Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Dealer Eval Scheduled  (Read 6118 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: Dealer Eval Scheduled
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 02:41:28 PM »

Travis

You will always be accountant to us!

:2vrolijk_21:

Well besides the guy with the fast red SERK
 ;D

Thanks Chip.  Almost makes me wish I hadn't voted for you now.   :huepfenlol2:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »

I was talking to you..BUT Henry may as well take note too.

What kind of friend takes a bike that he can't pay for?

Which reminds me, if accountants really are the greedy SOB's y'all think we are, why don't I have more money?   :nixweiss:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »

May be a reference to Law Enforcement Officers??   :nixweiss:  (not that I would ever make such a reference to the ticker hand-er-out-ers)

Ahhh, yes.  Brain fade got me on that one.  Of course, I haven't used that expression to refer to an officer of the law since way back in 1970 or thereabouts.  :nervous:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »

Would those be morrels or some other mushroom?   :tr_4:

How about them magic ones Travis? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hayman7712

• Full CVO Member
  • D&D Fatcats, Power Commander 101hp 114ft-lbs tor

• CVO1: 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 04:41:57 PM »

I had the same problem with mine.  At first it was a total case of denial from the dealer.  Then it was the ACR's.  Then it still wouldn't run right.  After weeks of going round and round, I finally got another bike.  The problem with the first one ended up being the flywheel.  They sold it to someone else before discovering the problem.  The second owner filed a lawsuit, which I unfortunatly got caught up in.  The bike still sits in the service department a year later.  The MOCO needs to face the music on this.  They will never admit fault when it comes to engine problems.  If the handle bars are shaking that bad, have them check the flywheel.  It's might be made in China also!!  Believe me, you are not the first one with this problem.  Dean. >:(
[img]http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 08:14:01 AM »

I can't believe it, here's another person using that term.  We're "accountants" the term "beancounter" is both offensive and derogatory.  Please don't blame us, we did not design, nor decide where to produce your crankshaft.   :bananarock:  ;)

Ghostrider---- I should kmow better than to make generalizations wrt an entire class of minions. If I offended you I apologize; however, the over-compensated CEO where I work just so happens to be a beancounter not to mention a droid-like as-hole with absolutely no respect/concern/appreciation for anyone working 'the trenches'. And he DOES make one monumental bonehead decision after another with absolutely no accountability for the negative outcomes. I'd bet he doesn't own a mirror as he seems incapable of even remotely considering that his CF performance just might be at the core of the problems we've experienced under his rain-of-terror.

leoniru

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »

Ghostrider---- I should kmow better than to make generalizations wrt an entire class of minions. If I offended you I apologize; however, the over-compensated CEO where I work just so happens to be a beancounter not to mention a droid-like as-hole with absolutely no respect/concern/appreciation for anyone working 'the trenches'. And he DOES make one monumental bonehead decision after another with absolutely no accountability for the negative outcomes. I'd bet he doesn't own a mirror as he seems incapable of even remotely considering that his CF performance just might be at the core of the problems we've experienced under his rain-of-terror.

leoniru

leoniru,

No worries Mate.  No offense taken.  Its kind of a running joke with me and the "beancounter" thing.

I feel your pain, by the way.  We've all had to work for "that guy" at some point.  Heck, it seems like I'm always working for "that guy."  Oh well, only 25 more years until I can retire...maybe.

Later,
Ghost

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »

