Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bracket to fix "Seat Gap"------Maybe  (Read 2072 times)

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
Bracket to fix "Seat Gap"------Maybe
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »

Let me start by saying I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS WILL WORK.  I found this bracket, and it looks like the  ones 2009_FLTRSEI3 was offering, but chrome plated instead of stainless steel.  I would gladly have bought one of his brackets, but it seems they were a "limited production" item.  I just ordered this bracket from J&P Cycles for a grand total of $19.73 ($9.99 for the bracket, $1.75 handling and $7.99 shipping)  Although I think the shipping and handling fee is excessive, it will be worth it IF this fixes my gap issue.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/820-195

From Mustang Website: (This makes me think the holes for the bracket will line up properly)

Most Mustang seats are designed to install just like your stock seat--using the same mounting points and hardware as your original seat. It usually takes about fifteen minutes to remove the stock seat and install your new Mustang seat.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:56:39 AM by ScreaminStreetGlide »
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

Ron Hawkins

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG Stardust Silver
Re: Bracket to fix "Seat Gap"------Maybe
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »

SSG , Let us know what you find out when you gett it .

Ron In ICT
Ron In ICT
Silver 09 SERG
I.B.A. 45113

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »

SSG , Let us know what you find out when you gett it .

Ron In ICT

I will, but it will be a long wait.  Bike is in winter storage at the dealer.  Don't plan to get it till April sometime.  At least I will have a shiny chrome seat bracket to look at.  It shipped already, a couple hours after I ordered it.
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

Ron Hawkins

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG Stardust Silver
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 12:16:18 AM »

Mines coverd in storage also,however in my shop.! I think thats worse,walk thru the snow to the shop and look at the bike sitting there !!!

Ron in ICT
Ron In ICT
Silver 09 SERG
I.B.A. 45113

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »

Let me start by saying I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS WILL WORK.  I found this bracket, and it looks like the  ones 2009_FLTRSEI3 was offering, but chrome plated instead of stainless steel.  I would gladly have bought one of his brackets, but it seems they were a "limited production" item.  I just ordered this bracket from J&P Cycles for a grand total of $19.73 ($9.99 for the bracket, $1.75 handling and $7.99 shipping)  Although I think the shipping and handling fee is excessive, it will be worth it IF this fixes my gap issue.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/820-195

From Mustang Website: (This makes me think the holes for the bracket will line up properly)

Most Mustang seats are designed to install just like your stock seat--using the same mounting points and hardware as your original seat. It usually takes about fifteen minutes to remove the stock seat and install your new Mustang seat.

Its been tried with small success, The seat is manufactured a min 1.5" to max of 2" shorter than all the other seats. In order to push it forward enough to make that gap up the entire seat will be out of position to the frame and likely cause the weak pan to distort even further. Any other Harley touring seat will fit just fine. Replacing the seat is the best option unless Harley admits they spec'd the seat wrong and supplies replacements. I don't see that happening any time soon. especially after they posted the massive 4th quarter losses.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 09:56:21 PM »

Its been tried with small success, The seat is manufactured a min 1.5" to max of 2" shorter than all the other seats. In order to push it forward enough to make that gap up the entire seat will be out of position to the frame and likely cause the weak pan to distort even further. Any other Harley touring seat will fit just fine. Replacing the seat is the best option unless Harley admits they spec'd the seat wrong and supplies replacements. I don't see that happening any time soon. especially after they posted the massive 4th quarter losses.

Agreed wheels, after speaking with MoCos customer service dept about this issue, I had a feeling that they were not doing much to rectify the situation other than giving me a "confirmation" number for calling and sending me on my merry way.  Two folks who can certainly help you with the seat gap issue is Chuck & Chuy at C & C seats!      :nixweiss:
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 11:30:36 PM »

There is this whole other thread that this thread should be linked to...http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=41251.0
Does anyone have pics of the bracket installed? before and after :nixweiss:
Hawg

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 21 queries.