Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!  (Read 12655 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!
« on: December 01, 2007, 04:05:03 PM »

OK, rumors rampant on the Corbin seats for our bikes. Seats held up over gap at tank panel? Can you get Flame Stitching? We now have definitive proof that:
1. You can get a Flame Stitched Heated Seat for the SERK3.
2. Corbin has done nothing special to fit the seat to the SERK3.

Rich 07 has had his Flame Stitched Heated Corbin Seat for a few month's now. He was a little bummed about the gap between the seat nose and the gas tank. Then Corbin supposedly put these seats on hold to wait for someone to bring in a SERK3 so they could get the fit perfect. That was supposedly done, and they started shipping seats for the SERK3 again. I just got mine. You tell me if they did anything different than Rich's. We don't see one bit of difference.

Rich came by this afternoon to checkout my seat. My bike's in the shop, and I wanted to see the fit of the seat too. We don't see any difference, meaning Corbin must have felt that their existing design was good enough. It's good enough for me. The gap is completely acceptable as far as I'm concerned. But it appears to be identical to Rich's. What do you guys think?

Here's some pics of both seats (similar views) mounted on Rich's bike.

Hoist! 8)

First one of Rich's seat.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Corbin Fit On SERK3 Seat!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 04:05:55 PM »

My new seat

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 04:06:25 PM »

Rich's seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »

My new seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 04:07:27 PM »

Rich's seat (view of the gap)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 04:08:31 PM »

Last one of my seat from the same angle showing the gap. What do you guys think? Did Corbin do anything different?

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 04:08:47 PM »

Could just be minor differences in camera angle but the second image looks like the nose of the seat is a bit more pronounced out over the dash and the pillion area is a bit thicker.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »

The gaps on sides at the front look identical though.  Any changes seem to not be in that area.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 04:11:23 PM »

The gaps on sides at the front look identical though.  Any changes seem to not be in that area.

Real life, we see no difference in the seats whatsoever! ;)

And like I said, it's perfectly fine by me!

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »

Last one of my seat from the same angle showing the gap. What do you guys think? Did Corbin do anything different?

Hoist! 8)

In the last two, it looks pretty much identical, to me.  Some gap there is good, I think, so that the seat is not rubbing the paint off the tank.  It does seem to go up and over the chrome dash more than I would like to really see, though.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 04:14:04 PM »

Hoist! 8)
I think you should both get rid of those seats. You can send one to me, and the other to Don. Then we can have them sent back to Corbin and have orange/red stitching done in the flames for each of our bikes. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Seriously if you guys can live w/the gap and the seat is comfortable..... Ride it like you stole it. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 04:15:49 PM »

I think you should both get rid of those seats. You can send one to me, and the other to Don. Then we can have them sent back to Corbin and have orange/red stitching done in the flames for each of our bikes. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Seriously if you guys can live w/the gap and the seat is comfortable..... Ride it like you stole it. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I'm fine with the gap. And you know me d00d, I don't know any other way!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 04:26:18 PM »

Just wondering out aloud here... How does the stock seat fit? What does the gap between seat/tank look like w/that on the bike?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 04:28:33 PM »

Just wondering out aloud here... How does the stock seat fit? What does the gap between seat/tank look like w/that on the bike?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Funny you mention that. I thought about that right after Rich pulled away. But I remember the gap on the stock one was similar too. But some pics of that would'a been nice as a comparison. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »

Funny you mention that. I thought about that right after Rich pulled away. But I remember the gap on the stock one was similar too. But some pics of that would'a been nice as a comparison. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
More then likely it is what it is, and it might be a reason behind that gap. Would much rather have a gap then decide one day I wanted to switch seat and find I had a paint rub on the tank. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 04:49:22 PM »

More then likely it is what it is, and it might be a reason behind that gap. Would much rather have a gap then decide one day I wanted to switch seat and find I had a paint rub on the tank. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Well put d00d! :2vrolijk_21:

We're using that as the reason that these seats are now perfectly designed! ::) ;) ;D

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 04:53:41 PM »

In the last two, it looks pretty much identical, to me.  Some gap there is good, I think, so that the seat is not rubbing the paint off the tank.  It does seem to go up and over the chrome dash more than I would like to really see, though.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Well put d00d! :2vrolijk_21:

