Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: MOCO Dealer Show in Dallas.........  (Read 3623 times)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
MOCO Dealer Show in Dallas.........
« on: January 13, 2006, 01:41:40 PM »

I believe the mid-year MOCO dealer show is next weekend in Dallas. I'm starting this thread as place to post all "news" as it becomes available from the big show............ [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

If you have any confirmed new items or news before hand go ahead and list them here too.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: MOCO Dealer Show in Dallas.........
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 05:26:27 PM »

That would be a great time and place for all those CVO bikes with paint defects to bring them and park right in front by the cameras and ask questions of the MOCO ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 09:49:26 PM »

That would be a great time and place for all those CVO bikes with paint defects to bring them and park right in front by the cameras and ask questions of the MOCO ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Actually, its a "Dealer Show" in Dallas so you probably wouldn't be enlightening anyone........or exposing the issue's to other potential buyer's [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Now if you want to make an impression......gather up as many bikes with issue's as you can and enter them into the MOCO's "Harley only Bike Show" at either the Daytona (Bkeweek) or Rapid City(Sturgis) Convention Center's this year.

Then make up some sign's you could lay next to the bike pointing out your unresolved issue's. They may actually respond to your concerns in such a venue since they wouldn't want the negetive publicity.

(Just don't expect to take home a trophy....... ;D)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:13:07 AM »

Judging from the friends I know who will be attending the Dallas Show, there will be a great deal of discussion about the paint issue originating from the dealers.  In some cases, the dealers don't want to deal with the paint issues any more than the customers.  The answers the MoCo provides the dealers should be quite interesting.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 12:58:38 PM »

Just out of curiosity, this paint issue actually started back a ways right ? Both of my 03 SERK's have had paint "issues"  and 00 SERG wasn't the best paint work ever to leave the factory In my opinion, this issue started when the MoCo opened their new "state of the art"  (their words) paint facility a few years ago. The robots don't give a f_ _ _ like real people do. By the way, this is why I'm so hot to buy up extra paint sets. I figure with enough parts I might get a complete set with no defects. Yeah I'm a little more than over the top on this, but even though there's well over three thousand 03 SERKs out there I still love mine more than the 20 or so bikes other I've owned.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »

I understand that the 2 dealer shows each year are where the MoCo introduces new accessories.  I'm still looking for an oil temp gauge with spun aluminum face for my SEEG, so I'll be watching this thread hoping it happens this time.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »

I understand that the 2 dealer shows each year are where the MoCo introduces new accessories.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mattm

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »

Does anyone have a pic of the Roger McEwan spun metal oil temp gauge they could post?  I have searched this fourm from top to bottom, and seen many references to this gauge, but have not seen any pics.  The curiosity is killing me.  I plan to replace the useless air temp gauge with either an oil temp gauge, AFR gauge (requires o2 sensor), or a compass (BFD right?).

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:43 PM »

The Harley Davidson website now has all the "new" parts and accessories introduced at the Dealer show in Dallas posted.........

www.harleydavidson.com

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »

OK, The Oil Temp / Level dipstick is going to pull me back in ... I vowed to never use the LCD one again when I blew out the last one...but...I think I have to have this one that also lets you check the level!

/Bill
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 01:43:35 PM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »

I took a look and was surprised to see how expensive the leather tour pack was! :o

For those of you who are jealious of us 2006 FLHTCUSE owners you too can own this for only $1,499 plus the installation kit for $399 so for almost $1,900 you can have one too! ;D

I also saw H-D has come out with their own airhorn for $124.95 but touring models need the installation kit for an added $49.95. (Why does H-D do this? other companies sell horns as an all in one kit)
I would like the increased sound though.
WFP I wonder if the new digital dipstick will be an improvement over the last version. I heard it had problems as i guess you well know.
I wonder if the dealers discussed the paint and CB issues on the 2006 bikes?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 02:13:19 PM »

Actually, its a "Dealer Show" in Dallas so you probably wouldn't be enlightening anyone........or exposing the issue's to other potential buyer's [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Now if you want to make an impression......gather up as many bikes with issue's as you can and enter them into the MOCO's "Harley only Bike Show" at either the Daytona (Bkeweek) or Rapid City(Sturgis) Convention Center's this year.

Then make up some sign's you could lay next to the bike pointing out your unresolved issue's. They may actually respond to your concerns in such a venue since they wouldn't want the negetive publicity.

(Just don't expect to take home a trophy....... ;D)

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fatboy,
  That's a good idea!  However, as far my experience goes with other Manufacturers, on issues such as these, their "Bouncers" would command all of you to remove the signs, or you all would be removed, for disrupting the Show.  They don't want that boat rocked, for the whole world to see.  JMHO.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 02:25:53 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fatboy,

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »

Check this out........... Move over Destroyer you've got company..........            

BUELL INTRODUCES XBRR PRODUCTION RACING MOTORCYCLE

EAST TROY, Wis. (January 23, 2006) - Erik Buell and company come full circle with the introduction of the 2007 Buell XBRR, a limited-edition production racing motorcycle designed exclusively for closed course competition. A spiritual successor to Buell

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 04:48:30 PM »

The Destroyer and what this new Buell product will likely be are gorgeous looking machines for their job.  Hot right out of the box is a tough thing to beat.  This may speak to why I stopped driving on the track several years ago, but to me things like the Destroyer and this new bike would take a lot of the fun out of it though.  Just because they good right out of the box.  Granted, folks will use them as platforms to work from.  But others won't.  And they'll have generally competitive machines without having to to have built and thought and designed and sweated out the details.  For me the building and developing was always as much fun as the racing.  Just knocking off the crate and taking it to the track would only be half the fun.....

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 09:32:43 AM »

Thats an ugly looking air horn IMHO.  And still no spun oil temp gauge.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 10:56:51 AM »

I agree... the air horn IS ugly. I wouldn't put the 2 new stock horn covers on my bike either. Must be a slow week in the new products division. (All IMHO)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 11:20:01 AM »

I talked to 2 friends attending the show and their takes were exactly the same: "BORING & nothing exciting being introduced".

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 08:54:22 PM »

Well as I looked at the air horn,  the horn part looks cool but they mounted the compressor on the rear of the horn and it looks like plain black plastic.  
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 24 queries.