Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Business slow?  (Read 2128 times)

West AR CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Amethyst White Black Licorice
Business slow?
« on: September 22, 2018, 08:47:22 AM »

Local dealership here has a summer  vs winter schedule (open six days vs 5 days) that changes in late fall. This year they moved up their winter start a month (October 1) and employees said they were told they won’t go back to being open six days a week. 2019 bikes aren’t selling…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Business slow?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 11:03:07 PM »

That does not seem to be the case in So Cal. I have a Maco Shark Roadglide coming in so for 2 previous weekends I went on a mission to try and find one at a dealer that bI could see in person. I ended up visiting 8 different dealers that I have never been to before all over So Cal and each one was very busy with new bike deliveries going on. Each dealer also was talking about how good the 19's were selling and of course I get that they could be lying but I have never seen so many people seemingly buying bikes before. last weekend my dealer that I am getting the bike from ran a locate on the RG and told me the 3 dealers that had it in stock but when I got to all 3 dealers on Sunday they all had sold them between Friday and when I got there. A couple of the people did say that it is not unusual for them to sell a lot of bikes in the first month or so when new year models come out but i was surprised myself.
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 04:26:59 PM »

That does not seem to be the case in So Cal. I have a Maco Shark Roadglide coming in so for 2 previous weekends I went on a mission to try and find one at a dealer that bI could see in person. I ended up visiting 8 different dealers that I have never been to before all over So Cal and each one was very busy with new bike deliveries going on. Each dealer also was talking about how good the 19's were selling and of course I get that they could be lying but I have never seen so many people seemingly buying bikes before. last weekend my dealer that I am getting the bike from ran a locate on the RG and told me the 3 dealers that had it in stock but when I got to all 3 dealers on Sunday they all had sold them between Friday and when I got there. A couple of the people did say that it is not unusual for them to sell a lot of bikes in the first month or so when new year models come out but i was surprised myself.

You were just looking for a reason to ride someplace different.  You could have just as easily had your yard boy call each one of those dealerships to ask them.   :P

You'll get a deluxe tour of Nor Cal in about five weeks.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:47 AM »

You were just looking for a reason to ride someplace different.  You could have just as easily had your yard boy call each one of those dealerships to ask them.   :P

You'll get a deluxe tour of Nor Cal in about five weeks.  :2vrolijk_21:
Cant wait!
Alan

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.