Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Problems so far with the 11' RGUSE  (Read 16493 times)

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
Re: Problems so far with the 11' RGUSE
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 12:26:07 PM »

I picked up my 2011 FLTRUSE Aug 25. The next day I found the GPS wouldn't speak through the radio. On inspection, I and the dealer found the audio cable from the cradle had physically been ripped out from the factory, missing, not even there! While the cradle with wiring harness was on order, I found the CB PTT switch would hang up, not release after pushing it to talk. Now with 5300 miles on the bike, in the shop 41 out of the 83 days I've owned it, there is so much static through the headset when the GPS transmits I can't use it and same with the CB, on receive or transmit there is so much static I have to unplug my headsets. The dealer didn't do their checks to make sure everything worked before they gave the bike to me, I had to find the problems myself. The bike does seem to run OK though, in the time I've had it since purchase. It's a lot of money to spend on a bike to have it sit in a shop so long with no resolution of the issues.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 01:29:48 PM »

I picked up my 2011 FLTRUSE Aug 25. The next day I found the GPS wouldn't speak through the radio. On inspection, I and the dealer found the audio cable from the cradle had physically been ripped out from the factory, missing, not even there! While the cradle with wiring harness was on order, I found the CB PTT switch would hang up, not release after pushing it to talk. Now with 5300 miles on the bike, in the shop 41 out of the 83 days I've owned it, there is so much static through the headset when the GPS transmits I can't use it and same with the CB, on receive or transmit there is so much static I have to unplug my headsets. The dealer didn't do their checks to make sure everything worked before they gave the bike to me, I had to find the problems myself. The bike does seem to run OK though, in the time I've had it since purchase. It's a lot of money to spend on a bike to have it sit in a shop so long with no resolution of the issues.

I am having a similar problem with my CB PTT on my 2011 FLTRUSE. On mine it would work a time or two and then it would seem like the PTT would hang open. While it was hung open no one could hear me and I could not hear them. After about a minute it would clear up and then I could hear if someone was talking. If I used the PTT again it might work or it might hang open again. I am also getting feedback through the headset while the PTT is hung open and static/feedback with the GPS instructions through the headset.  Does this sound similar to what yours is doing?   
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »

Exactly what mine is doing. And the static/feedback changes as the engine is revved up. Has anything been done to try to correct yours yet? I would like to stay in contact with you as I'm dealing with Harley corporate about this problem.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »

Exactly what mine is doing. And the static/feedback changes as the engine is revved up. Has anything been done to try to correct yours yet? I would like to stay in contact with you as I'm dealing with Harley corporate about this problem.

Sounds like a bad ground to me.   :-\

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

LUV2RYD

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »

Mine is doing the exact same thing as you describe.  Obviously it is not an isolated incident.  Am taking it in to my dealer next week.  Also, my key fob locking system just began to work intermittently, probably not related...unless it is a grounding issue.  Will let you know what I find out.
'15 CVO Road Glide Ultra Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
'03 Heritage Classic 100th Silver/Blk

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 09:50:25 PM »

Mine was in the shop 3 1/2 weeks this last time and they said they checked all connections and ALL the grounds.

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 07:30:34 AM »

I took the bike to the dealer and explained that the CB PTT appears to hang open and that when the problem occurs it is consistant on how long it lasts for. All they did was run diagnostics on the radio and said it was fine. I left the dealer an purely by accident I hit the volume while the PTT was hung open. I noticed that the radio display showed that I was adjusting the volume for the Nav/Phone.  The only time this mode should be active is when the NIM (Navigation Interface Module) is active. When I got home I pulled the fairing off and disconnected the connector to the NIM. It has been disconnected for about 3 weeks now and the CB works 100%. I told the dealer what I did and when I brought the bike in for it's service they ordered a new NIM. Now that I know that others are experiencing the exact same issue we either all have defective NIMs or the NIM is not compatable with the CB some how. 
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 08:28:30 AM »

I would say so considering the $$$ you spent.  I would call HD charmer relations and. Complaint.  They should do something for you.  That's BS!  I am fortunate so car I guess. But withtodays shrinking market no one can afford stupid quality issues like this ??? :soapbox:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

III

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 11:02:56 PM »

A couple of problems with mine so far:
The Gps mount not hooked up from the factory.
I also have a left side cover that belongs on a different bike.  :oops:

On a side note, tonight at the dealer in College Station, TX there was 3 red/black RGUSE's. According to the dealer 9 total have been sold in TX. What are the odds.  8)

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 11:15:02 AM »

III, Did the dealer get your GPS connected or was it missing wires like mine was? And if it's connected, can you hear it in your headset clearly with no background static?  Thanks.

Does anyone know how many FLTRUSE's they made this year?

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 09:40:32 PM »

Mine has a pretty severe wobble at 40.  Tried tightening neck bearing.  No joy.  Found wheels bearings NOT INSTALLED (pressed in) PROPERLY.  Dealer fixed that (hopefully) and replaced the front tire.  Nothing said about the wheel.

Have one other related tour pack beef but for another thread.

III

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »

HOGD, The harness from the mount had never been connected from the factory. I haven't tried the head set yet or CB/Bluetooth thingy. Last I heard there is suppose to be around 3000 FLTRUSE's made.

BA, The dealer I was at has seen 4 FLTRUSE's and all 4 have the wobble issue. They are fairly sure there is something going on with the front 18" wheel that is out of specs. I believe the FLTRUSE's are the only bikes from the factory with this particular wheel. Hopefully it is just a bearing replacement and not a wait for a new wheel.  :confused5:

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:46 AM »

I had a severe wobble at 35mph. wobble what a way after the dealer adjusted the neck bearing properly. dealers said it is very difficult to adjust the neck bearing properly on the new road glide.

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 06:54:07 PM »

I don't know, III.  First time I looked at that wheel I thought it was the most complex wheel I've ever seen.  Maybe it's not but I've not changed my mind.  There is a whole lot going one with it.  Not surprised there are issues.

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »

I went to the San Mateo, CA. l international motorcycle show this weekend talked to Harleys CVO guy asked him what was going on with all the wrong parts being put on and damaged parts, he said he'd never heard about this I told him he needs to read the CVO owners group website.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.797 seconds with 21 queries.