Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2015 RG CVO  (Read 5721 times)

RG RON

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: 2015 RG CVO
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »

Ron,
Your story makes mine pale in comparison.  Neither me nor my wife remembered any part of the accident.  I have always figured God blacked us both out for the bad part.  She passed away on a med flight to Little Rock later, she just fell asleep forever on the flight.  Unfortunately, you didn't have that with your friends mom, and I know that moment is forever etched in your mind. 

I truly am sorry for the loss of your son.  We couldn't have children, but I know what it's like to lose my best friend, lover, and lifetime companion.  No father should have to bury his child, but it happens, my friend.  Why, we won't know until we get to talk that over with God one day, and then you'll end up agreeing with His logic and all of this life will seem like a dream and a drop in the bucket.
I know that's the way it'll be for me when I get to see my wife again, and my Saviour.

Brother, you need to pray about your situation.  Seek God's guidance.  I don't believe He is the kind of God to take others home as a "lesson" of some sort to you.  But I do believe He speaks to our minds and hearts.  If that's what is going on, you need to listen to Him.  If your prayers don't reveal more about that, then maybe He's OK with you riding and wants you to work your way through it all. 

But don't let anyone talk you into riding or staying with the sport.  Not ever.  That's your decision and yours alone.  And don't ride on days when you feel weird about it.  You need to be up for it when you do get out there.

PM me if you ever just want to talk, brother.

Harry Thanks again my friend, I have always been a believer and have gone to church since I was a kid. My faith has brought me through all of this and I have got baptized just last Sept and spoke at my baptisim of some of my testimony and also at a Men's conference in March of this year. I never would've thought, ever in my lifetime that I could speak in front of other's but did. I was quite uncomfortable before both testimonies but when I took the stage it all went away. Yes I do believe that when our time has come to be called home there is nothing we can do to stop it as we don't know his plan, but will someday. I say a prayer everytime I mount up for protection. Just weeks ago I could've got wiped out from behind but it wasn't my time as my lifelong skills and protection had prevented what very may have been my last ride. My wife rides as well except a tri glide. She normally follows me and I have taught her survival skills while learning and it shows many times when we ride. I was taught by my dad who was a good rider back in the day. He and another fellow told me years ago when I was younger that when the time comes that you no longer respect a motorcycle then it's time to sell it and quit riding. At 54 I'm just not quite ready just yet. Kind of funny that I can sit and be on bike sites, talk bikes to friends ect. but as soon as talk is about going for a ride I can feel the anxiousness approaching. I was never like that. One thing I do feel and think is we are all on a journey and some the journey is shorter than for other's. Thanks all for the condolences I really take it to heart. This time to will pass, but will always be a void, I'm very sure Kid you can agree.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.