We're using that as the reason that these seats are now perfectly designed! ::) ;) ;D

Hoist! 8)

I feel so misunderstood! ??? ::) ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »

Oops! Can't leave out Brian! :nixweiss:

We'll call it the "tHunDerd00d" Corbin SERK3 Seat! ;D

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 05:01:47 PM »

:ROFLOL: That's what you get for blaming me for breaking stuff. :P :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 05:05:36 PM »

:ROFLOL: That's what you get for blaming me for breaking stuff. :P :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Is it still considered "blame" if it's true?!? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »

Is it still considered "blame" if it's true?!? :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 05:09:38 PM »

So, to sum it up (and answer the question posed in this thread: Anyone else getting THE RUNAROUND from corbin on these seats for our bikes???), yes, people were getting the runaround from Corbin on these seats. :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 05:11:48 PM »

;D ;D ;D

I guess that's what I was trying to nicely say in the first place! ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 08:32:12 AM »

Thats good to see I guess, mine new solo has the gap too...a little more on the right than left, but I ain't tried reinstalling the seat and spending a little more that 10 seconds aligining it.  It sure is comfy alreadt though zI only have 60-70 miles on it.  Now a fender bib....anyone?

Miker

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 10:58:21 AM »

Thats good to see I guess, mine new solo has the gap too...a little more on the right than left, but I ain't tried reinstalling the seat and spending a little more that 10 seconds aligining it.  It sure is comfy alreadt though zI only have 60-70 miles on it.  Now a fender bib....anyone?

Miker
You may want to look at this thread - 2007 SERK custom fender bib. That member has since sold it, but you can see what he had and possible get information on who made it for him.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 11:02:59 AM »

Thanks...

Miker

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »

I have no idea how to put the link in a post..but Ghost rider did that to his.

CVO\Pictures\Some New Ocd.

It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 11:17:34 AM »

I have no idea how to put the link in a post..but Ghost rider did that to his.

CVO\Pictures\Some New Ocd.

Here it is - Some new OCD.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 11:18:35 AM »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 11:19:40 AM »

Aight dood...Give me a lesson in links.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:05 AM »

Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 11:20:58 AM »

Aight dood...Give me a lesson in links.
PM on the way...

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:58 AM »

Thanks dood.  :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 11:50:50 AM »

Thanks dood.  :2vrolijk_21:
I knew you could do it. :2vrolijk_21: Tell JD you learned something new today and you should be able to spend another $750 on your bike. ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HarleyJeff

• CVO1: 08 SE Road King "Annie" #590
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »

Hey Hoist, have you tried the backrest in the riders position. My problem wth the stock seat's riders back rest is that it pushes me too close to the tank. I'm a big guy and need as much room as I can get. Also does the seat itself push you closer to the tank than stock? I had a corbin dual tour on my VTX Honda and it was close to the stock position.
Thanks, Jeff
BuB 7 True Duals
MoFlo air cleaner
SERT Pro & Dyno tune 100hp/118tq to the ground.
Factory center stand
LED turn signals
HID headlight conversion

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 01:13:35 PM »

Hey Hoist, have you tried the backrest in the riders position. My problem wth the stock seat's riders back rest is that it pushes me too close to the tank. I'm a big guy and need as much room as I can get. Also does the seat itself push you closer to the tank than stock? I had a corbin dual tour on my VTX Honda and it was close to the stock position.
Thanks, Jeff

Welcome to the site Jeff! I don't use the rider backrest. The HD one won't work with the Corbin. You need to use Corbin's. I didn't buy that with my seat. I haven't tried the new seat yet, as my bike's still in the shop getting a new motor built. Corbin will also rework the seat once for you for free, to get it to fit you better, if the standard arrangement doesn't fit you right. ;)

Hoist! 8)

HarleyJeff

• CVO1: 08 SE Road King "Annie" #590
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply Hoist. One more question, does the stock passenger backrest work with the Corbin? Those corbin backrests are VERRY expensive! :-\
BuB 7 True Duals
MoFlo air cleaner
SERT Pro & Dyno tune 100hp/118tq to the ground.
Factory center stand
LED turn signals
HID headlight conversion

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply Hoist. One more question, does the stock passenger backrest work with the Corbin? Those corbin backrests are VERRY expensive! :-\

I have a taller detachable sissy bar, with a standard RK passenger backrest. I had it recovered by Corbin to match the seat. I think the stock short sissy bar/pad interferes with the passenger section of the Corbin seat.

