens to the best of us.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »

Great buddy to let you pay for the damage when you were doing him a favor.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:23:38 PM »

Taking pictures with relatives on the SERG.  Had locked the forks and then went to move it...   :oops:    No real damage but had to polish the crash bar.  Like Buy early says, "Sh*t happens."

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »

No damage to the bike...but, something stupid nonetheless.  Took off for a quick little ride one night from my basement, and did not realize I had put the key/fob on the passenger pillion.  It rode on there 'till I got out on the busy road, then it apparently slid off into the road.  I took the ride, got back home, parked the bike, went to bed later.  The next morning, went to move the bike and the alarm went off.  Found the fob/key after it had been run over by cars a few times.  That little screw up cost me about $75 buck for a new fob and pairing.  DUH!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »

just did this on sunday while rolling the bike out of the van down the ramp

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »

No damage to the bike...but, something stupid nonetheless.  Took off for a quick little ride one night from my basement, and did not realize I had put the key/fob on the passenger pillion.  It rode on there 'till I got out on the busy road, then it apparently slid off into the road.  I took the ride, got back home, parked the bike, went to bed later.  The next morning, went to move the bike and the alarm went off.  Found the fob/key after it had been run over by cars a few times.  That little screw up cost me about $75 buck for a new fob and pairing.  DUH!

X2

Put the key/fob in a cabinet next to where I park Ziggy. Started the bike and rode to the gas station, turned off the bike to pump gas. I went to start the bike and had no key  >:(. Paula was not happy at 3:30 am to come bring me a key  :nixweiss:.

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »

Just need to remember your code.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »

Like any thing in life.....everybody gets their turn in the crapper.  There's a reason they call it "e-x-p-e-r-i-e-n-c-e".

Some of us just have more than others.......and some of us learn from it while others do not.....least not the first time. ;)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »

Was tired of taking my tires to the shop. I can mount my on tire & save 10 bucks. Almost done when tool slipped and gouged the wheel. Cost $380 to change the front tire. Yahwhoo.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »

Just need to remember your code.

Well chit if I could do that I'd remember the FOB. ;D

I hate to tell this on myself and probably shouldn't but here goes. I put the wife's removable windshield on that black top drive way and put the pressure washer to it. :'( That sob went thirty feet and you could not see though the scratches. I got even madder when the wife asked how dumb was that? What can you say except, pretty f------g stupid, then go to the dealer and pony up the cash.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 02:44:25 PM »

Like any thing in life.....everybody gets their turn in the crapper.  There's a reason they call it "e-x-p-e-r-i-e-n-c-e".

Some of us just have more than others.......and some of us learn from it while others do not.....least not the first time. ;)

You know how they say "experience is the best teacher..."? In my experience, you learn the lesson right after you've flunked the test.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »

Took delivery of my CVO in January. It snowed until March. When moving the snowblower around the bike in a tight space I put 2 scratches in the fairing when the bolts from the cabover on the blower dug in. I hadn't even ridden the bike yet. Yeah, I was upset but not too bad. I knew the 1st scratch was inevitable and was glad to get the monkey off my back.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

mark

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 04:42:57 PM »

This happened on my old "03 SERK...I'm extremely picky, bike looked new after 7 yrs.  Paint was immaculate.  Bike wash takes 3 hrs. and I take off bags and side covers to wash bike.  I had a fold up table in garage and thought  "I can put bags and side covers on the fold up table and not have to stoop over to wash."  I had the side covers on the table and sprayed them with the water hose..on FULL BLAST.  Once the water stream hit that side cover, it launched off the table, across garage floor, and into the driveway.  You can guess which side was against the concrete as it blasted across the driveway.  Needless to say I called myself DUMBASS for a week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.