Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Problems so far with the 11' RGUSE  (Read 16492 times)

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
Re: Problems so far with the 11' RGUSE
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2010, 01:30:25 PM »

CW, I went to the International Motorcycle show in San Mateo Saturday and talked to him too, so now he definitely knows there are problems with these bikes. I sure hope he does something about it when he gets back, but I'm not expecting much.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »

I had the wobble as well. Notified the dealer and they buttoned things down. Not noticing it now.  My right floorboard bottoms out on the pan sending a shock up my leg.  Dealer replaced it and the replacement piece does the same thing. The same thing happens to the bike on the dealer floor. Doesn't happen with the left floorboard.

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 08:04:16 AM »

I took the bike to the dealer and explained that the CB PTT appears to hang open and that when the problem occurs it is consistant on how long it lasts for. All they did was run diagnostics on the radio and said it was fine. I left the dealer an purely by accident I hit the volume while the PTT was hung open. I noticed that the radio display showed that I was adjusting the volume for the Nav/Phone.  The only time this mode should be active is when the NIM (Navigation Interface Module) is active. When I got home I pulled the fairing off and disconnected the connector to the NIM. It has been disconnected for about 3 weeks now and the CB works 100%. I told the dealer what I did and when I brought the bike in for it's service they ordered a new NIM. Now that I know that others are experiencing the exact same issue we either all have defective NIMs or the NIM is not compatable with the CB some how. 

hogdooz,
The dealer replaced the NIM and the CB works fine now. Hope this helps to get your CB issue resolved.
cvosjoe
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »

After the dealer replaced the NIM, Radio, various other things and the problem was still there, and even got worse, the dealer replaced my bike! I picked the new bike up yesterday and everything works great. Weather here is 50 degrees, I'm going out for a break in ride. I'm finally excited about my new bike!
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

Thundering6

• CVO1: 2007 VRSCX #66/1400
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong here.....
Aren't the current CVO's being assembled in the York,PA plant?.
If they are,and it seems to me they are,I could believe any issues you guys are having with them.
They utilize so many workers from the local temp agencies(day workers only now since the layoffs)now to assemble the bikes I am not sure I would be comfortable riding one let alone buying one.
Its a shame what they MoCo has done to the locals who work there at the plant and with their quality control falling to pieces all they are going to do is further damage their reputation.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 09:44:17 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong here.....
Aren't the current CVO's being assembled in the York,PA plant?.
If they are,and it seems to me they are,I could believe any issues you guys are having with them.
They utilize so many workers from the local temp agencies(day workers only now since the layoffs)now to assemble the bikes I am not sure I would be comfortable riding one let alone buying one.
Its a shame what they MoCo has done to the locals who work there at the plant and with their quality control falling to pieces all they are going to do is further damage their reputation.

That may be, but every line, except the V-Rod, Sportster, and Dyna are made in the York plant.  I personally don't want any of those three bikes, so if I want an HD, I have to take my chances with the York plant.  I will admit, however, that since they moved the CVOs out to the main production line, I've seen more issues with assembly now (wrong parts installed, loose bolts and nuts).  I never had any assembly issues with the CVOs I got that were made in the "CVO barn", but have had a few assembly, QC, issues (that have since been rectified) with my SEURG.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »

I also have had the NIM, radio, plus the  CBM, and the wiring harness replaced. Still hangs up 45-90 sec. at a time. When the dear rep. got involved, at first he said my radio was fine, nothing wrong. When that didn't fly,later he said they didn't have a solution at this time, but the engineers will keep working on it. I see from this form that other people are having the same problem for 5 plus mo. now.   How long is to long? How long is enough?   ANYBODY                              thanks   tish

No help for you Tish.  It took the MoCo 18 months to admit fix the problem they had on the 110 rear head gasket leak.  So don't expect them to have a fix anytime soon for this.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »

I also have had the NIM, radio, plus the  CBM, and the wiring harness replaced. Still hangs up 45-90 sec. at a time. When the dear rep. got involved, at first he said my radio was fine, nothing wrong. When that didn't fly,later he said they didn't have a solution at this time, but the engineers will keep working on it. I see from this form that other people are having the same problem for 5 plus mo. now.   How long is to long? How long is enough?   ANYBODY                              thanks   tish

tish,
The issue you are having appears to be identical to the one I was experiencing. This is what I would suggest you do. Disconnect the NIM and ride the bike for several weeks and see if the CB issue is still happening. I think that you will find that with the NIM disconnected the CB will work fine. For the 30 minutes it would take to disconnect the NIM you have nothing to lose at this point.
Joe
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.