Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Indian Motorcycle Announces 2016 Models  (Read 15060 times)

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:31:28 PM by RedMoon »

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: Indian Motorcycle Announces 2016 Models
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »

The wife was on the site all last night picking out her next bike. I think she likes the black and silver Chieftain. Most of you know i bought a new Vintage in a custom '57 Chevy blue and white and we both like it.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:43:11 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Lone Rider

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Softail Deluxe 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »

They need to go back to old school

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/motorcycles?wt.mc_id=B1715499-7E31-E511-80D4-0050569A218C&wt.mc_ev=email&WT.mc_id=

Pick your color.

Some of us Nor Cal members have taken pics where this pic was taken.

The fairings are kind of scarry looking.  Looks like they were designed by Vetter from years gone by.  :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 06:59:53 PM »

I agree too much of the massive chrome pieces on the fairing and do not like the look of the lowers either. They get them right and their on the right path. Still a ways to go for the dresser.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 09:21:55 PM »

That Kurakyn looking headlight surround and those sad looking lowers coupled with the Kawaski plastic belt guard...nothing attractive about those rides.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 09:25:32 PM »

I'm so used to Harleys and their looks that everything else looks "strange" to me somehow.  I mean, I really study Harleys and what folks have done to them to make them uniquely theirs, but I don't look so much at the Kaw's and Hondas and Beemers...or the Indians that much.  Not because I don't think they're good bikes, because in some cases I know firsthand they are, but maybe because they're just different...I don't know.  And maybe I'm missing out, but something tells me I'm not.
Each manufacturer has they're own style and niche they're trying to fill.  It's gotta be tough to carve out a place for yourself, especially for Indian.  I respect that about them - and Victory, but I don't think they're there yet with their Roadmaster as a full touring bike, but that's just my opinion.
Still and all, they are handsome motorcycles and you can tell there's a lot of thought built into each model.
I guess I'm not ready to think about anyone else seriously, especially now that I have a new Harley that I really truly love and am excited about.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »

I hope they make it but I have never cared for the style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 12:13:06 AM »

What's that C3-P0 looking thing on the side of the scout motor?? Looks like a cover fell off or something
And only 69cu/in in the Scout??

At least Polaris didn't let Ness into the Indian styling design studio, but they've still got some oddballs in there.
A couple of the Victories are close to something I'd ride, the Indians aren't, and I thought i liked the Slingshot till I saw
one of them in person.
2015 CVO Road Glide

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 07:48:45 AM »

My first ride on a motorcycle in the early fifties was on back of my cousins brand new Indian Scout. Fell in love with motorcycles that day.  At this time I feel when I have my last ride it will still be on a Harley.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 08:15:22 AM »

Liquid cooled 100 HP engine in a cruiser frame... What the V-Rod could of been.  I don't think they're ugly, just different.  I have to decide if I'm ready to walk away from the brand I've spent so much time with.  That's my problem.  I'm certainly not willing to give the HD brand any more of money at this point.  But I'm not seeing anything hear I have to have... yet.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

mark

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 08:30:42 AM »

The Scout is the best looking bike in their lineup for a modern styled bike.  If you're into the retro look, they have some good choices.  However, the touring bikes look like they're having an identity crisis.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »

You like them or you hate them for the way they look but I dare you to ride one.

ultrarider123

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »

Not too shabby but that powder blue (Indian calls is Blue Diamond) option on the Roadmaster hurts in so many different ways  :'(

What is the deal with all the flat textured paints schemes?  I want bright and shiny on any scooter in the Arnold household..... ;D

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 09:39:37 AM »

Oh Howard you should hear the people on the Indian forum screaming about the poor paint schemes. One guy describes that blue RM as a bike two dudes would doing the nasty on. :o

I want to see any motorcycle in person before final judgement on my part. I remember how off some of the Harley colors were on the web. The one I bought looked like chit on the website pic.

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »

Oh Howard you should hear the people on the Indian forum screaming about the poor paint schemes. One guy describes that blue RM as a bike two dudes would doing the nasty on. :o

I want to see any motorcycle in person before final judgement on my part. I remember how off some of the Harley colors were on the web. The one I bought looked like chit on the website pic.
Very True.  When I first saw the Canyon Copper and Stardust Silver FLHTCUSE3 in the brochure I pronounced it the ugliest Harley ever made.  Decied it looked like a freaking clown fish and wondered if they'd sell any...