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:23:07 PM by Hoist »

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »

Yes it will fit. I used stock passenger backrest (03 SERK) with Corbin dual touring seat until I bought a Corbin backrest, no problem.

BADBUD
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 01:18:24 PM »

Do you have any adjustment left on the back mounting bracket to allow the seat to move forward a bit to fill in some of the gap? I had the same issue with my dual tour seat on my SEEG and had to slightly elongate the holes on the rear mounting bracket to allow the seat to move forward just a bit. A slight gap between the seat and tank is good as the seat will lay down a little the more time you spend on it and break it in. Nothing beats the Corbin IMHO.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »

Well, after using this seat for the first time on a 2400 mile trip, I'm not happy to report that I'm not happy with my heated Corbin dual touring saddle on my SERK3! >:(

The seat is fine on short trips. The heat is fantastic! But on long trips, I get monkey butt as bad if not worse than the HD Sundowner seat. The firmness is nice for awhile, but starts getting to you after time. Running 600mi/day, by the second or third gas stop you just can't wait to get off of it. Never thought I'd be happy about getting 30 mpg, but by the time I need gas, I can't wait to stop. Shouldn't be that way. Same with Binx.

After seeing and trying other Corbins on SEEGs and SEUCs, the SERK seat is built more compact than those. Maybe they're trying to maintain the "look". But I'm not looking forward to going to Sturgis on this seat. I might not even wait til the winter to send it back, but they gotta do something for me to allow me to keep it on my bike.

Anyone else have any feedback on a heated Corbin SERK seat? Trying to determine if it's just mine, or if they all suck! Thought I'd reach out for a consensus before contacting Corbin. But right now, mine and Binx's asses are not happy campers! :'(

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »

Well, after using this seat for the first time on a 2400 mile trip, I'm not happy to report that I'm not happy with my heated Corbin dual touring saddle on my SERK3! >:(

The seat is fine on short trips. The heat is fantastic! But on long trips, I get monkey butt as bad if not worse than the HD Sundowner seat. The firmness is nice for awhile, but starts getting to you after time. Running 600mi/day, by the second or third gas stop you just can't wait to get off of it. Never thought I'd be happy about getting 30 mpg, but by the time I need gas, I can't wait to stop. Shouldn't be that way. Same with Binx.

After seeing and trying other Corbins on SEEGs and SEUCs, the SERK seat is built more compact than those. Maybe they're trying to maintain the "look". But I'm not looking forward to going to Sturgis on this seat. I might not even wait til the winter to send it back, but they gotta do something for me to allow me to keep it on my bike.

Anyone else have any feedback on a heated Corbin SERK seat? Trying to determine if it's just mine, or if they all suck! Thought I'd reach out for a consensus before contacting Corbin. But right now, mine and Binx's asses are not happy campers! :'(

Hoist! 8)

Howie, if you do send it back to them be sure and consider everything about the seat.  Where it crosses under thighs and hips, additions fo padding, etc etc etc.  If you're going to take advantage of their one lifetime free adjustment you want to catch it all.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »

Howie, have you tried a Mustang? Sturgis almost killed me last year with the HD Sundowner - I bought a pad for the trip home and that helped. I've since put on a Mustang (had 1 on my WG and loved it). I can ride all day with no discomfort on the Mustang seat.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 02:17:02 PM »

Hey Howie sorry you're having issues. I'm sure its a bummer after waiting so long. I was going to ask you about the comfort level but I see you answered it. I just put a new seat on mine ( I think its a sundowner) so Susie would have a little more padding in the back. But on the 3 hour ride to Myrtle but went to sleep 3 or 4 times. Its seems to be hard for big boys (260) to find a good seat. So How much was it??

