Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hollister Rally on the ropes  (Read 3706 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Hollister Rally on the ropes
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 11:01:20 AM »

That's good to hear. I wonder if the city has thought about the money they will loose not being able to collect vendor fees, and other fees associated from having an organized rally. The people will still come, and they will get revenue from restaurants/bars (sales tax), etc, but it would seem they would loose (even more then what they complaining about loosing in previous year) in other areas. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

That's what I'm thinking, too.  They've got somebody waving cash in their face but they panic and fold. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FXRon2

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 03:51:39 AM »

Will They Come Anyway?

You bet they will!!! I've gone 5 out of the last 6 years, and I'll be going this year for sure. My buddy's sister lives just outside of town, and we all stay at their place. Their whole neighborhood is biker oriented. On Saturday, they have a big party at one of the houses while a band sets up in the garage of the house accross the street. About 5:oo pm everyone goes to the band house and hangs out there the rest of the night. It's a blast....they really have it down...

And yes, we'll be with the thousands of other bikers (and people pushing strollers? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] (did someone say the Hollister Independence Stroller Rally?)). in downtown Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

Heck, me and my buddies showed up at Bridgeport for the two years After they officially cancelled that run. Assholes....

Just when I thought the City of San Diego's city government is the most screwed up, along comes Hollister's and gives 'em a run for their money....go figure...

Ride Early and Ride Often...to where ever you want to go. God Bless America...

Ron
1999 FXR2
1999 FLHR
1996 FXSTSB (Bad Boy)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 09:43:04 PM »

That sure a shame that some people are so narrow mined, Hollister was a great show. I'll be there also but it won't be the same, and one thing is for sure we're all going the have to be very careful because the cops are going to be looking for any excuse to ticket us. Before they looked the other way on some things.

P. S. For all those that have never seen just how big the show is, I've posted a Pic of down town parking, keep in mind the Pic is just one half of the parking.

FXRon2

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 11:32:38 AM »

Iselbulls,

Well, my buddy's sister just said there was something in the news last week that after the Hollister city council flaked out, some city leaders in San Juan Batista announced that they are going to try to put on a big party for Saturday (just saturday I think). I don't know exactly where or what is scheduled, but I guess that's some good news.

Ron
1999 FXR2
1999 FLHR
1996 FXSTSB (Bad Boy)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 02:15:06 PM »

Well for what's worth, Arizona Bike Week is getting bigger every year and with the event taking place the 1st week of April it's a great chance to do some desert riding without scortching your ass off. As to Holister, seems like some folks decide if they aren't gaining anything from it, they don't want it. Shortsighted to be sure, since the business generated during the run might well be what keeps their favorite bar or restaurant profitable for the year. Some people just can't see the whole picture.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.