Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: FXR HISTORY  (Read 290227 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: HISTORY OF THE FXR
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2008, 10:02:05 PM »

Good eye, buddy!  Profile low shocks in the rear, stock FXR up front! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks, Good excuse to use the taller bitubos with the AK-20! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Reddog74usa

« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2008, 10:37:11 PM »

Talk about versitile. Heres mine, 87 FXRS notice anything different

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2008, 11:00:51 PM »

Holy crap!  Sqeezed a TC in there, eh?!? :o

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2008, 11:04:04 PM »

Wow! What a first post!!! Very cool job! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Welcome aboard from another FXR owner!!! ::) ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2008, 11:06:22 PM »

Wow! What a first post!!! Very cool job! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Welcome aboard from another FXR owner!!! ::) ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie, time to update the list of bikes under the avatar! ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2008, 11:07:32 PM »

Howie, time to update the list of bikes under the avatar! ;)

Oh yeah Brian!!! :2vrolijk_21:

I was too busy registering my new bike in the Blue 3 FXR Registry!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:47:31 PM by Hoist! »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2008, 11:49:15 PM »

Very nice... :2vrolijk_21:...we've got to know more.... 8)...details, details.  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2008, 02:53:13 AM »

Reddog74usa,

Welcome, and thanks coming over to the site and for posting a photo of your bike, you have an audience waiting to hear what you have done ie: Twin Cam engine being placed into your FXR.....we all look forward to hearing about it....

Regards,

Tim

strat94

• Then & now.
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »

just got her 1990 fxrs with 6700 miles
(*;-)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »

Strat94.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! .....thanks for posting and welcome to this wonderful site.....hey...when the dust settles....ok...actually "soon" lol when time allows please come back and post about the specifics of your bike....since you have a 1990 FXRS, I would like to know if it's a 1990 FXRS Low Rider or a 1990 FXRS-SP Low Rider Sport Edition. You have the vin# of course and you can always contact Harley Davidson's Customer Service number and provide the vin# and they can tell you the exact model you have, if you don't actually know...just giving you some options if you have no idea....So if you were provided any literature about the bike....sharing with us the following information will definitely add to the History of the FXR:

Uh huh you thought this was going to be easy.....but the only way to make this "HISTORY" more valuable to us all is telling us what you know....lol [I am sort of teasing here, just to be clear]....but do tell us about the bike, I sure want to know more about it...and whom better to learn from, than from an actual owner.....even if you have no clue you can always come in and EDIT your post above and keep filling in information......

Type of engine whether wrinkle black and chrome or polished or whether it is Polished Aluminum & Silver Wrinkle Power Plant
Length
Seat Height
Ground Clearance
Rake/Trail   degrees/
Wheelbase
Dry Weight
Fuel Capacity
Oil Capacity 
Primary Drive   What gearing do you have  ie: what tooth size Compensating Sprocket, tooth size Clutch Shell Basket, tooth size Transmission Pulley, tooth size Rear Wheel Sprocket

Brakes  11.5" Single Disc Front   11.5" Single Disc Rear
Wheels    ?" Front & 16" Rear what finish
Lean Angles    degrees right   degrees left
what instrumentation do you have.....

Of course what you know about the bike being stock.....

So tell us about the bike...it's always fun to hear how you found it, why you chose it, how you found this website of course we are all glad you are here....there are some nice people here for sure.....

Since you have a 1990 model you could help someone else when it's time for them to decide what to purchase.....for example did you choose the year and model for specific reasons....or perhaps you just purchased a bike and now you know you have an FXR....

Thanks for anything you want to add....

Regards,

Tim

strat94

• Then & now.
Re: FXR HISTORY
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2008, 11:58:53 PM »

Thank tim.
She's a 1990 fxrs lowrider convertible 80 ci. 1340 stock engine. I put on screaming eagle slip-on pipes she runs and sounds awesome. In the other picture I took off the windsheld and sadlebags. I'm really gald I found this site.
Got to go for now but I will be back soon!
(*;-)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2008, 02:08:42 AM »

Strat94,

Awesome! I just love it when we get the full name of someone's bike that owns it.....AHHHHHH YES....the CONVERTIBLE....for some reason HD originally labeled this bike in 1990 as a:

1990 FXRS-Conv. Low Rider Convertible   (and yes originally it had a "period" later in 1993 the last year for the bike it became the FXRS-CONV Low Rider Convertible

Anyway as you will notice if you care to click below on the following link, I too invested into some "Convertible" Saddlebags for my FXR2, it was quite the project but well worth it.....a BIT OF THE OLD SCHOOL.... <smiles>  :jalapeno:

CLICK HERE:   ADDITION OF LEATHER FXRSC-CONV SADDLEBAGS

How long have you owned your bike, I ask because if you just purchased it you might not be aware of this, don't ask me how I know...lol.....but at the location of attachment for the 3 knobs of the saddlebags...turn the knobs absolutely as tight as you can....it's a rubber grommet that fits into the cylinder that when you "crank" it, it causes the "rubber" to expand into the hole which causes the rubber to secure itself against the inside wall round cylinder recepticles.....you can't over tighten and you won't strip them out....they will crank to the the maximum tightness but you won't strip out anything....BUT make sure they are absolutely tight.....just so you know those bags are valuable....they aren't making them anymore.....they are OBSOLETE!!! so take care of them and make sure when you are using them that you perodically check to make sure they are absolutely tight....again don't ask me how I know.....

:oops:

Oh and if you can post "larger" photos.....so we get a good view of your bike....show it off....lol....the file that you are down loading can be up to 1500 kb.....so if you are resizing your photos that's all you need to bring them down to.....and what's great about this website/forum you don't run out of photo space.....well at least not yet...lol I suppose that could always change in the future....

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:11:33 AM by FXR2evo99 »

86LibertyFXR

« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »

This is a great topic, and quite informative.  I found and bought a 1986 FXR Liberty Edition about three months ago.  I've owned older and newer Harleys, this is my first on the FXR platform, and now I realize I missed out by not owning one sooner.

In my effort to keep this bike as original as possible (I'm the second owner, but learning my bike had been changed around some) I've found photos of other Liberty FXR's and there is a photo of one inside the AMEX in Chicago when Harley went public in late '85.  It would appear the Liberty had spoke wheels (mine has cast) and being an RS should have dual discs.  Mine is single disc and one other bike I found is single disc, yet another has a dual disc front end.  Yes, I've already replaced the Sporty air box.  The P.O. had equipped it with a CV carb and manifold set up. 

Does anyone know if all 744 units would have been equipped the same?

86LibertyFXR

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »

Here's the '86 Liberty w/ dual discs

86LibertyFXR

« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »

And one with single front discs.

None of the three appear to be "factory original" which is pretty much par for the course for most Evos.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.