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »

I don;t have my numebr available but I bought the solo with backrest and passenger pillion...Around 600...It has to go back to be recovers and the pan needs to be trimmed...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »

Oh, I am a svelty 270..   :pineapple:

The solo with backrest is quite comfy too.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008, 02:55:28 PM »

Just spoke with Corbin. Don from the FL store is in Americade as we speak. They're there til Sat. I'm trying to make arrangements to meet him in Lake George on my way up to our GTG this weekend. I might have a better shot at them correcting it for me if I do it in person. Ya'll think that'll help? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »

Just spoke with Corbin. Don from the FL store is in Americade as we speak. They're there til Sat. I'm trying to make arrangements to meet him in Lake George on my way up to our GTG this weekend. I might have a better shot at them correcting it for me if I do it in person. Ya'll think that'll help? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

Unless the guy you're talking to is also the guy working on it I'd doubt it.  Just another level of interpretation for the discussion to go through before it gets to whomever is actually working on it. 

The only time I've had them rework a seat after the fact talking with the person actually working on the seat was the ticket.  She told me to put my hands in different places to figure out "where it hurt" or what needed to be where.  It was a conversation she knew how to have.  When the seat came back it was perfect.

However....  if Corbin is there with lots of display items you might sit several of them and learn which model has padding levels more to your liking.  That could arm you with even more information to use when speaking with the actual repair person.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »

Unless the guy you're talking to is also the guy working on it I'd doubt it.  Just another level of interpretation for the discussion to go through before it gets to whomever is actually working on it. 

The only time I've had them rework a seat after the fact talking with the person actually working on the seat was the ticket.  She told me to put my hands in different places to figure out "where it hurt" or what needed to be where.  It was a conversation she knew how to have.  When the seat came back it was perfect.

However....  if Corbin is there with lots of display items you might sit several of them and learn which model has padding levels more to your liking.  That could arm you with even more information to use when speaking with the actual repair person.

Good idea to try other seats there Don. The guy I'm seeing is the guy you'd talk to in Daytona if you had to do this on the phone, which was my only option. Unless I saw them in Sturgis. But even there, I doubt I'd be talking to the guy doing it. This guy Don is the guy Jenni deals with, so he probably entered the order for it in the first place. If he knows the product like I hear he does, this might be a bonus weekend for me! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2008, 12:32:51 AM »

With Corbin issues, speaking Spanish helps these days.  :nixweiss:

It's personal thing, as far as comforting the posterior, but I have never had a Corbin that I liked and the BSR like it even less for the most part. Feels like sitting on rocks to me. Too damn bad they won't give you like 30 day trial and you return it on your dime, but get a full refund.  :2vrolijk_21:

Maybe try a Danny Gray seat or Mustang? I have a Mustang seat in the garage that I use occasionally and BSR loves it on longer rides. Wanna try it?

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2008, 01:16:35 AM »

One other thing to at least keep in mind on the recent Corbins compared to prior products from them.  The now four year old seat for the SEEG has a pigtail for the seat heater that hangs down as you lift up the seat.  You can easily reach in and unplug it with the seat lifted.

The new seat that just arrived for the SERG no longer has this.  It's harness from the bike connects to a smallish connector made right to the bottom of the seat up in the "pocket."  No way to get at it without raising the seat up a long ways.  Definitely no way to get it on and off without taking the tour pak off first.

Compared to the older seat this one would be much more a nuisance to connect and disconnect.  I made what I wanted and plugged the Corbin harness in to the seat, cut it off at a convenient lenght and put a deutsch connector in the middle.  So now it's a little more convenient to use too.  If anyone else is like me and has had one for awhile you'll apparently find that difference in the new ones though.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 11:11:46 PM »

Does anyone know if Corbin will make a seat with the nose wider to
cover the gap in the tank on the right side of the seat.

The stock seat covers it nicely, why can't Corbin cover it also.

To me the nose looks like it is for a different style bike.

I want a Corbin, but I just can't get past the ugly nose.
I had a Corbin on a wide glide for 5 years and loved it, but
it looked right on the bike.

Mark

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 12:06:55 AM »

Does anyone know if Corbin will make a seat with the nose wider to
cover the gap in the tank on the right side of the seat.

The stock seat covers it nicely, why can't Corbin cover it also.

