Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Tour pack relocation  (Read 23422 times)

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

• CVO1: FLHXSESG2
Re: Tour pack relocation
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »

Any other way of contacting George other than phone ? Would like to enquire about getting one of these shipped to the UK.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »

Any other way of contacting George other than phone ? Would like to enquire about getting one of these shipped to the UK.

I guess you could write him by snail mail...if he has an e-mail address, I've not seen it.  He's good about returning phone calls, at least here, but being overseas may be a different story.

Whatever you've got to do to get in touch with him, it's worth it.  I just installed his plate and it is a quality piece...took all of 15 minutes with a bit of help from my wife to hold the TP up while I bolted the plate down.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

zemo

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »

Just put the relocation bracket on my '11 RGU from George. Great guy to deal with. Check and bracket crossed in the mail. Went on as easy as described. Everyone was tied up so I sat the TP forward on the seat and di the install solo. BSR loves the extra room to stretch her legs without kciking me in the calf. 8)

wadez1

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »

I ordered George's relocation plate from www.tourpak.com.  I ordered it on Friday and it was in the mailbox on Monday.  Las Vegas to KY!.  The web site takes credit cards and PayPal.  Installed it in 20 minutes and my wife LOVES it.  She said it was definetly worth the $186.95.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »

Is Georges kit steel or aluminum?
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »

I ordered George's relocation plate from www.tourpak.com.  I ordered it on Friday and it was in the mailbox on Monday.  Las Vegas to KY!.  The web site takes credit cards and PayPal.  Installed it in 20 minutes and my wife LOVES it.  She said it was definetly worth the $186.95.

You could have gotten it directly from George for $175 (shipping included), and you would have had it almost before you wrote the check.  (He ships it almost immediately after you order it.) :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »

Is Georges kit steel or aluminum?

It must be aluminum...I just tried to stick one of those small magnetic levels to it and it wouldn't stick.

TTS Mastertune

papadoc

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »

Hey Guys,
Kuryakyn does make a wonderful tour pack relocater. I had it instaled on my CVO 2011 Road Glide Ultra. Works great with a
full 6 inch "back and forth travel. Check into it. Papadoc

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »

I recently upgraded from a 2011 FLTRU and assumed the passenger seat space would be the same... but it's not and looks to be a few inches shorter back there. There isn't a lot of space for my wife with the driver's backrest in place, and I ended up buying George's relocation kit. The install took about 25 min and my wife is very happy now. There's a bit of an ugly gap where the fender shows through between the seat and backrest, but not a big deal.

It would have been nice if HD thought of this and built in some adjustability, but the kit worked very well and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

BTW, George was great to work with and very helpful. I ordered the kit on Friday and got it on Monday.
2020 CVO Limited

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »

There's a bit of an ugly gap where the fender shows through between the seat and backrest, but not a big deal.

It would have been nice if HD thought of this and built in some adjustability, but the kit worked very well and didn't cost an arm and a leg. 

I agree, especially if you put the TP back in the 2.5" position.  At 1.5", it's not too bad.  It would probably be possible to go to an upholstery shop and have a thicker hang down pad thingy made to better fill in the gap better, but I'm not sure that would work in the long run.

You can bet that HD has noticed the TP relocation issue...if they ever offer one, it'll be $299 for the black version, and $399 for the Stealth Chrome version.

TTS Mastertune

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »

Just put the kuryakyn adjustable on my eg ultra. It is stated that it won't fit but it does without any mods. It's a bit tight next to the boom system,but it clears with about 1/16 inch to spare.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:50:21 PM by King roadglide »
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »

Talked to George today for a while, ordered from him at $165.00 shipping included.  Cool guy to talk with, learned all about him, retired pattern maker, his friend does all his CNC work on the kits then he gets them powder coated and ships them.  Very trusting soul, shipping Monday prior to check arriving, you have got to love dealing with such a great guy.

Cannot wait to get it, was going to make my own modeled after his, but after talking to him decided to buy his.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:23:22 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 09:02:28 PM »

Talked to George today for a while, ordered from him at $165.00 shipping included.  Cool guy to talk with, learned all about him, retired pattern maker, his friend does all his CNC work on the kits then he gets them powder coated and ships them.  Very trusting sole, shipping Monday prior to check arriving, you have got to love dealing with such a great guy.

Cannot wait to get it, was going to make my own modeled after his, but after talking to him decided to buy his.

He's a hell of a guy...don't find many like him these days.  Great product too.

TTS Mastertune

sled dog

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2011, 02:14:55 PM »

I recently upgraded from a 2011 FLTRU and assumed the passenger seat space would be the same... but it's not and looks to be a few inches shorter back there. There isn't a lot of space for my wife with the driver's backrest in place, and I ended up buying George's relocation kit. The install took about 25 min and my wife is very happy now. There's a bit of an ugly gap where the fender shows through between the seat and backrest, but not a big deal.

BTW, George was great to work with and very helpful. I ordered the kit on Friday and got it on Monday.

Kuryakyn makes a filler pad to go along with their re-locater kit. I have George's re-locater on mine but i filled the gap between the seat and TP with the Kuryakyn filler pad. My T/P is set back 2" and the you can hardly see the filler pad.
2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red/Slate Black
Fullsac X-pipe 2.25" cores TTS Mastertune

2008 FLTR 103 V&H True Duals
Custom Solo Seat

ralford

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »

Sounds like you guys are happy w Georges product  :orange:  I'll give him a call tomorrow, it's great to find good people to work with. Didn't used to be that rare. Actually all the guys recommend here just make my day when working w them.   :2vrolijk_21:

Cheers,

Rusty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.