Then I saw it in the sun and fell in love with the colors.  Then I bought it.  But I did keep my sense of humor.  I named it Screamin Nemo, designed the custom logo and have kept it ever since.

Now if only people would stop giving me stuffed Nemos...

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 10:11:22 AM »

Guess the Harley does it for me, can't stand the Indian look. They run out nice or at least the Vintage I test rode did. Maybe they'll make some design changes in the body work but considering Polaris is still making the Vision look like a POS, I doubt corp has any desire to change. If I want a different V-twin, I'll just keep my Raider.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »

You like them or you hate them for the way they look but I dare you to ride one.
Boy do I agree with you on that one! I for one like "DIFFERENT", and I have ridden all the models except the RM. The Scout is a real screamer too! I have my eye on the Green & Cream ever since they came out. I'm waiting for my wife to cave, and say it's OK to buy one.
The "TAZMUN"

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 10:48:54 AM »

Ain't that the truth.  Looking at the '12 Skunk RG, it was a black and white motorcycle on the web pic but boy how the sunshine changes that bike entirely.  In person is really the best way to base an opinion on a color.  Although I believe that powder blue doesn't have a chance sunshine or not..... ;D

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 01:28:50 PM »

Not too shabby but that powder blue (Indian calls is Blue Diamond) option on the Roadmaster hurts in so many different ways  :'(

What is the deal with all the flat textured paints schemes?  I want bright and shiny on any scooter in the Arnold household..... ;D
I agree. I've seen some Indians in person and the finishes did not look as good as what HD brings to the table. Not enough shine. I can shave in the reflection on my HD. There was no reflection in the tanks and fenders on the Indians. Now, they were all single colors and I've heard that is intentional and they are striving for an antique look. In photos the two-tones appear to have a better shine. I have always liked the traditional Chief fenders, but so far I only like them on a cruiser with leather bags. The Chieftain and Roadmaster don't work for me stylistically, but I'd be willing to bet that they ride well enough. I also noticed on a Chieftain that the lids on the bags don't have a great look. Sort of like the bag is wearing a big hat, the lids seem a little too big all the way around.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:31:04 PM by Puma »
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »

The Scout is the best looking bike in their lineup for a modern styled bike.  If you're into the retro look, they have some good choices.  However, the touring bikes look like they're having an identity crisis.

I agree, the Touring Models do look that way, I know two people who just bought those Ugly things, My goodness! but to each their own ;D

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »

With good colors, I really think the Road Master could be a very nice bike.

I really only look at buying touring type bikes now days with sound systems and such.  Not a fan of the fork mounted Batwing due to wind effects on it, and around trucks.  Not sure if the RM would be the same or not.

I really like the looks of the Indian Chief Vintage.  Im sure I would like the ride, but I would not want it long trips.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 11:23:58 PM »

When i heard that Indian was being released again I was pretty excited as I really wanted something different and there is just nothing besides a Harley on the market that interests me because just like FLSTFI Dave, I only want something with stereo and bags. The local dealer that I have a great relationship with was getting the Indian franchise and put me "on the list" to get one of the first touring bikes that was coming out. I was very disappointed when I saw the first pics for sure. I just kept hoping that it would be one of those "but when you see it in person" deals but in my opinion that did not happen for me.
I do think it has a great motor but looks, fit, finish just does nothing for me personally and it just looks like a different version of a Victory which I get is what it is...
Alan

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »

My one-word description for the Roadmaster still applies... FUGLY!!!

I rode a friend's Vintage last year. Felt just like my wife's old long-since-gone  2008 V-Star 1100 Classic. Terrible handling, top-heavy, nowhere close to a Heritage. In stock form, no faster either. Just didn't feel solid like a Harley to me. Felt just like a metric.

Indian would have to do MUCH better than this before I would ever consider one of their bikes.

But then, I have an FLHXSE3 that was apparently built on a Thursday morning, after church night when nobody on the line had a hangover. Runs like a top... so why would I EVER trade for ANYTHING?  8)

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 04:24:52 PM »

My one-word description for the Roadmaster still applies... FUGLY!!!

I rode a friend's Vintage last year. Felt just like my wife's old long-since-gone  2008 V-Star 1100 Classic. Terrible handling, top-heavy, nowhere close to a Heritage. In stock form, no faster either. Just didn't feel solid like a Harley to me. Felt just like a metric.

Indian would have to do MUCH better than this before I would ever consider one of their bikes.