Mark

I will admit that the RH side of the seat doesn't match as well as the left.

When the seat was new, it was a bear to get on without bending the front tab.  Now after 12,000 miles it goes on easily and fits better even on the RH side.

I saw a picture of a nanner on this site where the RH side fit badly (maybe yours?) but mine was never that bad even new.  I'm particular, but the fit is not an issue anymore.

Hope this helps, Bob.

I got mine Oct 2006..  (paid the $899 price)..

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »

Pic

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »

OK, I saw Don from Corbin last Fri in Lake George. He recommended to have the seat reshaped (nose job I guess). They're also gonna add 1" of foam above the heat. That should help too since it gets too damn hot now. First they'll check the foam in there now. They had a bad mix of foam at some point and a buncha seats are too hard as a result. If mine's in that category, they'll basically build a new seat with my seatpan and leather cover.

But they were very nice and easy to work with. So far haven't had any CS issues with them. Jenni spoke to Sergio, the guy I spoke to, and reviewed everything and got me an RA# for the return. I'll be shipping it back to Hollister and keep my fingers crossed that I get it back before Sturgis, and that it's good for me this time!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2008, 12:08:36 AM »

I will admit that the RH side of the seat doesn't match as well as the left.

When the seat was new, it was a bear to get on without bending the front tab.  Now after 12,000 miles it goes on easily and fits better even on the RH side.

I saw a picture of a nanner on this site where the RH side fit badly (maybe yours?) but mine was never that bad even new.  I'm particular, but the fit is not an issue anymore.

Hope this helps, Bob.

I got mine Oct 2006..  (paid the $899 price)..

Thanks for the pic Bob, it does look like yours fits better than any I have seen so far.
I would like to know if they would maybe custom build me a seat with a wider
nose to cover the tank better. I have a mild case of OCD and every time I look
down, I would be very unhappy.

Mark.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 01:13:52 AM »

Liking mine less the more I ride on it. Have about 3k on it now.

Spoke to one of the Corbin reps at Americade, thought he was a dick and and told him pretty much the same.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Sean M Cary

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »

Spoke to one of the Corbin reps at Americade, thought he was a dick and and told him pretty much the same.

PH - any experience with the Russel Day-longs?

I am really thinking hard on the seat thing...

Sean

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »

Why are you liking it less?

Mark

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2008, 09:00:48 AM »

PH - any experience with the Russel Day-longs?

Never heard of it.

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2008, 09:05:30 AM »

Why are you liking it less?

There is a seat for every ass, I guess the Corbin just isn't for mine.

It is fine for my back, no issues there. But after a couple of hours riding it starts to get uncomfortable. The best way I can describe it is that it feels as if someones is pinching the entire surface of my butt.

I can raise up off the seat for a few seconds and instant relief, for about 5-10 minutes.

Right now I can't imagine going across country with it.

So far the most comfortable option I have had is the comfort stitch seat WITH an air hawk cushion.

But that has it's own issues. You have to do something with the cushion when you leave the bike and it raises you up about an inch or so.

MV 2013

Sean M Cary

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »

Never heard of it.

http://www.day-long.com/

Have heard nothing but good things about them...and lots of bad about the Corbins lately.

Sean

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »

http://www.day-long.com/

Have heard nothing but good things about them...and lots of bad about the Corbins lately.

Sean

Sean,

JMO here, but I would make sure you have seen one and sat on one on a RK before you buy.  I was looking at seats at Sturgis last year, and I am pretty sure I checked these guys out.  (I didn't remember the name, but that is definatly what the seats looked like)  Anyway, the dealer was very blunt in telling me that not only did they not make any seats that fit later model Harleys, but also that they didn't have any seats that would look very good on my bike.

Later,
Ghost

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2008, 09:35:14 AM »

Form over function on HD!  They sure are fugly...I think the commfiest one I rode was the cop seat RK...

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »

That Road Sofa looks comphy and looks better!

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id104.html

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »

There is a seat for every ass, I guess the Corbin just isn't for mine.

It is fine for my back, no issues there. But after a couple of hours riding it starts to get uncomfortable. The best way I can describe it is that it feels as if someones is pinching the entire surface of my butt.

