Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: MINING TRADGEDY  (Read 4297 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

MINING TRADGEDY
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:53:33 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of this Great Site,
  This may be somewhat non-related to our Cause, but I feel compelled to express my thoughts concerning the terrible Mining accident, in the Northern part of the Great State Of WV, which has resulted in the untimely death of 12 Miners.  As I was raised in a Coal Camp, and my Father was killed in a Mining accident, I can relate to the pain and suffering these people are experiencing.  Most of the People outside of WV, just don't realize how dangerous the work environment is, for Underground Miners, and, that the result of their efforts "Keeps the Lights On", for Millions of Americans.  For those of us here, who believe in Prayer, I humbly ask you to summon the Almighty, to comfort these Widows and Orphans, and give them strength.  They're gonna' need it.  Thank you--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: MINING TRADGEDY
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »

Been thinking about this tragedy all day.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 01:27:33 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »

Been thinking about this tragedy all day.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 02:18:45 PM »

I'm glad you posted this thread Hub.  I was about to send you a PM on this subject after staying up a good bit of the night watching the coverage.  One of my closest friends was killed some years back in a collapse after returning to the family mining business in KY.  I can speak from personal experience that these are some of the most hardworking, loyal and true Americans to be found.  I hope everyone understands the enormity of the loss of these men and the impact on their families.    Please convey my prayers and sympathies to your many friends in the industry.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

Thanks for the insight Hub.It's truly a tragedy.

My grandfather and great-uncle were coal miners way back when, and I still remember their great stories and how quiet they got whenver there was another mine disaster. Even long after they were out of that business. My thoughts and prayers go out to the familes.

The news media have become sluts to their ratings and profit centers, fighting over who will be first to break news and get headlines. Doesn't matter if it's true or not, much less how it affects or hurts people after the fact.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 10:02:38 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

Amen to all the previous sentiments - here in UK we too have had our share of mining losses.

My heart goes out to the poor families who were led shamelessly by the media whores to believe a miracle had happend only to have their hopes cruelly dashed when the truth was made public.

My thoughts are with them at this terrible time

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 04:45:33 PM »

God Bless and care for the families left behind. The coal industry supports a hugh part of business that Cummins Engine Company I work for receive and I have the utmost respect for these hard working people.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 05:29:33 PM »

As a kid (12/13 yrs. old), I got to experience living in a mining community in Utah for several years.  I remember it very well.  My prayers go out for these guys and for their families, friends and all the other miners that are still going down there!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »

I echo the sentiments of the previous posts. Our thought and prayers are with all the families involved.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 09:55:01 PM »

A tragic event, like others, that should never go unforgotten.

We all have a purpose on this earth and will realize it sooner or later.

GOD Bless ALL those involved.

Jock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 10:00:03 PM »

Was reading some news last night when the initial reports of survivors started bleeding across the wire services.  Then later as the corrected reports started showing up.  It was horrifying.  Impossible to get your mind around what the families and friends suffered through during that short span of time when you know they couldn't force themselves to believe the "new" news as the death reports started coming in.

Hub, when you hit the roads to the west the mining in the upper states is all open.  Given all the safety issues and greater health concerns it seems that most coal mining in the US is done that way anymore.  Does your part of country still have a lot of deep shaft mining?  Or is it just that whatever fewer deep shaft mines are left are the ones more likely to suffer accidents so those are the ones we hear about?

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 11:19:09 PM »

They are in my prayers. I've been thinking about them all day.

God Bless and give them strength.

Grover

RedFXR2

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 10:33:02 AM »

KXL

• Junior CVO Member
  • Damn -- Another Mid-Life Crisis !!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 12:00:06 PM »

Hubbard -- thanks for the post.

Same sentiments as others.

Prayers and condolences to families and friends of those lost.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 06:33:50 PM »

We all don't know when, where, or how we will go. When a tragedy like this happens I realize I have NO PROBLEMS and Thank the Lord for giving me another day on this earth. My Faith gives me peace and I do not fear death. As a believer in Jesus Christ we have victory over death and death is the beginning of life, Eternal Life! John 3:16

When ever I see any tragedy, especially a young person, it weighs heavily on my heart. These families need All our prayers and love. I pray for God's peace and strength to all the families and pray that they are ministered to in their time of grief so they may have Hope!

Thanks for post Hub.  

JR            
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.