Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Round 6  (Read 25089 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Round 6
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2014, 05:58:19 AM »

So far all is well.

Planning my first big trip with the bike.  I will be riding in the Swiss Alps in a couple of weeks for a few days.  I am super pumped as this was a bucket list item for me. 
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »

So I am back to add more to this thread, I must be jinxed or something.

Yesterday on the way home from work while on a bridge my clutch went out and of course the bike died.  I was lucky and on the down slope of the bridge and I was able to coast without to much effort to a safer area as this was during rush hour and folks were trying to run me over, I mean get home.

Anyway since the guys at the dealership all know me so well, they decided to come get me even though it was only few minutes before closing time.  As I said before great bunch of guys there.

They called today to tell me that the entire master cylinder had to be replaced.  So I have the extended warranty, but as I understand it I need to pay first and then get the money reimbursed.

But really what in the world did I do to someone to deserve this, don't answer that:)
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2014, 06:03:14 PM »

Sorry to hear about more drama for you :(.

Here, with ESP, all you have to pay is the $50. Deductable.

Since your bike has been in the shop so much, I'd talk to HD about giving you a credit (on the original factory warranty) for the extended periods that you were without your bike.

How many miles on the bike ?
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2014, 12:21:51 AM »

Yes I was told there is a $50 deduct able, so do you pay the bill in its entirety then file a claim?
The bike has about 12,5k on it now.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2014, 12:45:42 AM »

In the US (I don't know if it's different over there?) the Dealer files the claim and we just pay the Dealer the $50. deductible (per visit). No money up front, no reimbursement...

'Just out of curiosity, roughly how many days out of the initial (factory) warranty period of 2 years was your bike available for you to ride in proper running condition??
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2014, 12:51:42 AM »

That's a tough question, if I had to guess I would say 8 months.  The other times it was either In the shop or I was taking short (test ride) cause I was afraid to go on any really trips in fear of breaking down somewhere far from home.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2014, 01:29:44 AM »

That's a tough question, if I had to guess I would say 8 months.  The other times it was either In the shop or I was taking short (test ride) cause I was afraid to go on any really trips in fear of breaking down somewhere far from home.

That's why I termed it "proper running condition" where you could enjoy the bike.

SmokyJoe, believe me, I'm not trying to rub any "salt in the wounds" as I really feel for you!! I commend you for your handling of the situation :2vrolijk_21:

I was just wondering if The MoCo made any "goodwill" concessions to you for lost time on one of their "flagship" motorcycles?

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2014, 02:44:12 AM »

Not at all.  It has been a very painful experience.

AAFES has a sweet deal where they isolate themselves by going through contractor who further isolate themselves by going through layers of subcontractors to the point where it is basically just an import to Germany and nobody can be held accountable through the US or German system.  what I mean by that is there is no one to file a BB claim against, no one to file a Lemon Law claim against cause guess what, no one holds a US business license until you get back to ENCS but they have isolated themselves with subs.  I talked with HD in the US several times and wrote several emails, but they refer me to HD Europe, who does not really care are impossible to talk with because it is a US spec bike.  It is  :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg:

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2014, 05:26:45 AM »

Sounds like a big pain and I was thinking about buying through ENCS. Maybe a different story with Stateside delivery/pickup but it still concerns me a bit do deal with them. Glad to see you are up and running now. Bummer about the clutch...added insult to injury I reckon.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2014, 05:55:43 AM »

I am working with ENCS right now to understand how the extended warranty works over here.  From what I am hearing from them and as long as the dealer cooperates it should be fairly painless.  They will cover a rental, tow service and repairs billed directly to ENCS and I pay the 50.  Waiting on a response from the dealer to see if they will play.  I would think there would not be any issues at all with a US delivery.  But I would shop around to make sure you are getting the best price. The little research I did shows they are , but you never know.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.