Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: My first CVO  (Read 10657 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: My first CVO
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »

Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Congrats on the CVO Limited. SBB will be your friend, cause your bike is "Blue".
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:29 AM »

Welcome from northern Illinois, congrats on the new CVO!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:44 AM »

Start off on rvtrader.com.  Based on your price range, take a look at what is being offered in a price range you have in mind..  You can head to a local RV store to see what things look like (dont buy from them, just look).  That will give you an idea of size/stuff you want in it. 

Great thing about the older ones..you can always change them a bit...carpet or linoleum is easy to install, bathroom fixtures can be changed.

The work and plays are nice but I really like what I have seen from the Livin Lite line so far. Very simple, all aluminum, all business. Any experience with these? They have a 6x15 and a 7x20 that have got my attention.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • Georgia Rollers Riding Club
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 09:53:48 AM »

Wow..your not kidding with those being minimal...nothing to break and gives you the minimum of what you need.

The only thing I dont like about ones like that is that I like to have a bedroom even if the bike is in the RV.

That was actually what made me move to a 5th wheel.  The biggest issue with the travel trailers (but also why they keep them so light) is that you can't use the living room while the bike is inside.  You can use the kitchen (somewhat) and on many of them, you can still use the bedroom.

The big thing to think about is this... Do you want to have to take your bike out of the camper if you arrive very late at night in order to go to sleep?

Second thing that got us to a 5th wheel...most travel trailers have a small access area to get into the bed up front (several new models have side access on 1 or both sides, but that wasnt the case a few years ago).  This means that whoever is sleeping on the far side has to crawl over the other person to pee in the middle of the night...I dont know about you, but after a few drinks in the evening, there is no way I'm making it all the way through the night...and neither is the wife!

Not trying to influence your descision, but want you to think about things :)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »

Welcome from San Jose, CA. The heart of the Silicon Vally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »

Wow..your not kidding with those being minimal...nothing to break and gives you the minimum of what you need.

The only thing I dont like about ones like that is that I like to have a bedroom even if the bike is in the RV.

That was actually what made me move to a 5th wheel.  The biggest issue with the travel trailers (but also why they keep them so light) is that you can't use the living room while the bike is inside.  You can use the kitchen (somewhat) and on many of them, you can still use the bedroom.

The big thing to think about is this... Do you want to have to take your bike out of the camper if you arrive very late at night in order to go to sleep?

Second thing that got us to a 5th wheel...most travel trailers have a small access area to get into the bed up front (several new models have side access on 1 or both sides, but that wasnt the case a few years ago).  This means that whoever is sleeping on the far side has to crawl over the other person to pee in the middle of the night...I dont know about you, but after a few drinks in the evening, there is no way I'm making it all the way through the night...and neither is the wife!

Not trying to influence your decision, but want you to think about things :)

Good information. A couple things, 5th wheel is out not going to be an option I would have to buy both a truck and the camper, also we don't drink so we don't have to worry about that lol.

The LivinLites have a pop out bed so you wouldn't have to necessarily back the bike out the back. If we did though, I honestly don't think that's a big deal, at least not to me. It would add maybe 5 mins to the whole operation.

Keep in mind we have traveled the last 2 seasons with just the bike and us. 1 saddlemen bag on the tour pak rack and we have been very happy. We are really just looking at the option to camp and not drop 70+ dollars a night staying in a hotel/motel and having an option to prepare our own meals as well.

The other thing is we live up north. It would be nice to be able to load the bike in the trailer during inclement weather and take a vacation somewhere where we could ride. I also would love not having to try to skirt any major storm when we travel on the bike to a destination.

Jesse

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 04:28:36 PM »

I can see that because we are just getting ready for the best riding whether here.  As soon as the luv bugs have cleared out. :bananarock:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2014, 04:38:05 PM »

I can see that because we are just getting ready for the best riding whether here.  As soon as the luv bugs have cleared out. :bananarock:

Damn you!  :coolblue:

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:37 PM »

Hell yeah!!!   Just like here...we may have 2-3 weeks total of the year where I can't ride...love my heated gear!!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2014, 05:36:26 PM »

Hell yeah!!!   Just like here...we may have 2-3 weeks total of the year where I can't ride...love my heated gear!!!

If I have to break out heated gear, the ol girl is going in the garage and I'm grabbing my coffee and rolling in my truck.  :nixweiss:

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »

If I have to break out heated gear, the ol girl is going in the garage and I'm grabbing my coffee and rolling in my truck.  :nixweiss:

You are totally missing out then!  Nothing better than riding out on a crisp 35 degree morning...heated gear turned way up high, bike doesnt feel hot no matter how much you push it...best feeling in the world!!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »

You are totally missing out then!  Nothing better than riding out on a crisp 35 degree morning...heated gear turned way up high, bike doesnt feel hot no matter how much you push it...best feeling in the world!!!
No thanks!

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 12:40:10 PM »

Welcome aboard TXGator!  What a great site, I signed in to say hello and welcome to you and got schooled on toy haulers / campers all rolled into one.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 12:47:38 PM »

Welcome aboard TXGator!  What a great site, I signed in to say hello and welcome to you and got schooled on toy haulers / campers all rolled into one.
Yeah that's my fault lol

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »

I kinda feel bad...we totally hijacked TXGator's hello thread!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.