But then, I have an FLHXSE3 that was apparently built on a Thursday morning, after church night when nobody on the line had a hangover. Runs like a top... so why would I EVER trade for ANYTHING?  8)

Ken

Well since this a Harley we site I expect the favorite to be HD and looks is always subjective but I strongly agree with the  statement about being nowhere near a Heritage. It is way over the Heritage and will out handle even the Road King. I have rode all three. Bring any Heritage and my ole lady will out run that thing in the twisties on my Vintage. To each his own for sure and i like owning both.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 07:48:55 PM »

What is the deal with all the flat textured paints schemes? I want bright and shiny on any scooter in the Arnold household..... ;D

I was thinking the same thing.

That and I still can't make myself like that front fairing design or the angles on the lowers. And they still have to do something about the inner fairing(or lack thereof).
 We sat on one at the Springfield Mass., well actually the're in Westfield but call themselves Indian MC of Springfield trying to tie themselves to the brands birthplace I suppose. Anyway they had an open house event last weekend and the build up to the event said demo rides would be available....none were..big disappointment. I was hoping to take a couple bikes out for a spin especially the Roadmaster with the 111 engine to get a feel for how Polaris is doing things. Oh you can make an appointment for another day an a salesperson will be glad to lead you out on a test ride...... No thanks I can do without a high pressure sales pitch thank you very much  :soapbox:
So as I stated we got to sit on a 2015 Roadmaster and the wife stated that she didn't like the passenger accommodations, the seat to footboard relationship was all wrong for her - seating position is to far back or footboard to far forward and it doesn't look like it could be inexpensively or easily made to work for her - and the backrest didn't offer anywhere near the support or comfort of our CUSE.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »

Well since this a Harley we site I expect the favorite to be HD and looks is always subjective but I strongly agree with the  statement about being nowhere near a Heritage. It is way over the Heritage and will out handle even the Road King. I have rode all three. Bring any Heritage and my ole lady will out run that thing in the twisties on my Vintage. To each his own for sure and i like owning both.

A King will out handle a heritage in the curves every day of the week.  I know, as I run away from my wife when I am on the King and she is on her Heritage.  When she is on her Road Glide, I can not shake her in the curves.

So you are saying that the Indian Vintage will out handle the King, then it would also out handle the Street Glide and the Road Glide, as the only difference between the three is no fairing, bat wing fairing or, frame mounted fairing.  This is very interesting to me. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »

No Indian dealer anywhere close makes owning one very iffy even if I wanted one.  Next opportunity I am planning to test ride the touring models.  Not a fan of the fairing design especially the chrome piece.  Would like to see how they handle on the road.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »

No Indian dealer anywhere close makes owning one very iffy

This is a real consideration when making a purchase decision. The only dealer in my state is over fifty miles north. Not that far, but a PITA if you were setting up appointments and waiting for the bike.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 10:59:46 AM »

Dealers are a consideration, no doubt.  In our case, our nearest dealers are in Springfield Missouri (almost 2 hours), Fayetteville, Ar (3 hours), or Little Rock or Joneboro, Ar (3.5 hours). 

That's a little scary, but hey...look at what's in our garage!!!   :D

Rather our Big Blue than the crrrrrreeeeeeepy blue of that RM!   :nervous:
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 11:37:03 AM »

Dealers are a consideration, no doubt.  In our case, our nearest dealers are in Springfield Missouri (almost 2 hours), Fayetteville, Ar (3 hours), or Little Rock or Joneboro, Ar (3.5 hours).

Not close, but I think the key to this is your state has multiple options for dealers compared to just one. If for some reason you didn't like doing business with the one dealer it wouldn't be good. I'd like to check out the new Indians so will probably plan a trip up to have a look.

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 11:44:55 AM »

Are all Polaris dealer's Indian Dealers or is a separate franchise?  We don't have any within 25 miles of my house which is one reason why I haven't considered one (or a victory) other than when bitching about how I hate how Harley's failed at Quality Control and Innovation.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2015, 12:23:11 PM »

Just can't get my head around 'em.  The Chief looks cheaped up.  To me, anyway.  And, the Rocker Boxes on the Scout?   :nixweiss:  Later--HUBBARD 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:26:04 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:44 PM »

Are all Polaris dealer's Indian Dealers or is a separate franchise?  We don't have any within 25 miles of my house which is one reason why I haven't considered one (or a victory) other than when bitching about how I hate how Harley's failed at Quality Control and Innovation.