I can raise up off the seat for a few seconds and instant relief, for about 5-10 minutes.

Right now I can't imagine going across country with it.

So far the most comfortable option I have had is the comfort stitch seat WITH an air hawk cushion.

But that has it's own issues. You have to do something with the cushion when you leave the bike and it raises you up about an inch or so.

If you get ready to sell the corbin, PM me with a price unless it has red
on it. Probably would not look good with red seat on a banana.

Mark

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »

If you get ready to sell the corbin, PM me with a price unless it has red
on it. Probably would not look good with red seat on a banana.

I'm thinking my my light weight ass is keeping from "breaking in" in the normal 1000 mile range. I will probably put another 2k on it before I decide.

No red, but it does have chrome studs.
There are pictures of it on here in the thread that Good Howie started about corbin's

MV 2013

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2008, 11:25:52 PM »

OK, I saw Don from Corbin last Fri in Lake George. He recommended to have the seat reshaped (nose job I guess). They're also gonna add 1" of foam above the heat. That should help too since it gets too damn hot now. First they'll check the foam in there now. They had a bad mix of foam at some point and a buncha seats are too hard as a result. If mine's in that category, they'll basically build a new seat with my seatpan and leather cover.

But they were very nice and easy to work with. So far haven't had any CS issues with them. Jenni spoke to Sergio, the guy I spoke to, and reviewed everything and got me an RA# for the return. I'll be shipping it back to Hollister and keep my fingers crossed that I get it back before Sturgis, and that it's good for me this time!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie, I have talked to Don before and yes he is a nice guy. In fact everyone I have ever talked to at Corbin has been nice but the problem I encountered was that their people seem to come and go rather fast, at least in Florida. If you recall I had sent my seat back to Corbin when they had realized during a conversation about the gap near the tank, that they had not sent me the correct seat.  Anyway I returned the seat in Feb and I just got it back about mid May. Seat appears to be the same as the previous one from the standpoint of padding. I loved the old seat and took two trips that totalled about 5000 miles with no discomfort. The new seat definitely has a new "nose" and fits much better. I will attach a couple of phots so that you can see the fit.   JJ

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:40 PM »

corbin on 07 serk

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »

corbin on 07 serk

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 11:28:03 PM »

final of corbin on 07 serk

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2008, 11:34:20 AM »

I received my new Corbin Monday. It also has a slight gap between the seat nose and tank. That doesn't bother me as much as the bulky look of the passenger seat. I hope adding hard bags will take care of that.Most of all hope the comfort has improved. KB
kb

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2008, 12:00:55 PM »

I received my new Corbin Monday. It also has a slight gap between the seat nose and tank. That doesn't bother me as much as the bulky look of the passenger seat. I hope adding hard bags will take care of that.Most of all hope the comfort has improved. KB

Come on now:

:worthless:

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »

I thought that response may be headed my way.KB
kb

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »

Howie, I have talked to Don before and yes he is a nice guy. In fact everyone I have ever talked to at Corbin has been nice but the problem I encountered was that their people seem to come and go rather fast, at least in Florida. If you recall I had sent my seat back to Corbin when they had realized during a conversation about the gap near the tank, that they had not sent me the correct seat.  Anyway I returned the seat in Feb and I just got it back about mid May. Seat appears to be the same as the previous one from the standpoint of padding. I loved the old seat and took two trips that totalled about 5000 miles with no discomfort. The new seat definitely has a new "nose" and fits much better. I will attach a couple of phots so that you can see the fit.   JJ

Now this is the way they should all be made. No gap on the
right side of the tank. I would want one if it fit like this.

