Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Random Debate about Sapper's bike (that he doesn't have yet)!!!  (Read 13959 times)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
Re: Random Debate about Sapper's bike (that he doesn't have yet)!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »

Up to this point I would really like to thank all the members of this site.  I can say that I have not met a member here who has not gone out of their way to be helpful.  I've not started many threads myself thus far in my membership here, but.....

I did start this thread to try and coax some more pictures out of the SESG members, but it didn't seem to be getting much play that way.  Interesting how these threads can take on a life of their own.  Like to continue this thread though with other suggestions about the bike if people are interested.  I had hoped to start a thread with my own Mod progression and maybe this is the place to list all the stuff I've already bought for a bike I don't own...

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 03:11:55 PM »

The first thing I bought for the bike yet to be mine was a used KTP off of ebay.  LarryB showed me what could be done with one on his Grey Ghost and we've talked about him painting the KTP for me.  I may decide to be that elaborate, or I may cheap out and go with just a single color.  I saw the gorgeous one that JZ has and although it is outstanding, I decided that I wanted one with lights, because I would likely only have it on while the wife is on the back and I like the thought of the extra margin of safety provided by the lights.

Here is a picture of the used KTP I purchased off of Ebay.  It is off of a '08 Ultra.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

Yesterday I bought a new Corbin Classic Solo Seat with heat off of HD-dude and asked him to throw in a Corbin Leather Ovalbac backrest as well.  The seat has the same blue flame job as JCZ's, but has a "nose job" which is intended to help the crotchal reach for us vertically challenged Sappers.  No pics of the ACTUAL seat yet, but I know what I'm getting from Dude and it was exactly what I was lookin for.  As others have mentioned I really do want the Grape, but I would be happy with any of the colors :2vrolijk_21:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »

More ebay fishing yeilded an early catch.  Actually think this was before the TP....

I found a used Hawg Wired PSC/DX Double shot system...

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »

Isn't this how Cybil got started? :'(

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »

CoalvilleBob was gracious enough to sell me his used Zumo 550.  He's moved on to the 660 and I did want the XM feature so I'm happy there.  CoalvilleBob is a great guy and BTW if you do complete the Hoka Key ride I really want to see pictures.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »

The title alone is some funny chit. :huepfenlol2:  Not funny for you, of course.....but made me chuckle. :2vrolijk_21:

Any of the SESGs are a winner.......we all know that.  But of course I'm partial to the blue and I'm not done yet, with mine.  More will be revealed.

As for the blue stitched seat.....if you go with another color of bike, I don't think you'd have any problem selling that seat for full value (it's new and they wouldn't have to wait) or.........send it back to Corbin to be recovered in the same pattern with a different color (I'm sure that wouldn't cost much).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

The first thing I bought for the bike yet to be mine was a used KTP off of ebay.  LarryB showed me what could be done with one on his Grey Ghost and we've talked about him painting the KTP for me.  I may decide to be that elaborate, or I may cheap out and go with just a single color.  I saw the gorgeous one that JZ has and although it is outstanding, I decided that I wanted one with lights, because I would likely only have it on while the wife is on the back and I like the thought of the extra margin of safety provided by the lights.

Here is a picture of the used KTP I purchased off of Ebay.  It is off of a '08 Ultra.

I agree 100% on your thinking on the extra lighting.  And painted the matching color (what ever color you go with) and the chrome trim around the corner marker lights as well as the side marker lights........that tour pack will make mine look plain (hell, it is).  

As far as the extra lighting goes, I ordered the tour pack spoiler (with LED light) and the saddle bag spoilers with LED run, stop, turn lights in them......for the same reason (I've had two friends killed by drunk drivers while sitting at a red light......seperate accidents, years apart).  But decided against the saddle bag spoilers because I wanted to keep the clean lines of the tail section on the SESG so I sold them to Bill (WFP).  By the way, I'm thinkin he should be well on his way to getting his SESG tricked out, too.  We know Bill has some very nice rides and goes the extra mile, also. :2vrolijk_21:  He's been way to quiet in this section of the board.  Give it up Bill........ :worthless:

Anyway Sapper.......what ever color you end up with, I know it's going to be damn nice when you get done with it and look forward to seeing some photos and hopefully we'll be able to put a few miles down together, some day. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 03:56:32 PM »

The title alone is some funny chit. :huepfenlol2:  Not funny for you, of course.....but made me chuckle. :2vrolijk_21:

Any of the SESGs are a winner.......we all know that.  But of course I'm partial to the blue and I'm not done yet, with mine.  More will be revealed.  Tease

As for the blue stitched seat.....if you go with another color of bike, I don't think you'd have any problem selling that seat for full value (it's new and they wouldn't have to wait) or.........send it back to Corbin to be recovered in the same pattern with a different color (I'm sure that wouldn't cost much).