Polaris dealers here are not Indian dealers.  Not sure about elsewhere.  Dealers are 2 hours + from here.

One thing have noticed - Indian is as ridiculously overpriced proud of their accessories & add ons as Harley.  Maybe even higher priced than HD.  Appears they are taking their marketing cues here from HD.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

tdkkart

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 01:39:53 PM »

Dealership location is a definite consideration, and may very well be the reason it will be a LONG shot if I ever buy a Polaris/Indian/Victory product. The closest dealer, less than 2 miles from my work is part of the local "biggy mart" of auto dealers who are COLOSSAL ass-hat scam artists.
I have not set foot on any of their properties in over 10 years, and never will.
The next closest dealers are 50-60 miles away in 2 different directions.
2015 CVO Road Glide

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 03:33:48 PM »

Here in Central NJ, I have four Victory dealers less than an hour away. One is less than ten miles. Two are 20 to 25, and there is one about 55 miles away. That last one is the only one selling Indian. Also one on Staten Island that is less than an hour if there isn't traffic, but not a great place to ride to, and another in Pennsylvania about an hour and 20.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 09:49:21 PM »

This is a real consideration when making a purchase decision. The only dealer in my state is over fifty miles north. Not that far, but a PITA if you were setting up appointments and waiting for the bike.
56 Miles from my house to the Harley dealer I use.  There is one 42 miles from my, but its much easier to you the Farther one.  The farther one treats me better and has a BBQ Joint and Beer while you wait, the closer one does not.

Heck, I  do not even have a car dealer with in 25 miles of my house.  So a Dealer being an hour or so a way is no big deal.  The new Indian dealer I believe is closer than the Harley dealer I use.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:52:20 PM by FLSTFI Dave »

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »

Interesting to see how many whine over how bad HD is but the defend the heck out of them when compared to another manufacturer. More emotions than facts it seems like

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »

Interesting to see how many whine over how bad HD is but the defend the heck out of them when compared to another manufacturer. More emotions than facts it seems like
kinda, like brothers....

J-Carr

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »

Here in Central NJ, I have four Victory dealers less than an hour away. One is less than ten miles. Two are 20 to 25, and there is one about 55 miles away. That last one is the only one selling Indian. Also one on Staten Island that is less than an hour if there isn't traffic, but not a great place to ride to, and another in Pennsylvania about an hour and 20.
Is the one you're referring to in PA in Center Valley near Allentown?  They opened one there this year.  The funniest part about it is its in the old Harley dealerships building.  They went under and HD never put another dealership in the lehigh valley but Indian figures the third largest market in PA after Philly and Pittsburgh is good enough for them.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 09:30:16 PM »

Last year we had one Indian dealer within 90 miles, now we have 3 within 50 miles, and ones about 25 miles.
They are coming, believe me. I've been in central Wisconsin and wish I could have found a Harley dealer within 100
miles. When in northern Wisconsin, upper Michigan, its a long way to find a Harley dealer or any other when the bike decides to quit!

After reading the posts, either you like the bikes or you don't! I personally wish I had enough money to have one of every brand.
I love them all and yes they all are different and don't look like Harleys! Kind of like cars and trucks, everyone likes something else.
Just another opinion! Oh, my wife and I like scooters too, we each got one!

Tazmun
The "TAZMUN"

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »

Is the one you're referring to in PA in Center Valley near Allentown?  They opened one there this year.  The funniest part about it is its in the old Harley dealerships building.  They went under and HD never put another dealership in the lehigh valley but Indian figures the third largest market in PA after Philly and Pittsburgh is good enough for them.
I was referring to Bromley in Trevose. They are a Vic dealer. I haven't really searched much for Indian dealers. I know about the one because they are also a Vic dealer.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »

A King will out handle a heritage in the curves every day of the week.  I know, as I run away from my wife when I am on the King and she is on her Heritage.  When she is on her Road Glide, I can not shake her in the curves.

So you are saying that the Indian Vintage will out handle the King, then it would also out handle the Street Glide and the Road Glide, as the only difference between the three is no fairing, bat wing fairing or, frame mounted fairing.  This is very interesting to me.

It will rival the touring Harleys. I have been wanting to ride with you and Howard but it had not come to pass yet. I would like to meet you and Howard and bring the Vintage and let the both of you ride it and make your own conclusions. 