Okay, here's the update on my SERK 'issues' and dealer experience.
When I showed-up on Thursday at 1300 for my 1400 appointment, the service writer said "...I have you down for tomorrow at 1100...". I said "No, my appointment is for today at 1400 just like we agreed on and just like I wrote down after hanging the phone up. After some period of awkward silence, he could see that I warn't goin' away, and mumbled something like "... well, maybe somebody switched it around....". To which I responded "It's a good thing it's a drop-off service appointment then , isn't it?" Geeessshhh, what a way to start off. I then went over every point on my list. He ran out of writing room on the service order form. I emphasized that I was in no hurry to get the bike back and that I wanted it thoroughly checked-over. I left about 50 pages of thread print-outs from this forum on crank run-out; head gasket failure; valve train/rocker clearance; slipping cylinder liners and fast/hung-up idle. The last item was my speedo backlighting periodically going on and off but just from the 60 mph mark up through the 120 mph mark--- the upper half of the dial. Off I went not feeling very good about the whole damn thing. He told me I could call in the next several days to see where things were at.
I called late the next day and I was basically told that the bike was done, but he couldn't say for sure what if anything specific was found, and he was not at the service desk so he couldn't pull it up on the 'puter to check my service record. 5,000 mile service was done (except I didn't want the tranny oil changed-- I had Redline HD Shockproof in it.)
 I asked if the owner (Dennis), the SM (Bruce), and the chief wrench (Ken) had ridden it like I was told they would. He said Dennis had taken it out and said "...it was smooth as silk." I told him that Dennis and I apparently had very different ideas as to silkiness. He said he would call me later to let me know the specifics. I said to leave the info on my answering machine if he did not reach me directly. I found a message later that night saying that the bike was ready for pick-up --- no specifics whatsoever other than my bill total being $220.00 some dollars.
I got down for it yesterday, and after a 10 minute wait at the service desk I finally was asked my business. The girl pulled up my data and gave me the total bill figure again. I asked if the speedo backlight had been fixed --- silence. Then she mumbled something about they couldn't reproduce the problem. Same for the fast idle. I asked to speak to the owner and/or the SM(who I could see sitting in his office). She said Dennis is unavailable, but offered to go talk to the SM. I gave her a few minutes with him before I invited myself into his office. He was reading over the service printout sheets. Just as I was about to start in on him, Dennis (the owner) rounded the corner with lunch in hand. I adjusted my aim accordingly.
I asked Dennis if he had ridden my bike (after kind of telling him who I was and what bike I was referring to). He said he had and that the bike had no issues wrt excessive vibration. Said he'd run it up to 80 mph and felt it was fine. He then added that my windshield ( an 18" Clearview) was too short and was causing a buffeting of my head and my back tire was making as much noise as a semi rig going down the road (tread whine). I said the back tire was the original and as far as I knew, no one outside of Dunlop made a tire for this bike. He didn't feel that the 5th and 6th gear tranny noise was an issue either. The red veil must have decended then as I kinda remember ranting about my 30 year-old Beemer being light years ahead of this state-of-the-art H-D offering in terms of smoothness, handling, and long distance ride comfort. THIRTY YEAR-OLD TECHNOLOGY! We went a few rounds of verbal jousting.  I figured it best to remain civil, and regrouped and went at him from another angle. I asked him if he was aware of 110" crankshaft runout problems. He admitted he was, but they (his dealership) had yet to replace one. How about head gasket leakage? He pointed to his '08 SEEG through the window into the service area and said he was having his replaced right now. Liners slipping? He was aware of this as well, but again, had yet to replace any.
I was somewhat relieved that AT LEAST HE WAS ADMITTING THAT THE PROBLEMS EXISTED.
He said they'd take care of the speedo backlighting problem when I said that of all the different concerns I had, I felt that the one that stood the best chance of being resolved was the speedo. And as my warran-y was up next April, I wanted it addressed before then, and that this was the second time I had the bike there for the intermittent hung-up idle. He turned to his SM and asked him if my bike had the latest ECM map/flash/whatever. He said he didn't know but it would only take a few minutes to check, and off he went (lunch unfinished) to do so.
This left me alone with Dennis who was still standing where I cornered him with his lunch in his hands. He told me that he would see what if any replacement/different tires the MoCo might have when he went to 'the show' in Vegas later this month (or next month?). Said the tire people are usually there. Said that tire singing would drive him nuts if he had to listen to it for any length of time. Said I'd be better off with no windshield and a fullface helmet rather than the 18" Clearview. I said I had a brand new extra tall Road King windshield at home, but had yet to try it. I figured that as the Clearview's upper edge was high enough now that I had to stretch my head/neck up to see over it ---I was at maximum height as far as conventional wisdom goes. I said I'd try the extra tall Road King shield when I got home ---if I didn't sell the bike on the way.(cont'd)
I

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 09:16:19 PM »

I finally let the guy go eat his lunch just as I saw the SM pull out on my bike to road test it --guess he didn't ride it prior to this.
I payed-up at the service desk and the girl knocked off $70.00  from the total as I had "...an hour of service credited to me".
Bought some "Pig Spit" and went out to saddle up. Met the SM on his way in. He said he'd check with the factory on the speedo issue and they'd take care of it. Said that I did NOT have the latest ECM flash so he put it in. It was the torque-smoothing one. Said most guys thought it was an improvement when I asked if it would lower the engines' performance.
 I noticed that they must have detailed my bike as it wasn't when I dropped it off.
I pulled out and had every intention of heading another 20 miles down the road to the BMW dealership, but at the last minute I turned the opposite way and headed home.
Damn if the bike didn't feel somewhat smoother, and sound quieter (top end noise). But I'd noticed the latter before with fresh oil.

Today I put the tall windshield on and went for a short run on I-81. It definitely makes a positive difference. The bike definitely has less overall felt vibration at speed. Only thing is, I'm looking through the shield all the time. The upper edge is at least 3"-4" ABOVE my line-of-sight. So much for that axiom of being able to look over the top of the shield wrt fitting advice.
Still undecided about keeping the bike. She sure is purty, though.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 05:39:37 AM »

What kind of friend takes a bike that he can't pay for?

Which reminds me, if accountants really are the greedy SOB's y'all think we are, why don't I have more money?   :nixweiss:

You spent it all on that red RK!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.