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »

I believe that Corbin had actually sent out seats for the 07 SERK that did not have the correct base. If you  flip the seat over you should see some etching in the base of the seat. This writing is also included on the tags that are under there. Anyway I don't have my seat in front of me but there should be writing that says something similar to 07 CVO RK. There was a big difference in the height and contour of the nose of the seat between the first seat Corbin sent and the second one.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:11 PM »

I believe that Corbin had actually sent out seats for the 07 SERK that did not have the correct base. If you  flip the seat over you should see some etching in the base of the seat. This writing is also included on the tags that are under there. Anyway I don't have my seat in front of me but there should be writing that says something similar to 07 CVO RK. There was a big difference in the height and contour of the nose of the seat between the first seat Corbin sent and the second one.
You are correct, I had received 4 incorrect seats from Corbin, I paid for the return shipping each time, when I received the credit 5 months later, it was for 1 return (shipping costs) not 4. However, I was told, I would be contacted when the proper seat was ready to ship and I would have the unreimbursed shipping charges deducted off the cost of the seat along with my10% Sturgis discount. When I read FLHRSE3 Group members were receiving seats from Corbin, I contacted Corbin, told the CSR to look up my file, and send me out the dual tour seat. The CSR contacted me later the same day to informed me Corbin would give me the 10% discount, however, I was not going to receive the $108.63 in out of pocket shipping. This is why I will never offer Corbin as a viable option. Next time I go to Hollister, CA I will file a claim via Small Claims. Corbin Is Dead To Me!

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »

Corbin actually had UPS pick up my seat so I did not have to pay the shipping charges. Also as they had had a price reduction from the time of my original purchase, I asked them if they would refund the difference.  The salesman said he did not think he could get them to refund the money so I responded with if no refund then include the heater at no charge or cancel my order and refund my money. They included the heater at no charge.   Sorry that you had all the trouble that you did.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »

I put a Mustang on mine, its about 1" short of the console, at least the corbin comes up over the console.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »

I received my new  Corbin 3 weeks ago. It fits fine and looks good. It was a hard ride for the first 800 miles but seems to get better by the day.KB
kb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2008, 11:19:16 AM »

Well, I spoke with Corbin again today. They're sending me a shipping label to send my seat back again for its 3rd rebuild. Original seat was NFG! The rework of the nose got the shape better, but seat was still really uncomfortable. They're taking it back to try again. Hope they get it right this time. I'm getting sick of all this back and forth. All we want is a damn comfortable touring seat, which we've already paid for!!! :nixweiss: ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »

Crikey!

I have and old dual tour...all broke in..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »

Well, I spoke with Corbin again today. They're sending me a shipping label to send my seat back again for its 3rd rebuild. Original seat was NFG! The rework of the nose got the shape better, but seat was still really uncomfortable. They're taking it back to try again. Hope they get it right this time. I'm getting sick of all this back and forth. All we want is a damn comfortable touring seat, which we've already paid for!!! :nixweiss: ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Maybe it's not the seat.  Maybe it's your ass is old and wore out :nixweiss: ?

Sorry about the continued hassle.  Too bad the seat didn't bear true to your first impressions.  I'm lucky that all of mine are fine.  This latest one probably even best of all.  Keeping fingers crossed they get it to make your ass very happy this time.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »

I  wish that I had the choice between Corbin and Mustang when I bought my Corbin. I am not unhappy with Corbin I just think Mustang is a little more comfey on the backside. KB
kb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:20 AM »

I  wish that I had the choice between Corbin and Mustang when I bought my Corbin. I am not unhappy with Corbin I just think Mustang is a little more comfey on the backside. KB

Never cared for the looks of a Mustang. But the C&C, Saddleman, and Day Longs don't look too bad. I just hope my Corbin comes back like the seat I thought I bought in the first place. Otherwise, I'll need to look at my options again too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »

I guess i just lucked out. My Corbin looks and fits just fine. The heat is a nice option in this weather. I just wish it was a little softer for my old azz. KB
kb

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »

Hoist! 8)

FCRBN !!! Is this going to be a new mantra?  :nixweiss:  :huepfenjump3:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2008, 08:00:04 PM »

FCRBN !!! Is this going to be a new mantra?  :nixweiss:  :huepfenjump3:

Not yet Joe!!! One more chance before I sing that tune!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:47 AM »

My Mustang is the most comfortable seat I've tried and they are super people to work with. It easily covers the console.

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2008, 09:12:37 AM »

Another shot

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2008, 03:06:13 PM »

Not yet Joe!!! One more chance before I sing that tune!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

I've been misled and bent over by Corbin, like many, too often. My Corbin experiences led me to LePera. I am extremely happy with the finished product with regard to day one comfort and quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.404 seconds with 21 queries.