We went on a three day tour and i took it and everywhere we stopped the only bike the people wanted to know about was the Indian. While was inside the store a person asked the lady traveling with us about the Vintage and when i got out she said she was going to charge me for explaining the bike to the onlookers. :D  Driving down the road people are pointing and giving thumbs up, it's like riding in the Bentley.

The RM and Chieftain do have odd fairings and bags. The lowers on the RM still wig me out a bit.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 03:00:54 PM »

One thing have noticed - Indian is as ridiculously overpriced proud of their accessories & add ons as Harley.  Maybe even higher priced than HD.  Appears they are taking their marketing cues here from HD.

That's for damn sure!

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »

This one is popular everywhere we go. It has a habit of making Harley's invisible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:57:02 PM by Dr.D »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2015, 07:49:24 PM »

This one is popular everywhere we go. It has a habit of making Harley's invisible.
very nice!   :2vrolijk_21: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »

My wife just bought a new scout and currently leaves all the other bikes in the garage including her FXRC.  She is looking to sell her 06 CVO Fat Boy to get a Chief.  I can only say, ride one before you make final judgment.  We currently own 6 Harleys, a F6B Honda and a Buell, but I will never buy another new Harley.  If I was to need or want another new bike, I would go straight to the Indian Dealer.  They are a step up from from what Harley is currently making.  I love my Harleys but I am tired of being R and D for the motor company.  I have dealt with the issue of the 1979 Low Rider with a die cast primary that cracked, a 1980 Sturgis that the front and rear belts caused major problems, the 1983 1/2 Softail with the sticking valve guide seals and the remote oil filter hooked up backwards, etc. I have yet to but a new Harley that did not cause me grief.  You would think I would have learned by now.  It is nice to have something else to consider when buying a V-Twin cruiser.  Keep the rubber side down and enjoy whatever you ride regardless of brand.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »

A long time riding buddy bought a new Indian last summer and loves it so far except a small problem in Sturgis right now. Before he left he showed me his "Oil Change Kit". Oil and filter in a fancy box right at $100. and he had to have it shipped to him as the nearest dealer is several hours from him. Funny he wears an Indian shirt now and hat. ;D

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »

The Indian look is not for me.  I think I would get tired of the retro (or as Indian riders call it, "classic look").  The monster piece of chrome on the fairing and the integrated running lamps just don't do it for me.
Now, the Victory's....... that's a different story.  The Cross Country is a sweet looking scooter.  I have a great friend that is rebuilding a old 4wd truck in his garage and wanted to get his scooter out of the way during his rebuild, so he brought it to me a couple of weeks ago & told me to ride it all I want.  This 2010 Cross Country is a pretty sweet ride... good looks (IMO) and great power. 
I've been researching Victory.... and guess what??  Very few mechanical problems.  Seems pretty appealing to me.
I've got some thinking to do, regarding my next scooter purchase (which will probably happen before the end of 2015)   :bandana:

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »

The Indian look is not for me.  I think I would get tired of the retro (or as Indian riders call it, "classic look").  The monster piece of chrome on the fairing and the integrated running lamps just don't do it for me.
Now, the Victory's....... that's a different story.  The Cross Country is a sweet looking scooter.  I have a great friend that is rebuilding a old 4wd truck in his garage and wanted to get his scooter out of the way during his rebuild, so he brought it to me a couple of weeks ago & told me to ride it all I want.  This 2010 Cross Country is a pretty sweet ride... good looks (IMO) and great power. 
I've been researching Victory.... and guess what??  Very few mechanical problems.  Seems pretty appealing to me.
I've got some thinking to do, regarding my next scooter purchase (which will probably happen before the end of 2015)   :bandana:
I too am looking at Victory, but for me it is about cost. My Harleys have been great bikes. I got six years out of my Heritage with no problems. I traded it on the 2014 CVO King which has been great so far, but the payments are killing me. I think for what I can afford I can get a nice leftover Cross Country, while the Harleys at the same price are Dynas, or used.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »

I sat on the Victory Cross Tour at the dealer the other day and it was a large roomy bike very comfortable for a man over six feet tall. It just feels big. I think victory and Indian are polar opposites one being retro and the other futuristic.

We'll see just how exciting the new models from Harley are this year.??????

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2015, 02:23:39 PM »

My friend has a Cross Country and got a rock in his belt. Said best part was only took half hour to replace.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 24 queries.