I'm sure your right about the seat JC.  I had to buy it anyway so that I could reverse tactics on my wife.....    "IT WAS ON SALE"  

MKW got lucky I think with ENCS.  They hooked him up off the bat.  I was told I'd have to wait till January for another shot and even then nothing would be guaranteed....    They say that the new allocations should not be an issue though, so the wait continues.  

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 04:03:20 PM »

As far as the extra lighting goes, I ordered the tour pack spoiler (with LED light) and the saddle bag spoilers with LED run, stop, turn lights in them......for the same reason (I've had two friends killed by drunk drivers while sitting at a red light......seperate accidents, years apart)

HarleyPingman sent me the part numbers for the new LED tour pack lights that are on the new CVO ultra's.  The setup is not restricted and I thought very seriously about going that route, but in the end decided I didn't need to be that original.  Maybe someday though

hopefully we'll be able to put a few miles down together, some day. :2vrolijk_21:

I would really enjoy the opportunity to ride with you and some of the guys out west some time.  I took a ride similar to the one you wrote about (Zion national park/Brice canyon etc.) before the deployment and I want to return with the wife on another ride out there.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »

Correct to some extent.  Here is some more info and you can let me know what you think.  (see again I'm ignoring rules 5 and 6).  I can save about 3-4k out the door with ENCS (Exchange new car sales).  I may not get to dictate the color though.  If I can get a Grape that will be my first choice.  If not than I dye the thread on the seat black and ride what I get. :nixweiss:  Thoughts?
you should be able to request the color that you want.  I bought my first HD back in the old days through HD Military Sales and had total control over what color I wanted and where and when I wanted it deliverd.  Now the when part might be a little harder with a CVO, but the where and color should still be your choice with them. You said you weren't getting back until May, so you'll be getting towards the end of the production run of the 2010s, so you may have to go with whatever color they're putting together at that time.   :nixweiss:  Either way, I know you'll be happy.  :2vrolijk_21:
:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »

you should be able to request the color that you want.  I bought my first HD back in the old days through HD Military Sales and had total control over what color I wanted and where and when I wanted it deliverd.  Now the when part might be a little harder with a CVO, but the where and color should still be your choice with them. You said you weren't getting back until May, so you'll be getting towards the end of the production run of the 2010s, so you may have to go with whatever color they're putting together at that time.   :nixweiss:  Either way, I know you'll be happy.  :2vrolijk_21:
:devil:

Red,

I don't recall the exact source, but I believe they didn't actually start offering CVO's until a few years ago.  Now they will let you pick the color, but it affects your likelihood of receiving that bike (per the CVO's).  I've told the sales reps my priority, but have also told them not to exclude me from other offerings in the hopes that it will ensure I at least get a bike.

I met and started corresponding with the dealer in Kuwait before we made the push up North.  That's the same dealer that MKW used to get his TS.  The dealer got two bikes in the initial push.  Mark got the TS and the dealer emailed me saying he had a SR.  I was out of the wire for about a week and no email till I got back and he'd already moved the bike.

Now I've got a deposit down and I'm on a priority list (don't know where I fall) which is the best I can do for now.

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »

Sapper-

Just installed the double shot HWs on the bike.....they are awesome, you won't be disappointed!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »

Isn't this how Cybil got started? :'(

OK....   Me and Hoist!  I couldn't even begin to keep up. :huepfenjump3:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »

I know most here would not consider going this route, but does anyone have pictures of a zumo mounted to the inner fairing?  I was thinking about this method, because I don't plan to share the zumo out with any other bike.  I also plan to use it to play MP3's and XM so regardless of the destination I'll be using it for music.  That said I don't plan to remove it and I'm not going to get overly hung up about what it looks like when it's not mounted, I don't think.......

I can pick up another inner for about 100 bucks delivered, and have it painted with the tour pack (packs?) for not much more.  Drill that one for the mount and if I ever decide to sell/trade put the original back in.  I guess the total damage would probably be about $150-175 which is about as much as many have paid for their handlebar mounts.  The fairing mount came with the zumo I bout from CoalvilleBob.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.