Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: FNG from AZ  (Read 4750 times)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
Re: FNG from AZ
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 07:52:54 AM »

Welcome aboard , sounds like one FAST bagger!
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 08:17:39 AM »

Welcome to CVO Harley!!!!!!  :coolblue:
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 11:44:49 PM »

Konichiwa,

Glad you found us.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 11:08:26 PM »

Hello all,
OK, several people were interested in seeing a dyno sheet for this build. I was a little disappointed with the results and it did not match what the builder had quoted when I was writing the check. Then again, numbers are just that and the important thing is how fast it builds power and the seat of the pants approval. After six months of screwing around with things it is finally FUN to ride.This whole experience has been a major PITA however. First off, the silver cast heads I purchased turned color and there was an issue with the powder coating. After waiting six weeks for them to get their powder coating issue corrected, Reggie Sr from R&R stepped up to the plate and offered a set of billet heads in place of the cast heads because of the inconvenience. However this meant another $300.00 to the builder to get it back together. When I got home I had to pull the intake manifold off and replace the intake seal due to an intake leak. The seal was rolled up into the intake port. After months of screwing around with the Daytone Twin Tec I finally pulled the plug and installed a SERT. Night and day difference. The tuner I took it to advised that the Twin Tec processor could not keep up with the drastic changes neede for this build. He was able to get the SERT dialed in and it runs GREAT!! Six weeks after picking up with the new heads, I now have developed an oil leak at the head gasket and I was informed by the builder that "I did not make the head gasket and it is a component defect and not a workmanship defect". He will be happy to replace it for his labor and he will try to get Cometic to cover the gasket ($30.00). Another $300.00 - $500.00. Will it ever end. OK, enough of the venting. Time to get back on track. I have attached the dyno sheet 129.3 HP and 129.5 Torque. It has a great torque curve but was expecting numbers somewhere in the 140 range.
Thanks for letting me go off.

'05 SEEG2 Jalapeno
Rev Perf 124"
R&R cast billet heads
R&R 62H gear drive cams
Rivera pro clutch
D&D 2 in 1 Fatcat
DTTII SERT

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 11:27:13 PM »

Forgot the dyno sheet DOH!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:32:10 AM by chunngle »

twincam

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 11:46:36 PM »

Hello all,
OK, several people were interested in seeing a dyno sheet for this build. I was a little disappointed with the results and it did not match what the builder had quoted when I was writing the check. Then again, numbers are just that and the important thing is how fast it builds power and the seat of the pants approval. After six months of screwing around with things it is finally FUN to ride.This whole experience has been a major PITA however. First off, the silver cast heads I purchased turned color and there was an issue with the powder coating. After waiting six weeks for them to get their powder coating issue corrected, Reggie Sr from R&R stepped up to the plate and offered a set of billet heads in place of the cast heads because of the inconvenience. However this meant another $300.00 to the builder to get it back together. When I got home I had to pull the intake manifold off and replace the intake seal due to an intake leak. The seal was rolled up into the intake port. After months of screwing around with the Daytone Twin Tec I finally pulled the plug and installed a SERT. Night and day difference. The tuner I took it to advised that the Twin Tec processor could not keep up with the drastic changes neede for this build. He was able to get the SERT dialed in and it runs GREAT!! Six weeks after picking up with the new heads, I now have developed an oil leak at the head gasket and I was informed by the builder that "I did not make the head gasket and it is a component defect and not a workmanship defect". He will be happy to replace it for his labor and he will try to get Cometic to cover the gasket ($30.00). Another $300.00 - $500.00. Will it ever end. OK, enough of the venting. Time to get back on track. I have attached the dyno sheet 129.3 HP and 129.5 Torque. It has a great torque curve but was expecting numbers somewhere in the 140 range.
Thanks for letting me go off.

hey, I see by the dyno sheet that you are using Nick Trask, he is a good tuner, sorry to hear about the gasket problems!!

'05 SEEG2 Jalapeno
Rev Perf 124"
R&R cast billet heads
R&R 62H gear drive cams
Rivera pro clutch
D&D 2 in 1 Fatcat
DTTII SERT

twincam

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2007, 11:47:49 PM »

or did you just get the dyno run done by him?

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2007, 11:54:57 PM »

Nick did the tune and dyno. The build was done somewhere else. Had I talked to nick beforehand, I would probably have had him do the entire build.

twincam

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »

STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT DRINK AT OLE TYMERS

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2007, 12:27:47 AM »

Count me in. Actually was just down there about three weeks ago. Last minute Friday night decision. Next time we are down that way, will definately let you know ahead of time. 

twincam

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 11:59:45 PM »

just heard a rumor today that Charlie... (ole tymers) is going to be moving to Sierra Vista.... dont know if its true or not will ask him next time I go down.

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 01:17:22 AM »

I wonder if the bar will remain if he moves. Its an awesome spot. hmmmmmmm semi-retirement set up,,,lol

twincam

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 09:54:54 PM »

DONT KNOW, BUT I DO KNOW, AS MUCH DOUGH AS I HAVE SPENT IN THERE I SHOULD HAVE STOCK IN THE PLACE!!!!!!!!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:13 PM »

chunngle :welcome_005: to CVO Harley.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

twincam

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 10:59:42 PM »

I wonder if the bar will remain if he moves. Its an awesome spot. hmmmmmmm semi-retirement set up,,,lol
went in ole tymers today, yes they are deffintley moving, they bought 9 acers over close to karchner caverns, they are just waiting on there building to be built to move, said they will be having rallys on there new place. they are looking to sell the old place to someone who will keep it a bike bar........ asking price....$399,000.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.